“Best hostel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Builth Wells, United Kingdom
“Best hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at Blue water lodge with 3 of my friends in march 2010. I can honestly say that it is one of the most friendly, cosy hostels i've ever stayed in. Me and my friends went on and travelled all over the world and stayed in many hostels. We are wished every single one was as nice a blue water lodge.
The staff are wonderful. After a week of island hoping around Fiji we came back to Blue water lodge, they very kindly did all of our washing for us for such a reasonable price.
The food was outstanding! I had lamb curry one nice, it was beautiful.
Its been 2 years since I stayed at blue water lodge, I still think about the place time to time and I am full of fond memories.
Thank you blue water lodge.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kate p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at Bluewater Lodge last December with 2 friends for a transfer night from Sydney to the Yasawa Islands. It is located in a peaceful area, surrounded by vegetations and few other lodges. We had a great time there. When we arrived from Sydney, the first thing we did was to jump into the swimming pool and the staff offered us some refreshment and cake to welcome us.
We also did a walk around but the beach wasn't as great as we thought (brown sand).
We had a very good dinner that night, and even had some delicious welcome cocktail while someone was playing guitar..

We also stayed there when we came back from the Yasawa Island, and we again had a great time - the only issue that I had was regarding the air conditioning, that was either too cold or not enough! The rooms are a little bit small, and one is in the hall way.. but it is very quiet at night so we could sleep well.

To conclude I would say that at Bluewater Lodge, everything is at Fijian time.. so take your time to relax and enjoy :)

Room Tip: Rooms upstair on the right have a balcony with a great view and closer to toilet and shower. However...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Judas S
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This lodge is around 15 minutes from the airport and we pre-booked the pick up from airport. It was quote Fiji $12 but finally charged Fiji$15, but it's no big deal. We found that staff are friendly and helpful when checking in. There are free wifi but the speed is very very slow, easier to pick up signal at the reception. We got a double room with private bathroom (Fiji $79). The room is clean with minimal furnitures ( with air-con). The bathroom and toilet is clean. We did not have hot water in the shower at the beginning but the staff managed to fix the problem. The food is nice. They have Fiji $20 2 courses meals and you have the meals beside the pool. There was live band on one evening. The breakfast is very simple, basically 1 banana with 2 slide of toasts. For this price, I am quite satisfied with blue water lodge and it is much better than my other stay in tropic of capricorn, which is around the same price.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joacheng
Townsville, australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

There is so much about this place that is wrong....
1. We arrived to check in at 2pm. The staff looked like they had just woken up and told us the room and dorm bed we had booked were not ready and we had to wait. At 3pm, we were still waiting. This was ridiculous! You would expect to check-in to a hotel before 3pm. Plus the facilities were disgusting dirty as they had not been cleaned for some time. Also, there was perhaps 1 toilet for about 20+ beds.

2. I was in a downstairs cheaper option dorm room which was quite comfortable apart from the fact the music was so loud in the bar area that I felt like i had speakers in the dorm. It was so loud that sleeping tablets, ear plugs and exhaustion could not let me sleep.

3. We were to get on the Yasawa Flyer bus at 7pm. the included breakfast was supposed to start at 6.30. As the cooking staff were still asleep (on the couch in the lounge room!), we had to wake them and then push them to get cracking with breakfast so we would be able to eat before our long journey up the Yasawas. We ended up with coffee only and I forced them to give me some bread as i walked out the door.

4. When i went back a second time (oh the stupidity), i specifically asked for a non-hotel taxi to come in the morning to take me to the airport in the morning. I wanted a taxi with a metre as i did not want to pay the tourist price. I repeatedly asked the bar girl this and she told me she understood and this was ok. Sure enough, the hotels taxi arrives in the morning, and refused to turn his metre on. I requested them to call another taxi from a taxi company, or to give me the phone book and i will call myself. The hotel man assured me he would call a metered taxi. Of course, another hotel taxi turned up and after arguing with the taxi driver to lower the price to what it should be I was forced to get in due to my now lateness. The driver also assured me a proper price. Once we got to the airport, he went back on his word and insisted i pull full price of $15 or he would get in 'trouble by the hotel'. After all this, i missed my bus by to Suva and was late for work. Not Impressed at all. left a sour taste in my mouth after my fantastic holiday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SoniaLee
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed twice in the Blue water lodge. First when we came from the airport and second when we came back from the Yasawa islands. The first night we had a nice double with private bathroom for FID$79,-. We also booked the taxi with them and that cost FID$6,- / person. For the other night we had a six bed dorm room to ourselves for FID$18,- / person. The shared bathroom was not very clean.
The food is great and they have a good deal $20,- for a starter or dessert with a main. Continental breakfast included (coffee, toast and fruit).
Wifi was extremely slow both times and you could hardly check your mail. The staff is nice but a bit clueless; both times it took 4 people to check us in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thaddeus73
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had anticipated that the accommodation in Nadi would be great value for money but this is not the case. The staff are outstanding and the food great but the actual hostel only has two showers and they are very dirty by the evenings, there is also only one toilet upstairs and downstairs. The rooms are very hot even with aircon and mosquitos are a massive problem (although this may not necessarily be the case due to the floods happen a week earlier.) This hostel is not near to anywhere and has no atmosphere, everyone went over the road to have drinks, eat and party. The internet is very slow and taxi charges are higher that advertised on all websites.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The staff were friendly, in fact so friendly they partied with some guests which kept us aake all night. The next morning there was no hot water in the shower (the hot water tap had no water coming from it). B'fast is 6:30-9:30am. After no shower we sat down for B'fast at 7:25am, asked the lady cleaning up the mess from last night if we could have b'fast. However she couldn't wake the staff. At 8:30 the manager came in & gave us b'fast, we thought he lived some where else but no he lived upstairs (why he didn't stop the party I don't know). The pool was only cleaned once that was so the owners nieces & nephew could swim in it, prior to this it was cloudy.
I wanted to leave after the first night but as we couldn't afford to leave we had no choise but to stay. Oh yes we couldn't read in our room as the main light doesn't work. he toilet paper holder kept falling off the wall & there was mould growing in one corner of the ceiling.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends