“Food and Views the best in Rarotonga”

Tuoro Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Avarua
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Food and Views the best in Rarotonga”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great food created by Jaz and awesome hospitality with Michelle and Andy on hand to supply all your needs.

• Visited November 2013

Avarua, Cook Islands
“"Wont be the last"”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

First time in a long time leaving a eatery establishment feeling really satisfied with the entire experience. I have many years in the hospitality trade and have visited many of Rarotongas finest restaurants and am always waiting for something to go wrong. I am also a wedding planner so Im always looking for different opportunities, venues, accommodation, scenery etc
What can i say!! We were greeted within seconds by Michelle, & seated. Most importantly NOT rushed to order food, Michelle's service is next to nothing, she always came at the RIGHT times (not only when my beverage needed refilling) ,not overwhelming and VERY VERY informative with both the Food & Beverage Menu.
The food was amazing, I had the Sticky Chicken Dish with rice (AMAZING)!
The entire eating area is immaculate, comfortable and CLEAN!!! Which is hard to find on Rarotonga. Value for money!!!
Very impressive!!!, i will diffinately be recommending Tuoro Restaurant to my personal friends and also to my future wedding couples/lparties.
Thank you Michelle & Andy!! See you both next week!!

• Visited January 2014
Cambridge, New Zealand
“If you want the best on Rarotonga, look no further than Tuoro!!!!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Tuoro Restaurant has to be one of the best in Rarotonga!
As a chef I am always looking to find that wow factor within a dish, I want food to entice me, to send my taste buds on a journey and electrify all my senses. I love the sweet, the sour and the bite of an unforgettable zing when chilli is used perfectly.
Set among the beautiful gardens of the Black Rock Villas property in Avarua, Tuoro restaurant is small but very inviting! Hosts Andy and Michelle welcomed my partner and I as if we were old friends from way back, chatting about the island and its many attractions.
Head chef Jasmine hails from Whitianga New Zealand and knows her stuff in the kitchen! Upon our first dining experience we decided to try a few dishes on the tapas menu. Each dish was presented beautifully; every bite sending me on the journeys in which I had desired. The sweet was there, the sour and in a few there was definatly the zing!!
Our first visit left us craving more and wanting to experience the rest of the menu, so needless to say we went back a further two times. we relaxed in the afternoon heat with a ice cold beer and more exquisite dishes. Absolutely amazing 5*

The panoramic view of the lagoon from our table was phenomenal!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank picklentbag
Dunedin
“Delicious food, friendly service & amazing setting”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

One of Rarotonga's top food establishments, with freshly sourced local produce built into a delicious menu. Tapas and main meals available - we were fortunate to try most items on the tapas menu, which we all thoroughly enjoyed and recommend.

The service is second to none - hosts Michelle and Andy have recently purchased Black Rock Villas and Tuoro Restaurant and have taken it from being a nice restaurant to one of the best on Rarotonga. Michelle and Andy made me, my sister, parents and grandparents feel very welcome and actually made our experience all the better. We shared stories and had a great time. My family and I will definitely be back when we next visit Rarotonga.

The surrounding gardens, pool and view out over the lagoon and ocean can't be beaten.

If you are after an epic dining experience while in Rarotonga, look no further than Tuoro Restaurant at Black Rock Villas

• Visited December 2013
Wellington
“Tuoro- Black Rock Villas”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We were able to walk here and home as stayed at the Sunset Resort. German owners who have just sold to a Kiwi couple. The menu is simple but everything was delicious. BYO makes it even more special and it was dining al fresco. The pool and the villas behind the restaurant are lovely :)

Visited June 2013