“good hotel for wheelchair travelers”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I found the Nadi Tanoa very wheelchair friendly. Lobby, restaurant, pool and grounds were nicely ramped and accessible. The wheelchair room had adequate space around the two Double beds and the bathroom was very accessible with a huge roll-in shower, hand sprayer and solid safety bars.The staff was incredibly helpful and curtious without being patronizing when offering assistance. I drank the water from the tap without any problems. I found the food prices reasonable...Cheese Burger and fries about $8 USD (and darn good)
But Travelers be ware...Keep track of your room charges.They tried to charge me for some food I never had and the staff got real dumb when I challenged the charges. I won. No tips expected, however, I did and left a tip in the staff appreciation box as well. Yes. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check for Roosters outside room and ask for another room which happened to a fellow traveler.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Bula finkick

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is pleasing to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. Your comments regarding your F&B charges are of concern however - if you could please contact me via gm.tih@tanoahotels.com so I can get some more information from you.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Fiji in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

On arrival at the Nadi airport it was a little confusing as to where pickup was for the complimentary shuttle. However, once we sussed that and found the Tanoa Complimentary shuttle at the end of the building, the driver greeted us helpfully with a big smile and then a bottle of water each which we were very grateful for. The ride was good. The check in process at Tanoa was efficient and quick and although the room was basic, it covered our needs for the two short stays. Our first room had no television and yet the second one did on the way back, so some consistency would have been nice with regards to that. More towels and pillows in our rooms would have been good as we had 3 adults and 1 child but only enough pillows for 2. We requested pillows for the first room and they never arrived. That was disappointing. The pool and eating areas were very nicely presented and tidy. Definitely adequate for our needs. The porters were lovely and efficient. Staff are underpaid and underappreciated. So make sure you leave a donation in the staff fund and tipping although not recommended wouldn't go amiss.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the reception area, although the porters are great...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Bula Carol M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is pleasing that overall you enjoyed your stay - I have passed on your comments regarding the non delivery of pillows to Housekeeping and I apologise for this.

I hope we can welcome you back to Fiji in the Future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay at the Tanoa and was very happy. The grounds, restaurant and rooms are all clean and tidy. I stay in Nadi regularly for business and have just switched from the Novotel which is in steady decline.
All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. The reception team were great helping with various requests over the two days. Restaurant food was good quality and the bar had a great atmosphere.
Standout was the GYM, whilst only fan cooled was in good condition and well equipped.
Overall a quality stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room. Better to spend the extra couple of dollars for a better room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Bula thebigcutz

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team at the hotel very helpful.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Fiji in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We caught the complimentary shuttle between the airport and the hotel. An easy, eight minute trip. On arrival we found the check-in process orderly considering we were on airline accommodation vouchers due to flight changes. The room was basic but comfortable and suited our needs for the night. The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant is open long hours however some of the food combinations seemed a little unusual to us. We had a relax by the pool before "hitting the sack" and receiving our on-time wakeup call in order to catch our early morning flight. Again the shuttle was timely and convenient. Please note internet access is not complimentary.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki E
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Bula Vicki E

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad to read that in general you enjoyed your stay, particularly as you were affected by flight schedule changes.

I am glad that in general we met your needs, and I hope we can do so again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A group of us stayed here the day of departure before heading back to the US from Nadi (we arrived in the afternoon after our ferry and bus ride from Suva). The hotel allowed us to book several "day rooms" to use for our group which allowed us access to the rooms themselves (beds for napping, bathrooms for showers, patios to dry our dive gear, tv, phone, etc.) along with the common areas (e.g., pool, restaurant, coffee bar). Wifi access was available for purchase.

The day room price was fair and it was very convenient for us to split across a small number of friends in each room. The rooms themselves were clean and there was great shower pressure. We were able to request some extra towels and toiletries as well. The only issue we faced was very slow service in the restaurant (both for food delivery as well as payment processing) and an issue we needed to resolve with an incorrect charge on the restaurant bill. A recommendation to travelers would be to be sure you do not cut this too close before airport departure. The airport is very close nearby and the shuttle was convenient and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Bula SuburbtoSuitcase

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad we were able to assist with Day Rooms for you and your group, and that in general the hotel met your needs.

I have discussed your feedback regarding slow service in the Restaurant with the appropriate Manager.

I do hope we can assist when you return to Fiji in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 days for a conference and I think this place is OK for business guests. The service provided by front and restaurant staffs were good, although other staffs did not even bother to say "hi" to the guests. The breakfast is OK, but becomes repetitive after a few days. Lunch is also OK and priced reasonably. At nights they have live music near the bar which is nice. The Japanese restaurant may attract Japanese customers who are tired of all the heavy food in Fiji. The environment is well kept, but the rooms are a bit worn down with occasional encounters with rodents. All in all, this hotel is good for business guests and would be ranked above your ordinary transit hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Bula zohei

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Thank you also for your feedback, which I have discussed with the appropriate Managers. You will be pleased to know that we as a company are currently discussing some major works in the guest rooms later this year.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have been coming to this hotel for years, service is always friendly with relatively cheap rates. Room was sufficiently clean and well maintained. Bugs seem to be the main problem especially cockroaches when you turn of the A/C.

Room Tip: There is a recently built wing, rooms are nice and up-to-date however will cost abit extra.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Bula Afk2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is always good to hear from our regular guests - and it is pleasing to hear that the team looks after you well.

I have discussed your feedback with our pest control company.

I do hope we can continue to welcome you back to Fiji in the future.