“very pleasant environment, just great.”

Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We held a one day workshop at the Hotel. the rate provided by the hotel was reasonable and affordable.I was very impressed with their service, especially the Conference room setup. Everthing was was just superb. And the rooms are also very ideally located. I would say private but secure. Though we had all our meals there except dinner, the food was very good. All our participants also enjoyed their stay. I really appreciate the service provided by the staff especially there was this young boy serving in the restaurant, he was so pleasant. I would say the hotel has the rite pick of staff. in overall I feel their service is excellent. I have done business with Tanoa for so long and believe me they have never let me down. Keep up your good work!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Bula Sneh K,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that everything went very well with your workshop and everyone enjoyed their stay with us. All customer feed back is very important to us and all, good and bad are taken seriously so that we could improve on our services and facilities of the hotel. Yes at Tanoa Skylodge we do look after lot of small workshops where bigger ones are being taken care of by our larger properties. We do provide effective and effecient service and in turn we have seen this has become our return business. All your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again we will provide you with the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of anyone looking for a workshop venue with very attractive conference and room rates please feel free to introduce them to us.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The staff were friendly, cheap food and beer with good sized portions. We were collected from the airport which was really great. if travelling to the islands in Fiji, you need to have a night on either side in Nadi. This is the ideal place to do it!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank aoife_ob
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Bula,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good and bad are taken seriously so that we could improve on our services and facilities. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again when you are passing by our way, we will still provide you with the same Fijian Hospitality , and if you know of anyone coming our way please feel free to introduce them to us.

Raj Singh.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had a fantastic time whlst staying at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel,
The atmosphere was enlightng, enjoyable and have found memories, especally the resturant food, bar servces, pool and the room emenities.

Definately will have another stay when holidaying in Fiji.

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Bula Robert,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feed back is very important to us, good or bad are taken seriously so that we could improve on our service and facilities. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned.Please do visit us again when you are passing by our way ,we will still provide you with the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of anyone coming our way, please feel free to introduce them to us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I've just returned from a month trip to Fiji and I stayed at the Skylodge. I had a very pleasant stay there. As it was such a good price for the month I booked it for the entire time and travelled to other places for 1 or 2 nights over the whole trip. I knew the stuff I didn't take with me would be perfectly safe in the room on the nights I didn't stay and for the more valuable stuff there are safes in the reception. The rooms are far away from the main road and there is a main security gate to enter and the side gates are all locked at night time.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and are helpful when you need some assistance. I wish I knew more names so I could name them all but the only name I can remember is Mala, she was very friendly, knew me by name and we had lots of friendly chats. The rest of the front desk staff were friendly too and always smiled and had a chat with me when I went up for something. The bar/restaurant staff were also really friendly and by the end knew what drinks I wanted just by going in and saying hello.

There are clothes washing facilities where you buy a token from reception to use them. Very helpful when you stay as long as I did. Unfortunately they don't have any washing powder to buy on site which could be something useful to have because I certainly didn't do enough washing to use up a whole pack of wash powder, which you can buy from the little shop on the main road about a 10min walk from reception.

The food was ok but not something to rave about. The breakfast was my favourite meal I had there but on days where you can't be bothered to go anywhere else you wouldn't go hungry. A short walk up the road is a coffee shop called Bulaccinos which has an upstairs garden seating area which becomes a wine bar in the afternoons. They had excellent food and on most nights was open to 11pm so you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner there. Plus it offers 45mins of free wifi and after that you can buy more. The wifi at the hotel was a little expensive (but then most of the places ive stayed in fiji are the same) and could do with offering something similar.

The room itself was basic but nice. The air conditioning worked which is a huge plus! The bed was comfy and clean. The shower could do with an upgrade but it worked well and was really hot! I've stayed in places with very little water coming out and you're lucky if it's lukewarm. The staff clean the room everyday unless you ask them not to. There is a tv with some basic channels including a movie channel which came in handy on the days where you just wanted a really long lie in in a cool room.

Overall if you just want somewhere cheap, convenient and pleasant to stay and you aren't too fussed about a lot of luxury this is the place. I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Bula Natalie L,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your one months stay with us. Yes indeed Tanoa Skylodge is a budget accommodation provider, convenient , centrally located to all amenities . Due to its location and pricing which suits all customers , we have seen this customers are in-turn becoming our return business. All customer feedback is very important to us and all, good and bad are taken seriously so that we could improve on our service and facilities . Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned. Please do visit us again when you are passing by our way, we will still provide you with the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of anyone coming ouw way, please feel free to introduce then to us.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I loved staying at Sky Lodge!

All the staff are such lovely and helpful people. The rooms are very comfortable, very clean and great for travellers and families on holiday.

The food is very good value for money and the portion sizes are very good! The pool is very clean and a good size, and the beautician is at hand by the side of the pool.

Very good!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Bula ,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feed back is very important to us all, good or bad are taken seriously so that we could improve on our services and facilities. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned.Please do visit us again when you are passing by our way, we will still provide you with the same Fijian Hospitality and if you know of anyone coming our way, please feel free to introduce them to us.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed for one night in January 2013. I had the misfortune of staying on a Friday night. A band plays on Friday and Saturday nights till 11pm mainly for a local clientele. The rooms are all close to the open area where the band plays Fijian rock and you are guaranteed of no sleep until after they stop. On the night I was there, they stopped playing at 11pm and re- started at 11.20pm. I called reception and asked them about this and then the music stopped. The rooms are also close to reception who let in friends and relatives of the workers with children running up and down the corridor late at night. The security guards talk really loudly late into the night too. If you need to catch an early flight and want some sleep, do NOT stay there on Friday or Saturday. The rooms are very basic and the showers are in need of an update. Cheap but nasty. There is a taxi stand there but never any taxis. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the main road with zooming traffic.

Room Tip: Do not stay on a Friday or saturday night if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Bula,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. All feedback good or bad is very important to us so that we can improve on our services and facilities. I do apologize for the defects in our services.We do have band nights on the weekends ,not just for the local clients but for our house guest who stay with us either locals or overseas guest alike, and this has being the demand and reguest from our guests . The band does play till 11.00pm and not just play Fijian Rock as mentioned they do have variety of mixed songs and they also sing on guest requests. I do have a concerned why they continued playing late .We do have cottage rooms away from the main lobby and this could have being offered to you .Being a transists hotel,we do provide 24 hours service and the early departure just starts after midnight and the security and other staff available do help in guest checking out at this time. Being a three star budget accommodation provider yes agreed our rooms are very basic and most rooms are being upgraded at the moment to meet this demand. We have 24 hours taxi service where other taxis are called for extra service required just across the road.
All the above comments will be shared with the staff concerned and please do visit us again in future when you are travelling ourway and to see what changes we have made and definitely would be happy to look after you .

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I first visited Skylodge in 2010, i loved it so much that when I went back to Fiji in 2012 for 5 months and spent 2 months of my time at skylodge. I got to know all the staff there, the managers, the reception staff, bar staff, cleaners, security and the maintenance workers. They are the most friendly and welcoming staff I have met at any hotel, they will go out of there way and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay and made me feel like I was family.

Tanoa Skylodge is in a very convenient area, it is only a short drive from the airport, it is a 3 minute walk from a small town called Namaka and you are able to get a bus outside the Hotel for 70 cents to Nadi town.

I stayed in a number of different rooms during my stay there, all the rooms I stayed in were very clean, the bed sheets were always fresh and the cleaners would be in everyday. They have a number of different sized dorms with en suite bathrooms. They have also just recently changed some of the rooms into family rooms, I was lucky enough to stay in one on my last night, they have a small sitting area with a television, 2 bedrooms with double beds and 1 bathroom.

They have a large bar/restaurant area, the food is great and very tasty, the bar has a great atmosphere, the bar staff are good fun and you have to try Eroni's cocktail.

There is a good size pool which is always clean and has lots of sun beds around it so there is always somewhere to sit. They also have a massage area, I had a few while I was there and they are amazing and not too exspensive.

On a Friday and Saturday night they have a live band which is good fun.

I would highly recommend Tanoa skylodge as I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did, It is a great value for money and the staff will make you not want to leave. I will be returning this year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Skymanager, Manager at Tanoa Skylodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Bula Beckie,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. It is so rewarding to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. All customer feedback is very important to us all , good or bad are taken seriously so that we could improve on our service and facilities . Its great to see that you have again planned your holiday for this year at Skylodge . Your positive comments will be shared with the staff concerned . We will still provide you with the same Fijian hospitality and if you you know of anyone coming our way, please feel free to introduce them to us.