We recently stayed a night before and after flights to and from Aitutaki. We have stayed here in the past, when room rates were around the $100 a night but this time we paid $160 and for what is essentially 2 star+ accommodation. The rooms are basic. No air conditioning, curtains barely cover the windows. Toilet not flushing properly. Shower head broken. One cup and one glass in a room with 2 king beds.No Tv. Louvre windows into the hall, which can be noisy. This time the bathroom wasn't clean either. Uncomfortable beds.
It is 2 min walk to the airport and we were offered a ride across the road when it was drizzling, which we appreciated.
On a Positive note, the Cocktails are great and I had the best Tuna I have had on all our trips to the Cooks. Just seared and no more. Nice outlook from the bar/ restaurant out to the lagoon.
It is convenient to the airport but we will consider another option next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Rarotonga, Cook Islands