“Loved the friendly staff and cheap prices”

Rendezvous Surf Camp Fiji
Ranked #4 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Nadi
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

As a backpacker resort I absolutely loved rendezvous. Nice and close to spectacular islands and stunning water at your doorstep. Fair way from nadi town but we went to the super market as they have a guest kitchen so we cooked ourselves or somedays we got the cook to cook us a meal. Joe is the best and the 2 ladies were absolutely beautiful as I got quite ill and they were my saviors.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank candii83

Reviewed 30 September 2013

If you are looking for value for money for your next surf trip this is the place.Just a short 35min trip from the airport to the resort by car.The accommodation is not 5-star but is very comfortable The staff are super friendly and the chef(Uttra-missing you already) makes world class meals.You will never get hungry.Just a short 25min boat trip out to Cloudbreak makes it a great location to stay.
I would highly recommend this resort to any surfer looking for a great place stay to check them out
Vinaka (Thank you)

Shayne NIenaber Photography

Room Tip: Definitely get an Aircon Room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Nobby92
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Bula!
I came here yesterday and just want to leave ASAP! There's not a single surfer or traveller in this place, the whole resort is booked for a Japanese English School and I had to pay 200FJD to get the boat moving. The staff is friendly but the owner is ripping you off. When I arrived they offered me cold leftover BBQ chicken...
Internet is very weak and breakfast is minimal.
I'm out of here tomorrow I hope! Sayonara!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Oemair
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I have stayed in 3 backpacker resorts in Fiji now - Beach House, Maqai Eco Resort and Rendezvous - and Rendezvous was by far the most disappointing, to the point of being insulting. The rooms are nice enough - basic, no frills - and the staff were very gracious, but the food was absolutely horrible and overpriced. Further, I went to Rendezvous to surf as it is only a 10 minute boat ride to Cloudbreak. I called ahead to see if other surfers would be there and was told yes that there will have enough surfers to go to Cloudbreak. When I arrived I was told, no, there are no surfers here and we will only take you to Cloudbreak if you pay us $200. ?!?! So outrageous! At this rate, I was only able to surf once out of my 3 days I reserved. (I asked for a refund but was denied). In the off time, I hung out in the lounge with the Japanese students studying English. Though we had fun together, the Japanese I spoke to were bummed to be there too. There is no beach, no place to visit, and no practical way of getting into town (Nadi). In fact, the place feels desolate, dilapidated and forlorn. All of us felt duped by Rendezvous. I left pissed off at not being able to surf, eating crap food, and feeling trapped. If you are going to spend the money to go to Fiji, make sure you spend a little more and guarantee good food, reasonable surf access, nice surroundings, and fun.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Stoked818
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary by coming to Rendezvous Resort. We were picked up at the airport and welcomed to an air conditioned room and very friendly staff. We surfed as beginners 3 days at beautiful Natadola Beach with lessons by Edwin, the very knowledgeable, patient, surfing teacher and dive instructor. Direct cable internet to our room and WiFi was a nice bonus. The early morning bird songs and big or small breakfast options were great. A fun Fijian Lovo barbeque and delicious meals made for a great stay. The meals were generous, served family style, often indian/asian style with local fish, chicken, salad and fresh pineapple. Management is very responsive to the individual needs of each set of guests. We took 2 snorkeling trips at the fantastic reefs off Malolo Island. The fish and coral were fantastic. Back at the Resort, we would feed the local fish, play pool and hang out with guests from around the world. Some of the skilled surfers went by boat to "Cloud Break" to watch the surfing competition this year. As beginners we felt welcomed and encouraged. This resort is laid back but clean and comfortable.

Dave & Judy

Room Tip: Air conditioning is nice, rooms are for active types, not prissy "see and be seen" types
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Located about 40 min from town, Redezvous is quiet and remote. Unless you are surfing there is not much to do at all other then lay in a hammock. Staff are friendly and helpful. Surfers must be pretty advanced to enjoy the breaks. The food was really disappointing. Simply not good, although they made a large Lovo-lovo feast (like a Luau or Haangi) one night which was interesting and had some traditional dishes we enjoyed trying. We had some things that didn't work out such as one of our room's air-con and a rented board with no skegs (which forced our two renters to take turns sharing a board) but they took these items off of our final bill.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dana C
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is really just a surfer's or diver's resort. It is a long way out and once there you're not really going anywhere. We surfed everyday, (two of us) at 100 FJ per trip. This is an average (fair) price for fiji. Our room was basic but clean and well screened.
The food was terrible. I'm not being a snob.. it was really really bad. Breakfast was ok. Toasted chicken sandwiches were full of gristle (and i mean full), dinner was fetticine which was well undercooked.., fish curry was awful.. seriously.. whatever was cooked.. it was bad. ## note they have an equipped guests kitchen available.. so we went into Nadi and bought food to cook. (they have cryovac steak and fish, tinned food etc in the supermarket in Nadi, buy it on the way from the airport ;-). So if you are willing to do that it is a nice enough budget place. Staff were really nice and we hung out with some other cool guests. (..surf was awesome!! FYI only goto cloudbreak if you are a good surfer.. I saw some scared people who should never have been out there) It's a real shame about the food. I read some other reviews before I left which mentioned BBQs etc. No sign of any of that. maybe it was the low season. Be warned if you go there you can A).surf.or B). relax..(read, lie around) I wouldn't take your girl or family. (there is no beach)

Room Tip: We got a fan room, in Jan, wasn't too hot. They like cash up front for surf trips, food etc. I j...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank S C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Bamboo Hostel
Bamboo Hostel
#1 of 28 in Nadi
Funky Fish Surf & Beach Resort
Funky Fish Surf & Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Malolo Island
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Fiji - Sonaisali Island
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hote...
#1 of 1 in Sonaisali Island
The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji
Travellers Beach Resort

Been to Rendezvous Surf Camp Fiji? Share your experiences!