Fiji airways offered us an inducement of an overnight accommodation at the Mecure or Novatel including meals and transfers if we solved their overbooking problem by switching to an earlier Virgin flight. We accepted and on arriving at Nadi were informed that the bookings to either of the agreed hotels had not been made and they were now both booked out. After several frustrating hours at the aiport we were finally delivered to Wailoaloa Beach resort. Tired and disillusioned we were disappointed to be offloaded at a 2 star resort on the edge of the runway and nowhere near the beach. Reception was efficent but hardly welcoming. The delux room contained a minimum of basic well used dated furniture including a rust spotted fridge.
Sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. It's sad but the only relief of the day was when we turned the fan on and some poor unfortunate gecko who had chosen to sleep on the fan blade was flung off narrowly missing my wife. Landing on the single bed he/she quickly disappeared apparently unhurt from its unintended flight through space.
The menu at dinner had seen better days ,the plastic crumpled cover perhaps sent a warning
about the food so we chose carefully and were pleasantly suprised by the quality, price and quantity. The free breakfast was limited in range but offered at a high standard.
As we arrived in the dark we were pleasantly surprised the next morning at the pool and gardens and the overall appearance of the grounds and communal facilities. Free internet was a bonus .
If you want to save money and only needing a bed and feed for the night it is quite adequate,
but not the 3 star plus as we were promised.
We only drank bottled water, cleaned our teeth with the same and had no problems with upset stomachs during our month in fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort is a perfect stopover. Located only 3 kilometers from Nadi International Airport and Nadi Town. This budget resort is good value for money. The resort offers dormitory, deluxe, family and Standard Room. All rooms are comfortable and suited for families alike. With only 36 rooms, it is very intimate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji Hotel Nadi
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji Nadi