“great place”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Koror, Palau
“great place”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and provides free shuttle service. The rooms are clean and the buildings blend into the environment. The breakfast is full of options and I always go for eggs cooked to order. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The only downside is the distance to stores and shops. Namaka is a short ride away, but if you want to go into Nadi Town, it'll cost you 26FJD roundtrip if you use the taxis that are associated with the hotel. The good thing is, these drivers are also very amenable and you can make several stops along the way. The hotel has token operate laundry machines so you can do your own laundry if you feel up to it.

Room Tip: rooms in the 300 block tend to get a little more noise than the other blocks because it is closer to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mkn006
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Bula mkn006

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you found the staff to be so friendly.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Fiji in the future.

Tanoa International Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My mum and I stayed here at the beginning and end of our recent trip to Fiji. The hotel is really convenient for the airport, the free shuttle bus runs whenever you need it and takes just five minutes.
The rooms are a good size, clean, and tastefully decorated. The swimming pool looks very nice although we didn't get a chance to use it. There was plenty of choice for breakfast, we decided to get a taxi into Nadi and went to Mama's pizza rather than eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms are a bit brighter and closer to the pool, there seems to be little differe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bula ndm2010

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is very pleasing to read that you and your Mother enjoyed your stay at the hotel at the end of your holiday to Fiji.

I have already passed on your positive comments to the Housekeeping Team.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Fiji in the Future.

Tea Gardens, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I again stayed at this hotel en-route and returning to Mana Island. Check-in was quick and professional and the room exceptionally clean. Breakfast is the best in Nadi and on the Saturday night we had to roast buffet which was magnificent and the price of $FJD28 p.p is a steal. A great place to stay- well done Tanoa staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Bula manaregular

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Vinaka Vakalevu for choosing to stay at the Tanoa International hotel again when on your way to Mana Island.

It is fantastic to read that the team looked after you so well again.

Have a great holiday - hope to see you back at the hotel when you are next in Nadi.

Sydney
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was here for a conference (TIP: Make sure you have a wrap or jacket - the aircon in the conference room is COLD!)

Room was a long long long walk from reception, but that's fine - it was very quiet. Everything functioned, it was spacious and I was comfortable.

Food was pretty good: large choice for breakfast. Loved the evening food in the bar area.
The coffee shop in the foyer is good value and has proper espresso coffees.

I am really over non-inclusive wifi in hotels, and this is the case here: very expensive and a bit flaky. But not unusual in Fiji other than at the posh resorts in Denarau, where you pay much more for rooms. Swings and roundabouts...

Reception staff and service generally operates on "island time", which can be a bit of a challenge for go, go, go city types not used to relaxing into what would be called inefficiency back home. Checkout seemed to take a zillion key-strokes and inordinate amount of time. I wonder how up-to-date the computer system is (see below)

OK now he's the biggest problem: when my credit card bill arrived, I had been charged 3 times for the same stay. I emailed the hotel and had a pretty quick response. I also notified my credit company and between the two ends it got sorted out and refunded. But it was a hassle to have to go through, especially as I was travelling away from home at the time. Anyway, it seemed to be related to the dud computer system, as that was how it was explained. I must say however that the management were polite, couteous and acted very quickly to rectify the problem, so kudos for that.

Would I stay here again? Yes. Especially if neeeding somewhere close to the airport for an overnighter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arncliffegirl
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Bula Arncliffegirl

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review.

My apologies for the problems you experienced on check out. While I am glad that the team at the hotel rectified this quickly for you - you are correct it should never happened in the first place.

I am glad however that you did enjoy your stay. Internet pricing is something we are always looking at. I, like you, hope it is something we can address in the reasonably near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were allocated a night here after our flight was cancelled. It was a most enjoyable evening after a terrible experience at a dreadful hotel the previous evening. Although staff were a bit confused at first when we checked in as airport staff hadn't notified the hotel that we were staying and Virgin Australia were picking up the bill. Once this was sorted we given a lovely room 426. We had a drink at the bar and the place was lively and great ambiance. The food was great... Yummy curries, salads and desserts and Japanese food obviously for their Japanese guests. Quite a few pilots came and went which was a good sign. There is also a pizza bar and pool area looked great. We found staff friendly and helpful. Would be happy to stay here as stopover hotel easily.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bula Deborah G

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your "unscheduled" stay at the hotel, and that you would use the hotel again in the future.

I do hope the team and I can welcome you back to Fiji in the Future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I arrived at this Hotel for an overnight stay in Nadi before continuing on to the Islands for our honeymoon and found that the room we booked and paid for back in February has been double booked. Informed by the porter who had our bags that we had to return to reception and receive a key to another room. Back we went and we waited and waited and waited. No further communication from staff about our room. Eventually after half an hour I enquired at the reception counter about the length of wait and was told that that the maids were cleaning our new room and to return to my seat and wait. Wait we did for another half an hour.

After one hour, finally the duty manager came out and informed us that our room was double booked due to a computer error and not to worry, that another room would be available in about 10 minutes. Another 30 minutes passed by which time my wife and I were becoming convinced that were no more than an unwanted inconvenience for the staff at this hotel. Finally 90 minutes after being told to wait for the 1st time the duty manager came back out and apologized for the delay but they had overbooked the hotel due to a computer error and there were no rooms available. However she did tell us that she had booked us in at the nearby Tokatoka Resort and that dinner and breakfast would be paid for by them.

Credit where credit is due, the duty manager did escort us to the Tokatoka Resort and made sure we were settled in before heading back to Tanoa. For this my wife and I are grateful but we did feel quite neglected and left out of the loop by the lack of communication we received regarding our booking at Tanoa and will probably stay elsewhere should we return to Fiji.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travel_Russ_20
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Bula Travel_Russ_20

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Please let me apologise again for your experience. It is true that our computer system had a malfunction which caused the hotel to be overbooked without our knowledge. No matter how this happened it is still unacceptable.

The reason for the delay was we were desperately trying to find a room for you as you were on your honeymoon. Obviously while our intentions were good, it could have been handled better. Again I apologise for this.

When you next return to Fiji please do contact me via email, gm.tih@tanoahotels.com and I will see if I can make amends for your experience.

Tanoa International Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great food, great staff, nice pool area. My room was ok, better than some... Until you get to the bathroom that is. Black mould everywhere... A real health hazard. Also watch for the cockroaches, they tend to run across the floor night.

Room Tip: Slash out on the '500' rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bula jetlad22

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Your Tripadvisor username makes it quite hard to locate you in our computer system, so it is hard for me to comment directly about your comments re the bathroom.

If possible could you contact me via email gm.tih@tanoahotels.com so I could get more information from you?

Tanoa International Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Novotel Nadi
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Tanoa International Hotel? Share your experiences!