“Such a great experience with Fiji Surf Co!”

Fijian Surf Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: FijiSurfco is Fiji's leader in providing Safety and experience to the follow activities: -Surf school for Beginners -Boat Surf tours -Intermediate to Advance -Thundercloud Tri-maran Snorkle/BBQ Tour (All ages) We are proud to be operating in Fiji for over 20 years! Follow us on Instagram @fijisurfco
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I want to thank Teak, Nave (I'm so sorry, as I think I'm spelling their names incorrectly!), Debbie and the gang at Fiji Surf Company for an amazing two days of surfing and enjoying the beautiful Fijian ocean! My husband had arranged for a day surfing with FSC. They showed up right on time at our resort on Malolo island. Teak, our captain, and Nave, our surf guide, were both super cool and friendly. They brought us two really nice long boards - probably the best rental boards we've ever seen in our surfing travels. Fiji is a tricky place to longboard for 50-something couple, but these guys not only went out of their way to find us the best break for the conditions, but Nave also spent the entire time with me (the less accomplished wife), getting me in the best spot to take off and helping me adjust to the slightly more aggressive wave than I was used to. We're also regular foot, and Nave had to help me brush up on my backside skills, as most of the working waves were lefts. We ended up spending a few hours at Lemotu Lefts and we had a blast. When the tide got too low, we explored a sand bar and did some snorkeling - it was beautiful! We had such an awesome time with them, that on a whim we called the office from our hotel at around 8:00 p.m. to see if we could surf again the next day. Not only did they answer, they were able to arrange for us to have the same guys. We were on two different boats both days, and they were both really nice. Day two, the surf was a bit bigger, and we went looking for a right. After getting tumbled at Wilkes for a while, they were happy to take us back to Lemotu Lefts and we had another great few hours there. We enjoyed our time with them so much that when we got back to Nadi Town, we had our driver take us to the office to buy a couple of t-shirts to take home. Unfortunately I don't remember her name, but our captain Teak's wife was working in the office, but she was so nice, too! I'm so glad we surfed with FSC and would do so again in a heartbeat!

All reviews
"boats"
"fiji"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 18 December 2017

My hubby is a longboard surfer and president of our local longboard club here in sydney. As we were visiting Fiji for our wedding anniversary he decided to spend a day surfing the fiji waves (I went to the spa). This is what he said:

Picked up promptly on time at 7am. He hired a board as he didn't bring any with him. His words "it was a bit of a tree trunk, about 7kg and hard to manouver" but he still had fun. Be ready to go out on the water when they pick you up. There are no change rooms, no toilets. Take some food if you wish as they only provide water (but he said take extra water too). The boats are simple and head out to wherever the surf is best for that day. He surfed Cloudbreak, Tavarua and Wilkes. The waves were pretty good and the photographer got some great shots which he was able to purchase quickly and easily when he got home to Sydney. He was back at the hotel by 3pm having had a lot of fun and a great experience. He said 'definately worth doing".

Reviewed 1 December 2017

If you're a surfer then you already know the name Cloudbreak and these guys get you there everyday. If you're NOT a surfer this is for you. Cloudbreak is, arguably, the BEST wave in the world, like I said above, anyone that surfs knows Cloudbreak. What not everyone knows is that it's surrounded by some of the most alive and amazing reefs for snorkeling in the world. And these guys can get you there and provide everything for you to see the life below (and it's good equipment). There is also a bar floating out in the middle of the ocean called Cloud 9, if you haven't heard of it just go trust me it's cool, they can also get you there. Don't get stuck doing all the traditional resort style activities get with these guys, who are also all local Fijians, and see the real beauty of Fiji. Vinaka Vakalevu for reading this.

I don't work for them either I just love a good solid local company that treats people the right way.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I am a beginner surfer and was wanting to go on a easy surf break with some lessons. I asked for a stable board and told them I had only done it once before 3 years ago. I was taken out to a big break and given a really thin board that was unstable because all the big ones had been booked out. No lessons until the skipper of the boat felt sorry for me after about 2 hours and jumped in to help. Good for experienced surfers not good for newbies... no refund given after I explained to travel agent.

Fiji S, Manager at Fijian Surf Company, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Bula Louis...Sorry to hear the experience wasn't a good one for you.
We have looked into the booking sheet for the day and the info we received from the agent for your booking was for a surf trip with longboard hire. Seems there was communication breakdown with the agent that made your booking.There was also no mention from the agent of a lesson nor was it included in the price you paid. The boat captain needs to be advised as well of your level so he can take you to a wave that best suits you.
If we knew you needed a lesson we would have driven you to a soft beach break down the coast not out on the boat to waves that require more experience.
If you're ever back and would like give it another go contact us directly at fijisurftravel@gmail.com or give us a call on +679 6705960 and we will make sure you're taken care of.

Vinaka