“great budget hotel...clean large rooms..great staff...aircon”

Nadi Downtown Hotel
Ranked #19 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Nadi
Beverly Hills, Australia
“great budget hotel...clean large rooms..great staff...aircon”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

booked for 2 nights at Nadi Downtown Hotel and it proved to be a very good choice, the room was very large, furnished well and bright & clean and air conditioned. For great budget accommodation right in town I would recommend this to anyone including family and friends. The staff are very friendly and went out of their way to help, nothing was too much trouble and Raju at reception made us a nice cold juice on our arrival and he checked us in fast allowing us to go to our room to rest after a trip to Fiji. We received a tremendous welcome from the managers and staff out in the car park as well. At first I was hesitant to book this hotel as being in the centre of town I thought it may be noisy and the photographs were not really the best but I am so glad I did as I was so pleasantly surprised as I went to my room. I will return to this hotel anytime that I am in Nadi. I have stayed in many places around Nadi however it was so convenient to stay in town with so many choices of shopping, restaurants, cafés, ATMs etc. Pickup and drop off to the airport is also included in the rates.

Room Tip: any superior or deluxe room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Nadi hotel has descent accomodation with a/c and fans, which are great for the heat in fiji, and you feel confident that your belongings will be safe. the staff is nice and helpful with planning your trips in fiji. they give good recommendations with a smile.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank harrysurfen
Suva
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice good the hotel is fine BUT the staff are just so rude!! They act nice but in fact they con us and try to get more money out of us!!!! They said $75 one night and the next night my dad booked the exact type of room and they charged him $85!!!! They think that we are stupid especially since I am a local but they thought I was a tourist and told me aqua safe water was fiji water... What the bloody hell do I look like? And when I showed them an image of Fiji water they pretended they hadn't seen it before!!!!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Sluggee
Chandar P, Owner at Nadi Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thanks for your thoughts about Nadi Downtown Hotel and Staffs. I would like to get more detailed information and investigate what happened with your booking and Fiji Water of your comment. You have our contact details and happy to discuss with you. Please kindly advise the staff and when did your Dad checked in. Please note we dont take this a joke when this comes to our management level and guest has been not treated well.

We ensure that our guest are well looked after and taken all care during there entire stay.

Thanks and await your reply.

Vinaka,
Owner.

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have been @ this hotel for six nights march 2014, rooms are perfect aswell as the staff is good & helpfull. Perfect to stay in the city and plan your tours directly from this hotel or other touragents. Everything is 24 hrs open at this hotel, so nothing to worry about.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Chandar P, Owner at Nadi Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thanks for your review and looking forward seeing you again in Fiji.
Amsterdam, Nederland
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We've chosen this hotel, because it was close to the airport to catch our early flight. Can't sleep because of the noice of the niteclub across the street. Rooms were clean and ok for a short night. But don't forget your earstoppers. The airport shuttle was free.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Big Mama was really helpful with planning our trip. All of the staff were very welcoming on our arrival. Airport transfers were prominent and hotel room was clean. Lovely stay. Would definitely recommend for stop over, before going to islands or for seeing the Nadi town center. I traveled with my partner, however it is ideal for families and solo travelers.
We wish Downtown all the best in the future!!

Oli & Bella

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me with few friends choose this hotel for the last day of our holiday as this was close to the market. Now we regret on our decision. The staff and the ambience overall was very disappointing. The receptionist was vey disrespectful and manner less overall zero at customer service. When asked for the blanket she provide me curtain n when I told her that looks like curtain she laughed and did nothing, that was so annoying. Promised us to give content entail breakfast and was served bread,jam n butter. Could not believe our eyes. We're written to provide shuttle service when we asked them she refused to do so..so overall experience was very bad. If u want to ruin your holiday mood choose this otherwise never ever by your mistake book NADI DOWNTOWN HOTEL.

Room Tip: I am even not willing to give 1 rating to this place. They need to work a lot on the service and the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends