We spent 4 nights during the new year break at this hotel. it was a great choice with a lot of pros and a few cons.
- Location (near the "sea", the city and excellent restaurants).
- Attached to a shopping mall.
- Room (clean, good size, huge bed, perfect if you have kids).
- Polite staff.
- Very good breakfast (albeit I read bad comments about the breakfast, I indeed liked, it was a good selection of food, fruits and juice and I did not have problems in finding a free table).
- Pool (the pool/gym floor is brilliant).
- The concierge service.
- US$ 15 for using the wifi. C'mon, it is 2014!!!
- US$ 6 for a bottle of water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fashionable residential area of Punta Carretas and overlooking the serene Rio de la Plata, our hotel is a great choice for business and leisure travelers. Adjoined to the Punta Carretas Shopping Center, and only 200 meters from the Golf Club and the promenade, you are surrounded by the comfort of one of Montevideo's most important residential neighborhoods. Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay, is a very cosmopolitan city - the result of successive European migrations. With 1.5 Million inhabitants, the city lies along a beautiful beachfront. Landmarks include the Cerro (hill) for which Montevideo (from the Portuguese Monte vide eu, which means "I see a hill") is named. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Montevideo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Montevideo
- Montevideo Sheraton