“Awesome service by people who know their stuff”
Review of Bergman & Sons

Bergman & Sons
Ranked #3 of 12 Shopping in Avarua
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll find in this store the largest collection of natural and cultured pearls on the Cook Islands, in the form of rings, earrings, strands and loose pearls.
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Visited the Bergman and Sons shop in Avarua as we were looking for a black pearl ring. We were served by Winne who was very patient and knoweldgable about the products. We went away to explore other jewellery shops but ventured back to Bergman and Sons to again look at the jewellery. There was really no comparison to the quality of the ring but it was the service that secured the sale for us in the end. We ended up buying a Black Pearl ring that was just beautiful.
They sized it straightaway and even cleaned my wedding rings for me. I was concerned about the fitting of the ring the following day but was reassured by Winnie and co that i should leave it until I return home and the swelling in my fingers settle down. Great advice.

Thank you so much Winnie and co for making the choice very easy.

All reviews
"budget"
in 4 reviews
"wearable"

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I bought a really nice piece of jewellery from them. The sales assistant was really helpful. I would love to have seen some more modern settings for the black pearls.

1  Thank RobsieB
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My wife and I were shopping for a clip-on black pearl for her white pearl neckless. They had an excellent selection and we were able to knock off approx 15% from the price. The negotiations were done in good humor. Excellent shoping experience.

2  Thank cmdrbond
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Had the pleasure of buying some black pearl jewellery from Martha at the Bergman & Sons in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. The store is located in down-town in the Avarua. The store is hidden away off the main road so you have to look behind the gas station.

The entire experience was a extremely pleasurable, with no pressure selling at all. Martha educated us on what to look for, worked towards our budget and most importantly the hygiene factor was amazing! They wiped down the earrings before and after we tried them on.

The store is very comfortable, with a atmosphere perfect to take your time relax and shop at your pleasure. Betty and Martha are very knowledgable about the products and help to guide and coach you to buy the right product for your budget.

A touch of luxury.

#starlightmoments photography
#goWayTravel

3  Thank NimNada
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have been travelling to Rarotonga every couple of years for the last 10 years. In the 10 years I have bought 2 major pieces from Bergman's and one minor one. These are pieces you never get tired of or that will go out of fashion. If you are looking for the cheap tourist pearls you will find them in the market or some of the other shops. If you are looking for unique wearable fashionable black pearl jewelry pieces Bergam's is the place to shop. When I first started going they carried pearls set primarily in gold, now there is a good selection in both silver and gold. If you find something you love as I did, treat yourself, wear it and enjoy it. You never go wrong buying something you love although you will kick yourself if you don't. Life is too short. By the way I bought one woman's piece and 2 men's. Feel free to ask them what they sold me and say you saw my review. After 10 years Luke or Ben will remember me. I still have my eye on one understated elegant piece for my niece.... i won't tell you which one so that you won't buy it on me. Enjoy. Tim's the name.

3  Thank holidayfuncalgary