“Great for a Stopover”

Tanoa International Hotel
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Have stayed at the Tanoa International everytime we have visited Mana Island. Great stopover hotel. Rooms are clean and comfy. They have a free pick up and drop off to the airport which saves trying to get a taxi or arranged other transport. Also have a 24hr reception and restaurant, so great for late flights. Have a Jacks and a coffee shop which is great for a early morning coffee before you head to your holiday destination.

Beerwalk :)

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Beerwalk

Reviewed 14 February 2010

We have stayed at a quite few hotels near Nadi International Airport and find the Tanoa International to be excellent.
Staff are friendly, rooms are spacious and clean and the Restaurant reasonably priced.
Only 10 minutes to airport in the hotel free bus.
Not a holel for a long stay but overnight an excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ClontarfPorky76
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Overall, this hotel was fine to stay at. However, if you are wanting to see the stereotypical Fiji, then you need to stay in the outer islands, not in Nadi. If you want the beautiful white sandy beaches, then do not stay in Nadi. You will want to stay in the Yawaya Islands or Mamanuca Islands. The Tanoa International Hotel is about a 5 minute ride from the airport (free shuttle to and from the airport). The staff was nice and was able to exchange money with ease! If you stay in the Tanoa hotel, then just exchange money there, not the airport. The airport will charge you $5 or $10 to change money.
We had a problem with your electronic key and they gave us a new room. They have a great travel desk to help book tours. They have a coffee shop within the hotel, but its really really expensive—not worth it. The pool is clean and nice. The sauna was hard to figure out and I was sad I could not use it. The hot tube was not working. The hotel is about 10 mins from downtown Nadi. I would recommend taking a cab downtown.
On the Tanoa International Hotel website they claim it’s a 4 star hotel. To an American standard, I don’t believe this to be true. I would give it a 3 star. Overall, I think this hotel is ok. I would recommend this hotel to someone.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ExplorerBaby
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I stayed overnight at this hotel before I left Fiji. It is conveniently located near the Nadi international airport. Though there is no luxury in the facilities, the room is clean and it’s rate is quite reasonable. The hotel provides courtesy transportation to the airport. It was good enough for me. If you fly away in the early morning or arrive in late at night, this place will be the pick.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Migrating-islander
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My wife and I have stayed at the Tanoa every year since 1998 while I have been on various business trips to Nadi. We usually stay for three nights, before we relocate to the Coral Coast or Sonaisali for some R & R.

The Tanoa staff are friendly, the food is reasonable, and it is convenient to the airport and Nadi town. I think it is unfair to compare the Tanoa to other resorts where the room rates are three times those at the Tanoa. We are looking forward to returning to the Tanoa in two weeks' time, prior to a few days of R & R at the Westin Denarau.

I love the drinks at the Bula Bar and the staff there are friendly and helpful. I am not a coffee person, thank God.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2009

We were forced to stay here when our flight was cancelled. Our room and my brothers room was crawling with cockroaches and other bity insects. They were in the bathroom, in our beds all over the cupboards and walls. Thank god we only had to be in the room for a few hours because if i had to actually spend a whole night i think i would have just slept in reception.

The restaurant told us we had to wait for a table - so after sitting for half and hour close by and watching tables vacate but not being cleaned we finally went and and just sat and asked for menus. It took another 20 mins to get them to come and take an order - in the mean time the family sitting next door to us told us they had waited 2 hours for their food and received their desserts before their main meal.
Another family was given a room which hadnt been cleaned, then given another room which already had people in it.

Bad service, bad management BAD cockroaches- wouldnt even recomend to my worst enemy

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Ailscat
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I do not understand the reviews here about Tanoa. I find it a bit suspicious. I expect that these hotels are offered by the airlines as a stopover, think of that and the reviews what you want. I stayed at Tanoa Int Hotel for 4 nights and was disappointed and a bit shocked. My room was crawling with cockroaches, most of them in the bathroom. Don't like the idea of a cockroach on my toothbrush... I could also hear every word my neighbor said as the rooms had a connecting door with a big gap underneath it. Room itself was average old quality.

Food in the restaurant was of limited choice and bad quality. Way to expensive for the choice offered, both for breakfast and diner. I would definitely not stay here again. The only good thing about this hotel, is the coffee bar at the front of the hotel, they offer good food. The location of the hotel was also not appealing to me. It's miles away from everything, so you can only get somewhere with a taxi. Nadi town is still 10 minutes away. I went out for diner at Port Denarau several times when i was there, a 20 minute drive from Tanoa Int Hotel. If you have a stopover at Fiji, i would advise a hotel at Denarau, only 15 minutes from the airport and you're at the beach in a wonderful hotel (Hilton, Westin, etc). There is no need to be that close to the airport on Fiji.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business