“clean n friendly”

Wailoaloa Beach Resort Fiji
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
“clean n friendly”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Family with 3 n 10 yr old clean room and we also used the hostel room when we went back as they organised our trip to nananuria island, also good, pool clezn free breakfast too bit small but hey it was free! Restaurant food good tjough would stsy again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked in via the self service phone desk at the airport. They sent someone to pick me up immediately. Stayed in a dorm room (4 beds) at the rear of the complex. Bit jaded but at $22 for bed and breakfast in a room with good shower and toilet, it was a bargain. It has a reasonable breakfast with some variation of menu, and with friendly staff it was a good way to start the day. They try to provide one room for each person/couple if possible. I had my own room with ensuite for my 7 nights stay. Free wifi at front and pool area was good as some backpacker places charge $8 to $10 and hour! It is a 20 min walk to the main road and bus route and restaurants and bars but plenty of cabs and occasional bus do go by the door. The rest of the backpacker places are a 10min walk away. Recommend it if you are on a tight budget. Say g'day to Erondy the barman.

Room Tip: Ask to have a look at the dorm rooms available. Some have only bunks, others a double bed, one even...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hope Island, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for one night while transiting through town. It was a bit hard to find (not many streetlights in Nadi - I arrived after dark) but staff were friendly, room was clean and adequate, wifi available in the reception area, and food ok. Certainly no complaints for the price!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Funafuti, Tuvalu
Reviewed 16 June 2014

i stayed here with my partner at the end of may.. we had a lovely time here. the staff were really helpful and always good to see everyone greeting us wit a smile. it was our first time in wailoaloa and we really enjoyed everyones company. the food was amazing. my girlfrend love the grill fish with greens and mash potatoes.. the breakfast was awesome.we were suppose to stay for 2 nights but my girlfrend wanted to stay for 2 weeks. we met some really fun and interesting people here and felt like we were bac at home.
I would reccomend this place to my friends.. and we hope to come bac here and visit...... really love this place...

Room Tip: poolside rooms or the villa.. upstairs..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Novo Hamburgo, RS
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good value. Bedroom were clean and spacious. They offered to clean the room everyday.
Most of the staff were friendly.. specially Karishna, who helped us to have wonderful vegan meals. Free pool, small free gym. Snooker for 1 FJD.

I tried to contact them by email (3 times) before my arrival and they just answered me after I arrived there which were pointless because I was trying to know about the airport shuttle. There were no internet in the bedrooms, only in the public areas (and a bit slow). We found 2 cockroaches in our bathroom but they were almost dead what make me think the resort are already controlling this. The location is not very good, nothing to do around. Unless you want to stay the whole day inside the resort or pay for a taxi every time (not very expensive though).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I titled this "Home" because this is how we felt, at home. I stayed there 5 nights with my friend. We enjoyed it very much. We loved that there was a free breakfast every morning, free wifi in the confy lounge, pool, bar, info, friendly staff and nice dinners. Anything we needed, we got it. Having a bit of travel experience and being my 3rd time in Fiji, I made sure I called and confirmer from home every place we were going to including the hotel, flights, activities, etc. because you never really know if agencies have really confirmed anything! So it was all 100% confirmed before arrival. Wailoaloa staff (apart from the very last lady we got the last day on the 10th of February 2014 at 7:30am who seemed she didnt have a good night the night before), were amazing..all so friendly and smiling all the time..made us really feel at home. THANK YOU TO YOU ALL AND SEE YOU very SOON. Reccommends this place for friends wanting to have fun. Were given good tips on where to go including a Fire show performance at Smugglers Cove just around the corner that had great views and dinner too. Trips to the islands and Denarau is a must, I booked it all in advance but it can also be booked at Wailoaloa and all shuttles are avalaible. Oh and free airport pick up and drop off is available, although when we arrived in Fiji on the 5th of February 2014, we had to ring from the airport for them to vome get us even though I had rang them from NZ the night before, but thats all. Thanks for everything again! Alejandra xoxox

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 577alejandraa
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed for 5 days in December.
Positives: Friendly staff except non Fijian staff member at the Reception, nice breakfast and newer room Negatives for the 5 days we stayed: Unfriendly/uninformative reception staff, No help assisting with luggage, No phone in room, No information sheet about hotel facilities, Room not serviced so I asked and the reception said it is serviced every 2nd day. This did not happen so when I complained I was told that they do not service the rooms by Fijian Receptionist. Cockroach was in our room so I asked the receptionist to send someone to spray. That did not happen. I got rid of the cockroach. There were more cockroaches subsequently. Do not go to this hotel around Christmas due to high number of locals who make it uncomfortable for ladies at the swimming pool, drink there when they are not supposed to, peeing outside, our clothes on the line were stolen. Gym- closed because the gear were not in working condition. Do not expect any coffee, tea milk in your room. We had to ask. Basically these guys are really in providing service and we could not trust the information provided. It was pathetic we had to service our own room given we stayed for 5 nights. The name "resort" is misleading because the beach is 10 min walk and is dirty. Go to the beach at the nearby hotel. It is not worth the price you pay and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get AC rooms and the newer units.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mukesh R

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels