“Skip this place - go somewhere else”
Review of Costa Azul

Costa Azul
Ranked #624 of 1,098 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is review is for the Costa Azul branch at the Shopping Montevideo. First it looks like a a storage place with chairs and tables. The service is deplorable, it looks like the waiters are on another world. The food is average and below. The prices are not cheap at all.
Why do you need to go there????

1  Thank Alexander K

Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is your classical "minutas" (local fast food) restaurant inside a shopping mall. Don't go if you are in a hurry or in no mood to wait, as the service is really slow (even though there were only half the tables with customers). We took a huge "chivito al plato Costa azul para dos" which really was big enough for three people.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

My friend and I went to this restaurant and were not greeted at the door by anyone. After waiting a couple of minutes we decided to seat ourselves as several workers had seen us there but not approched us. A waiter then said we could not sit where we intended but to wait for another table which was being vacated at that time. Hmm... okay then. Waited a while as an elderly couple left the table. As we were about to sit down, another worker from behind the bar was yelling at us. We only have limited spanish but it turns out he was saying that we have to sit outside!!! Needless to say we left straight away and, judging by the comment below, I'm glad we did. We went to an amazing restaurant a couple of blocks away called 'Fellini'... I recommend you do the same.

2  Thank ATraveller16
Reviewed 18 May 2012

A few months ago I dined here with some friends. When I was ready to leave I went up to the register as the waiters were not around. I was told that my bill came to $840 but was not given a bill. I paid him and went back to my seat, to find that a friend was having hassles with another waiter, disputing the bill. I noted that my bill was awful high too, as I hadn´t ordered much. I was encouraged to do the sums, and found that I had been over charged by about $350. I returned to the register and confronted my waiter. He threw me a surly glance and handing me $100 from the register he walked away.
Not to be dismissed so easily I awaited his return and demanded we go over the figures. Eventually, with the help of a friend who speaks Spanish more fluently I recovered the full amount owing to me. It was a long drawn out process and left me with a bad taste for the establishment. The whole thing seemed blatant and arrogant.

3  Thank Kanan A
Reviewed 27 April 2012

It is located in a quiet corner of Pocitos not so far from where I was staying, the food is very good, fresh and with portions for very hungry people, sometimes is worthwhile sharing but all is typical of the local cuisine, meaning good meats, fish...and their pizza is excellent. Service is prompt and very quick....so do enjoy this restaurant, a sure place to have a good meal.