Straight up I want to say that though my rating is poor, I still think this place was value for money because it was very cheap. I got what I paid for, cheap and well, a but average.
The good bit was the staff who were friendly, cheerful and kind. The bad bit was the dorm room. It was reasonably clean, but on the first night there was a huge cockroach which I had to kill. The uper class rooms were nice, as I had to relocate into one when I could not get to sleep because there were masses of school children in the dorm next to me who were making a racket. Rather than yell at the kids I asked for a quieter room. That was rather nice, but not really worth what they were asking for it in my opinion. Then again, I am self admittedly a cheap skate on a budget.
The meals were good, I ordered fish and chips which was not on the menu, but still very nice. Breackfast was good, waffles, toast, fruit salad, French toast and some local dish which includes fried pinapple, cheese and fried tomato. I have no complaints at all about the food.
As I said, the staff were polite and friendly. However I found it a bit frustrating that on ech of the three nights I stayed, I was not handed either a blanket or a towel and had to go back and ask for them as they were not in the room either. On the last day I shared with two students who were told their towels would be brought to the room, but they never were. That is a minor issue though.
The actual room, well it was very dodgy. The walls were thin with no insulation between so you heard all your co-tennants talking up late, or school children jumping off beds. I knew it was right next to the airport, but there were only 5-6 jets a day, and just 2 at night, so that was actually quieter than living several Ks away from the airport back in Australia. The showers though, very dirty, huge cracks between the wall and stall, luke warm water even during the say (water is solar) and the bathroom itself was small. The linnen was a little grey. I agree with other reviewers that the bed was thin. So I just borrowed an extra matress and doubled up. I slept much better after doing that.
The souvineer shop had some bargins in it though, check out the prices there before going into Nadi to shop.
So, staff, food, location and value for money were good for a dform room. The cleanliness was bad in the dorm room, but it was on par with what i had paid for. I think if the dorm rooms were cleaned up, and linnen delivered / handed out more proactivly I would have rated this higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort is a perfect stopover. Located only 3 kilometers from Nadi International Airport and Nadi Town. This budget resort is good value for money. The resort offers dormitory, deluxe, family and Standard Room. All rooms are comfortable and suited for families alike. With only 36 rooms, it is very intimate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji Hotel Nadi
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji Nadi