We had one night here as a stopover on the way back from Aitutaki. Transfers from and back to the airport were efficient and friendly. The accommodation was very nice. It was spacious, clean and had a comfy bed. The resort gardens were beautiful, the feeling of the whole place was welcoming and lots of excursions/activities were on offer. Loved the hammocks on the beach. Not the best beach for swimming/snorkelling, as the reef was quite close and at high tide it was a bit choppy and at low tide you were a bit too close for comfort to the coral. However with two lovely pools this did not bother me and I understand there are nicer places to snorkel fairly close.We ate lunch and dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed both. All in all, a great place to stay. Lovely atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands