“A VERY AVERAGE HOTEL! WITH SOME BETTER ROOMS”

Hexagon International Hotel, Villas & Spa
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Stayed on 4 separate dates between different flights around the pacific, my hotel room was very average, 2 nights were very short due to my early connecting flights. The free transfers were fine leaving for the airport, however on my return in to Nadi Airport I had problems waiting for my free transfer, the driver didn't always wait & he had to be contacted to return to the airport, overall the hotel is a average place to stay between flights & not long term, food in the restaurant very basic, & the rooms are in need for some attention!. I stayed in room 125 & 135, some loud music from the building next door & very little sleep. I had pre-booked my 4 night stay before leaving Sydney & booked through the Qantas web site, I had to pay an extra FJD $20- per night for a upgraded room, also noticed the rate would have been cheaper if I had paid on arrival, functional & basic accommodation for all ages.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 October 2010

We needed a cheap place to stay as we were attending a wedding the next day and then going to Suva. Hexagon seemed like a dodgy choice given the reviews but we thought how bad could it be given we were only staying for 1 1/2 days at the most.

Our stay at Hexagon did not get off to the best of starts as there was no transport to pick us up. I thought about waiting but then decided to just take a taxi instead. It was only FJ$5.00 to Hexagon so I wasn't bothered.

On arriving there we were promptly checked in and shown to our room. I feared the worst but on enterting the room found it to be surprisingly clean and tidy. The TV worked fine and the aircon was great. The shower was large and had a power rose.

Our room was located right next to one of the pools and given there weren't too many people staying there we had it all to our self during our stay there.

We did not eat at the Hexagon as there were numerous options around the place including chinese, indian, japanese and pizza. Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. There is also a department store (RB Patel) just next to Hexagon and they sell sorts of stuff including booze.

All in all we had a very pleasant stay at the Hexagon. I get the impression that Hexagon has improved its facilities and service since some of the earlier posts regarding it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed at the Hexagon for 17 days. From day 1 Staff where so friendly. The tour reception organised our trips and that was fantastic. Relaxing with children was great as all the Hexagon staff made our children feel like they were at home.
Nothing was too much for them to go out of their way to make you feel welcomed

Thankyou to All staff who welcomed us during our 17 day stay

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2010

My husband and I were booked into this hotel when we booked a flight and stay holiday. We landed at 5am and had to get someone to ring the hotel to let them know we were waiting for collection.( we were charged for this call) On arrival we informed the receptionist that we had paid for an upgrade ( after reading other reviews) he looked baffled but gave us our room key. OMG, our feet stuck to the floor whilst walking down the corridor. On entering the room we were horrified, the curtains were hanging off, the bed sheets had old blood stains on them, the furniture was filthy and the bathroom was crawling with ants. The windows, were like that of a cell !!. No hesitation we knew we could not stay.
My husband said we should go to reception and inform them we would not be staying. What a surprise we had when we tried to lock the door, the key turned and turned in the lock, No wounder on check in they gave us the remote for the TV and air-con remote tied together with an elastic band. To give them good grace they did try to give us a deluxe room for no additional charge but needless to say we refused and got out of there ASAP. The whole experience left me physically shaking with concern that we might have to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reetb
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed at the hexagon for 2 days, (On our way to sonaisali resort) room was tiny. staff was friendly enough, however when i requested fresh towels each day, the housekeeping staff replied "but it was just changed yesterday". Tip: ask cab drivers to turn their meters on, it should cost no more than $5 to travel into Nadi town from the hotel. My daughter swam in the pool almost everyday which was great because they had 2 pools. There is a supermarket next door and "Wishbone" a family affordable restaurant. Good luck sleeping, theres a nightclub next door...also, we had problems with the tv, thankfully the air con worked great. My partner kept reminding me we paid for budget, we got budget. Sonaisali was heaven compared to this place...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

my wife and I, with a friend stayed in their 2 bedroom units a couple of times. I found the place clean and comfortable, with the staff very helpful and friendly. the food at the restaurant was pretty average but there is a very good restaurant (Bounty ) just up the road.
if there was just the wife and I, we would take the deluxe rooms as the standard ones are pretty ordinary. If we go back to Nadi we would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank koalasoup
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I stayed here because i wanted somewhere close to Nadi and not far from the airport.
From the minute i arrived i was in the capable hands of Rangi who was happy to show me around and organise a taxi to take me wherever i needed to go.
The room at the hotel (which was poolside) was comfortable but basic and the food at the restaurant was superb. I had the Indian chicken curry that came with salad, soup, roti bread and papadum all for F$20. Bargain.
When i was checking out, the lovely lady at the front desk said i could have the room for a few extra hours if i wanted it.
Overall, a great place to stay.
I did venture into the Capricorn Hotel next door to have a cheap massage at Linns. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo