“Hotel Condition & Facilities”

JetSet Accommodation
Ranked #9 of 21 Nadi B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Hotel Condition & Facilities”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

New rooms, new furniture, very clean, good customer service, order meals onsite. Quite location. Also arrange full wedding receptions & function as they have a hall.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SydneyAliG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed here 2 nights at separated by a week (the nights after our arrival in Fiji and the night before departure). We picked the place due to it apparently having a free shuttle to and from the airport. The first night we stayed there was pretty good, with very good customer service from the owners of the resort which were very friendly and did everything to assist us, and our room was generally good apart from a leaking shower. We also got the free shuttle from the airport. However the second night we stayed before our departure was horrible. The staff didn't really seem to care at all, and the room was terrible. The TV did not work, half the lights did not work, the bed was hard, there was no hot water, the shower leaked and the toilet didn't flush properly. And we had to pay for the shuttle. I don't know what made the two nights so different, but we certainly wished we had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ben M

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We just stayed one night and that was enough for us. The room was clean but there were some things, like small bugs walking on the tea cups that we could have done with out. Our room was near reception and we could hear people talking in the hall way for most of the night. There was a window in the bathroom that did not have a curtain (but the glass was cloudy) however there was a light outside shinning into the room and made the room pretty bright throughout the night. The tv had a european plug but no adapter, we ended up using our own, but there was no remote. There were only three channels and two had programs on in languages other than English. The location was fine for us but we had rented a car, so it was easy to get to and get to a restaurant. But if you didn't have a car it is a little far from the main road.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank ahaberlin
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights between flights at Nadi airport, which is about 15 minutes drive away. It's really more of a guest house, and has modern rooms with nice bathrooms, large flat screen TV's, great aircon and free wired internet in each room, not to mention some other nice little features. There is also a free airport pick-up/return and a free continental-style breakfast served in a room under the main building.

Well that's the good part. On the slightly negative side, the location might almost be described as "the middle of nowhere", with no public transport nearby at all. Of course, there are taxis, which can become quite expensive. Actually, the hotel is located near the end of the main runway, so there is some aircraft noise, but it was reasonably quiet after 11 pm. It is also about a 10 minute walk to a beach, which has a couple of hotels where you can get something to eat and drink, and that's about it. Otherwise, no shops or anything else within walking distance. Fine if you have a car (as I did).

Also, the place is run with a skeleton staff, where one or two people do literally everything, which can lead to the slow (or non) delivery of services at times. In my case it meant I had to forego breakfast on the last day and also had to wake up the owner to let me out of the locked hotel compound, as the staff member who normally does these things had been delayed at the airport waiting to pick up some incoming guests and had taken all the keys with him.

So, it's a little bit quirky, but would I stay here again? The answer is yes, but only if I had a one night layover or had a rental car.

Room Tip: Second floor at the front would be best, with nice sea views, as well as having a little less aircra...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Cliffie_D
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2011

First i must say i agree with uptonuponsevern 100%. Well we booked and stayed for 6 nights and for the most we were the ONLY guests we also had room 103, 2 tv channels and they are a waste of time still maybe some do not go on holiday to watch TV,the location is NOT the best want to go to town $10 taxi or jetset will take you in fact they will take you anyware for a price a plus for the location i guess,rooms clean,furniture new,hot water sometimes,friendly and helpfull most of the time,the breakfast is not as advertised my itinerary said Full English afraid not never seen pawpaw or banana on a Full English no breakfast room you eat in the very hot basement down a dodgy spiral staircase,The hotel is not finished the pictures are a bit misleading OK for a 1 night stopover and its cheap.

Room Tip: If you have alot of luggage ground floor as there is no lift,103 is a good number
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Clean, well located (15 min by Taxi from Airport; 3 min to the Beach and Restaurants) and well worth the money. Would stay again there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmanuMel
Rockdale, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights on different dates during my travelling around many pacific islands, the return transfers to & from Nadi International Airport were good & only once did I have to call the manager asking where he was! & he apologised for being late. The room was OK being in 104 & 103 most of the time, my only negative comments on this accommodation was very little on offer within the JetSet, for instance the b/fast was at the back of the accommodation on the lower ground, b/fast being very basic & rushed & the sercurity staff cooking b/fast after a very long nightshift, [ I felt that b/fast should have been cooked by the manager & his wife & this would have given them a chance to interact with the guests and suggest local attractions for travellers or business people]...I only ever spoke to 2 other guests during my 6 nights, appeared this accommodation attracts very few guests with very little on offer, the staff lack communication skills & not once did any staff suggest or advice on any local tours or places of interest! During the night I couldn't sleep very well due to a very hard pillow & mattress, every sound throughout the hallway vibrated into the room, every voice or slammed door would wake me up! Coffee & Tea facilities in my room without any spoon! The TV was a waste of time with only one boring channel & a bad picture. No bathroom plugs either for the bathtub or the bathroom sink, the elderly couple who ran the business appeared to keep to themselves without any hotel experience or wishing to interact with their guests, you basically had to entertain yourself especially during the evening, on a few occasions I would take a 10 min's walk down to Smugglers Cove Resort for a drink & evening meal, the JetSet is off the main road into Nadi town & you either had to catch a taxi or a local bus that ran approx every hour. I never once seen anyone use the pool. on my 5th visit I had turned up around 04:45am at the front gate without a booking after a long drive from Suva & I couldn't get anyone's attention in the pouring rain, I then had to walk to Smugglers with my suitcase & personal belongings to ask them to call the JetSet staff to open the gate [ so much for security with paid security staff sleeping]....I wasn't very impressed & then the manager had the cheek to charge me for a early check-in......more like an early break-in! Overall I wouldn't stay at the JetSet again due to the lack of atmosphere & nothing suggested to the guests regarding tours etc, also I felt that when b/fast was over the staff couldn't really care about you & they were only interested in you if you were willing to pay! this also happened during one of my planed transfers to the airport, the manager wanted to charge me FJD$10- & I could see he didn't want to take me & I got the massage & arranged my own taxi which cost approx FJD $10-...... looks very impressive through the website & if only it had more to offer like some PR skills & local suggestions for tourists or the occassional entertainment, I'm glad I had booked my stay through Expedia & paid a discounted rate for the room, otherwise I don't feel I'd be happy paying a higher rate to stay here! The JetSet Accommodation is very close to the airport runway & only a few planes to hear without any annoyance!

Room Tip: Pay 4 one night before deciding 2 stay longer!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephen N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Tropic of Capricorn
#13 of 25 in Nadi
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to JetSet Accommodation? Share your experiences!