“Excellent stay, centrally located”

Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Only had 3 nights in Montevideo by myself and I'm glad I stayed here. Flight was delayed so only checked in at 2am and was promptly given an upgrade. The rooms are very spacious and while the furniture may be a bit antique, I had a nice feel about it and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in for a while. Centrally located in the square, so made walking around the Old city, down to the waterfront and port area quite easy. Staff were fantastic and assisted with locating places and organising tours. Amazing views over the city from breakfast on level 25. Good wifi.
Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are large and will have a decent view, the higher the floor the better though
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Granules2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

a "nominally" very good hotel in the city center

perfect location

friendly stuff but a bit more of english skill would be necessary

large rooms but with very old furnitures that should be renewed to cope with the international standard of Radisson

very nice the view from the restaurant, good and abundant the breakfast

too much expensive (and in US Dollars !!!) for what they offer

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My room was very big but the fornitures and the bathroom were very old.

Breakfast was good even if a bit too repetitive after three days at the hotel.
The view from the restaurant is nice..

Staff was friendly and efficient, a bit. more of english would be certainly appreciated

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Radisson Montevideo is a first class business type guest hotel. My checkin process was one of the best I have been able to experience, thanks to the both profesional and gracious manners of Diego, one of their receptionists. His desire to make your stay very pleasant continues during its totality. He is one of the "no problem" type of person that are beginning to be hard to find at other establishments. I was assigned a suite with a magnificent view of the river Plate and the port district. Their main restaurant is being temporarily (I hope) being used for breakfast and lunch, but unfortunately is closed for dinner.

Room Tip: Try and reserve a room in the higher floors, number 23 if posible.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recommend this nice and bussiness-like suitable hotel, with the best swimming pool over there, please consider there´re not too much places as Dubai, so you'll agree with me. Cosy rooms and amicable bar. A nice place 5 stars to stay.

Room Tip: I like rooms viewing port of Montevideo.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wish I could have stayed more than one night, Really liked the hotel and surroundings. The room I had was a suite and the views over the Rover and Port excellent. The hotel has a lovely lobby and bar area. Didn't have time to try the pool or spa but will next time for sure. The hotel is right on the square and so a walk over the road and you are in a small park. Lots of restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

It is hard to believe this is a Radisson Hotel! My flights had been delayed, so I ended up arriving mid morning - for a room that had been booked for the night before. So my room should have been ready and waiting - but No. At check-in I was told to wait an hour. I refused - since I had paid for the room - it should be there. After 10 minutes of playing on the computer - he "found the room" and gave me the key. I reaffirmed with him that it was non-smoking - nope - so back to the computer - another 15 minutes before he "found" another one. This is 30 minutes of check-in after being screwed with LAN flight delays. Although I was being polite, he stopped talking to me, just pushing the key towards me and turning to serve someone else. He had no problem watching me go to the wrong set of elevators, only to come back to him to be rudely pointed in the right direction.

After that, well breakfast could not accommodate all the guests, and had a large queue waiting outside the breakfast bar, even though we could clearly see empty seats. The air conditioning does not do cold, so it doesn't take long for the room to get hot and stuffy - it wakes you up at night! The shower is only luke warm. The conceirge cannot speak English, in fact most people there cannot. If this was a cheap 2 star hotel, I could overlook all of this, but it's not, it's an expensive Radisson.

The good points are (a) the location - it is fantastically located in the central part of the old city, and (b) a staff member named Diego who was on reception in the later afternoon - evening. He seemed the only person to genuinely want to help.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker - make sure you are on a non-smoking floor. Otherwise they will try to palm...
1  Thank DACWgtn
Radisson Montev... V, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Montevideo , we sincerely apologize with all the inconveniences ocurred here in our hotel.

We will absolutely document these scores for our management team to ensure our guests aren't met with a similar situation in the future.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, but we are disappointed that your stay with our brand wasn't the experience we wanted for you.

We hope you’ll try our brand again when your travels next allow so we can have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

We genuinely appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations so we can be better prepared.

Roxana Morganti