“Find another place, even though hotel is inexpensive”

Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
San Diego
“Find another place, even though hotel is inexpensive”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Would not stay there again even though it was very inexpensive. Why?
air conditioning barely worked
room was dirty, especially the very old bathroom
lots of bugs
did not feel comfortable with the area of the hotel
shuttle to airport was very late causing some stress
tv was way too small to watch and so high - could get a sore neck
internet is way too expensive

I would never stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sinasohn
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review . We are continually striving to improve our services and there for all feedback is taken seriously either good or bad. I do apologize for the defects in our service relating to your stay where we were not able to meet your expectations. But rest assured that issues related to your stay will be discussed with the staff concerned and please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way and definitely we will look after you.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
Suva, Central, Fiji
Reviewed 2 June 2012

If you are in Nadi and want a quite and cpzy place to stay....try the Skylodge, great place, great staff and good service. The staff are excellent led by Manager Raju. The staff treat you like a superstar and are very attentive. The walks to the rooms are a bit long but a good way tp let your meal settle. Great Chefs and you should try the Pork Shops - Awesome

Room Tip: Cottages can be a walk They have self contained rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good and bad are taken seriously. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way, we will still provide you the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of any one else coming ourway,please feel free to introduce them to us.

Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at the Nadi Skylodge for times (3x one night, 1x two nights) during an islandhopping-tour through the Pacific as a base before and after my flights to Tonga, Samoa, Kiribati and Tuvalu. It has fit perfectly to my needs: a place to sleep close to the airport and not expensive.
I stayed in rooms 19 (two times), 17 and 31. Room 19 had the first time a bad smell in it, but at the second time not. It was small but all right. Room 17 was larger, but is facing the bar area in a distance of about 20 meters. During the night I stayed in room 17 it was quite (during the week and not many guests), but I assume room 17 can get a bit noisy, if there is a lot of action at the bar. Room 31 is in a cottage in distance to the restaurant and bar area. It was very large and next to the laundry facilities, which I used (45 min washing, 45 min drying, each 3 FJD plus 2 FJD washing powder).
Staff was always helpful and friendly. I also used the luggage storage while I was on Tuvalu. I never saw the Skylodge-shuttle, when I arrived at the airport (but it is only 10 FJD to get to the Skylodge by taxi), but the shuttles from the hotel to the airport worked very well (which was important, because I had some early morning flights and asked for the shuttle to depart at 02:30a.m. or 05:00a.m.).
On the website and in the brochure about the hotelit is mentioned, that every room is equipped with an hairdryer. This is not right: in none of the rooms I have stayed in was an hairdryer.
Close to the hotel are several supermarkets and a vegetable market (about 5 minutes walk to the left when leaving the hotel) and a bus stop to Nadi and Lautoka is exactly in front of the hotel's side entrance.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is encouraging to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and indeed Skylodge is very centrally located convenient to all other amenities. All feed back either good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I do apologize for the defects in our service which you have mentioned.For the hairdryer we do have this in the rooms and unfortunately you did not have one in your room. Also we do have hairdryers at the reception desk for the guest to use.
All the above comments will be shared with our staff concerned. Please do visit us again whenever you are passing our way. We will still provide you the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of any one else coming ourway, please feel free to introduce them to us.

Thanks once again

Manchester
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed in an 10-bed mixed dorm - its beds were nicely laid out so there was more privacy. However the lighting in the dorm was very dim. The dorm had an ensuite bathroom with a hot shower and there are also bathrooms/showers/toilets outside of the dorms so if you have checked out but are getting a late flight you can shower later in the day. The pool is nice and the restaraunt is reasonable. The laundry facilities are great and costs 3FJD per go of each machine. There is a free airport transfer. There is air con in the dorms.
Negatives: there is no breakfast included in the room price but many other hostels/hotels in Nadi do offer this. There was music playing loudly which didn't stop until 11pm. The staff were being very noisy at 5.30am in the outside grounds of the hostel and we could hear them very loudly in our room. Another guest in our room woke up with bites on him and blood on his sheets - not sure it was bed bugs but something was biting him in the night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. All feedback either good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I apologize for the defects in our services. At the moment Tanoa Skylodge is undergoing major renovation from the rooms to other facilities. At Tanoa Skylodge Hotel we do look after different clientele of people and their demands. We do have bed and breakfast price for dorm accommodation which I will definitely look into why this was not avaiable. The band performs at the weekends only and this goes on till 11.00pm. Being an airport hotel, the transfers do starts early in the mornings which may have disturbed you. We do have a very strict pest control measures in our property which are being rigorously monitored. All the above comments will be shared with our team and please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way and definitely we will look after you.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Nomads Skylodge is right next to the airport a taxi costs about $10FD (£3) from the airport. It is a very nice hotel/hostel especially for the price. There is a bus stop located out the front and can take u into Nadi for FD$1 (30p) or even to Suva (other side of island). Has a very nice pool and the rooms are nice and all have air con, fridges and tea & coffee facilities. Some staff are friendly but some can be quite rude.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. All feedback , positive or negative is very important to us so that we can continually improve on our services and facilities. I do apologize for the staff issue which you have mentioned and Iam really concerned as we conduct comprehensive training sessions for our staff. Your comments will be shared with our staff . Please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way and definitely we will look after you.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Air Pacific screwed up my flights, so I had a 15 hour layover, getting me in at about 5am, flying out late at night. They gave me two hotel names of places I'd be put up in, both had decent ratings. When I got to the airport, they gave me a voucher for this hotel, which wasn't one of the two they gave me before. I decided I was so tired, I just wanted to get a few hours of sleep, so I took it. The shuttle from the airport was very confusing, it wasn't labeled SkyLodge, the name I was given, it was labeled Tanoa, so make sure you look for that name, or you will be waiting like I was.

Drive is about 15 mins away, driver was nice enough. When I got to the hotel, the guy at the desk was very busy, he checked us all in (there was 3 groups other then me) at the same time. He then got into a shuttle and drove the two of us that were in a room far from the entrance to our rooms. I was given a very basic room with two single beds, and a bathroom. I picked the bed that looked the cleanest, and luckily had no bed bug issues. I turned the air conditioning on to it's lowest, and fell asleep really fast. I slept almost 10 hours, but think I wouldn't have if I wasn't so tired.

I was given a voucher for a free meal, so once I showered, I called the front desk to come and get my luggage. The lady said that I had to walk it over, which was about a 10 min walk, with two large suitcases, and two backpacks (I'm moving from Canada to Australia), so it was very difficult on the grass/unpaved walkways. I traded in my voucher for a burger and pop. The meal was great. We caught the shuttle back to the airport for the flight, shuttle runs once an hour at night, so keep that in mind.

I don't think I would stay again here, the only reason I did was the airport paying for it. Would be a good budget hotel though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Yes, sometimes you need to recheck the details. We were on transit back home and it was the time when flooding was on the increase in January. We expecte to be booked in at the Tanoa International, only to find out it was the Tanoa Skylodge. This could have been an oversight with better results, however when we got there, we were put in Standard rooms when we had booked and paid for Premium rooms which are significantly better, larger and from the Tanoa Web site, clearly shows the difference. Our rooms were like a dorm (This place caters for backpackers rooms) which in itself is not a problem if that is what you are expecting.

We made an official complaint to out travel agents (twice) and in both cases, Tanoa Skylodge stated that these Standard rooms had been upgraded and were now Premium rooms. Not good enough and clearly Tanoa did not want to admit they effectively downgraded us. Our travel agent gave a refund for some of the money. I don't know if they recovered from Tanoa Skylodge.

Rooms were small, outside door did not open properly, outside chairs were broken are a few of the items we came across. The other room had sheets that were stained and the kids said there were feas.

Because the rooms are dorm like, we were treated with party noise until 2.30am when I rang reception to tell then to sort it out. In the end we were only in our rooms for the minimum time, opting to get up early and wait for the transport to the airport.

So in summary, 5 of us stayed there. We never want to go back. In addition, this is still some distance from the airport. There are better places to go to and much closer to the terminals.

Room Tip: Premium Rooms, but only if you manage to get one. Don't know what they are like as we got a Stan...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Bula,
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. It is dissapointing to see that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. We are continually striving very hard to improve our services and there for all customer feedback is taken seriously - good or bad. At the moment Tanoa Skylodge is undergoing major renovation where we are upgrading our facilities and rooms.Comparing us with Tanoa International Hotel is a tad unfair as we are a three star hotel and make no apologies for catering to the budget traveller. In your case you were accommodated in our renovated cottage superior rooms due to a very high occupancy during the floods. This was relayed to your agent and we adviced the agent to make the necessary arrangements to refund you if you were not happy with what you had paid for. During this time of flooding we were one of the few accommodation providers which could operate normally and were inundated with requests from civil defence to accommodate those deemed to be engaged in critical roles. We felt duty bound to give such requests priority. Whilst we take on board your comments, we do feel that you are being somewhat unfair given the situation and the fact that we claim to be nothing other than a 3 star hotel with some dormitory accommodation. I hope that we can put right your experiance so please do visit us again in future when you are travelling our way to see what changes we have made.

Best Regards,