“BULA BULA”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Nadi, Fiji
“BULA BULA”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is an older property and rooms overlooking the golf course are quiet but can be dark as there are no overhead lights only wall mounted. The spa one hour massge was mediocre and for only 45 minutes. I arranged a booking only to arrive and be told to come back later as another client was being served and when I returned at the nominated time the other client was still being served and another practicioner (?) was sourced who completed the first 15-20 minutes until the primary practitioner had finished with the other client.

The other staff were very friendly and efficient but prices in the onsite shops were very expensive i.e. FJ$9.00 for a bag of large Twisties available in town for FJ$3.95. The onsite bands and musicians supporting our conference activities were very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear 3591 doug,
We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with feedback. At Novotel Nadi, we strive to provide a superior service experience for all our guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us.Please rest assured we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent any future occurrences. I apologise for the issues relating to your spa treatment. I will most definitely follow up with the Spa Manager and also look at addressing your concerns with the onsite shops.
We sincerely hope, we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, where we are able to extend to you, the high level of service we strive to offer all our guests.
Jack Work

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nadi
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was my 2nd visit to Novotel!Thanx= Timoci,driver+ porter 4 shareing family stories,also Losalini in the gift shop!!Enjoyed breakfast,lunch,+dinner in your restaurant,vinaka=esamell+salomi..The staff always smiled + made me feel welcome with figian bula!My room was cool, clean and fresh.I even enjoyed a hot bath this last visit! Nanisa + Loata at recept.desk were very sweet and helpfull.Im looking foward to my next visit! Vinaka and Lolomas,Tim from California...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Timothy T
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Timothy T,
Sunny greetings from Novotel Nadi. I'am absolutely thrilled that you had such a wonderful time during your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide positive comment. As you found out and have also commented upon, the best thing about a stay at Novotel Nadi is the unbelievably warm and friendly staff that takes great pride in looking after our guests. I will most definitely share your feedback with the team.
Thank you Timothy for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Vinaka & Kind Regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Just returned from a business trip at this hotel. Stayed 27th-28th February, as part of a large conference.

My room was not up to standard, dirty - bedcover had blood stains on it!!.

Food did not look fresh particularly the pastries.

My colleague had her iPad, and other personal items stolen!! She was extremely distressed.

The front desk staff are rude and don't listen, and are not considerate of their customers.

This experience was largely awful. Some staff are friendly and professional so to be fair, the ladies selling goods in the corridor were friendly and accommodating. Some wait staff were also friendly and professional.

I will be recommending that the company I work for never use this particular hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank BEWAREBEWARE
Dear BEWAREBEWARE,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel with some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read of the experience that you described, please rest assured that the hotel has taken your comments seriously.
I would like to clarify that the hotel does take guest satisfaction, cleanliness & hygiene, well being, safety, recruitment of staff and food quality as some of its serious issues. We have regular and ongoing training programs to ensure we adhere to the most rigorous international standards.The hotel will continue to be vigilant in these areas as we strive to improve our guest stay experiences. It is disappointing to note though, the hotel was never made aware of your friends missing items. We could have showcased how professional and learned our staff are in such matters, as well-being and safety of our guest remains paramount to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the uncharacteristic slip in our service levels at Front Office. I can assure you the hotel prides itself on its level of service and to hear that we have fallen short on this occasion is very disappointing.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and I sincerely hope we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, where we are able to extend to you the high level of service, we strive to offer all our guests.
Jack Work

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

the bed we were given for 2 people was smaller than a double bed, there was stains in the bath tub and hot water was rare. we called housekeeping and asked for some cereal bowls and were told it was a $4 delivery charge!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Toni W,
Thank you for taking the time to provide some comments regarding your recent stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests as their feedback is vital for us to continue improving our service and maintain our commitment to superior guest experiences.
I would like to convey my most sincere apologies that your stay was not as expected. It is disappointing to hear that you were dissatisfied with the level of service provided during your stay. I was very sorry to read of the experience you've highlighted. It is obvious from your feedback that the hotels usual high service standards have not been met during your stay. I can assure you the hotel prides itself on its level of service and to hear that we have fallen short on this occasion is very disappointing. I have reviewed the details of your concerns and addressed them with the hotel’s Management Team, as we work on improving the stay experiences of all our guests.
Thank you for sharing your concerns, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Tewantin, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Have stayed here a few times over the years on the way to or from other Resorts.This time with 11yo granddaughter , stayed 2 nights & found things very ordinary.
Pool towels never arrived, wi fi very on & off, no hot water , then dirty brown flow followed & finally luke warm. Wake up call never arrived,internal walls literally running with moisture. Admittedly our stay was during very wet couple of days.
The Resort leaked like a sieve, with many slippery spots ( despite staff efforts with mops ).Found the girl at the" Tour Desk "quite surly & unhelpful.
We used the Restaurant & Bar area & found the staff there quite friendly& smiling. The food was ok , though the breakfast not up to usual Novotel standard.
The location near the airport & the Shuttle Bus out were the best part of this stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jack W, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear mollymooksarge,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. I'am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my most sincere apologies.
At Novotel Nadi, we strive to provide a superior guest experience for all our guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us. I have noted your comments in regards to several issues relating to your stay. I have addressed these issues with the relevant Managers and I assure you that appropriate action has taken place; and we apologise for this occurrence. Moreover, during your stay, the hotel had maintenance works carried out on the roof of the walkways, which led to the leakages you've highlighted, but I must say that all works have now been completed successfully. I also apologise for the issues relating to the Tour Desk attendant, I will most definitely follow up with her line Manager at Rosie Holidays.
mollymooksarge, we appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
sydney
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We spent 1 night at the Novotel on our arrival in Nadi before heading out to Mana island the next morning. I was travelling with my husband and our 2 boys aged 5 ans 2. We had booked a premium room with 2 double beds, perfect for the 4 of us. The room was very big and the bathroom well appointed. We really liked the room, I think it is excellent value.

We spent a lot of time in the swimming pool with the kids. Very refreshing and a good way to start the holiday.

Food was very good. They have a great kids menu which is very healthy and varied not like other restaurants where kids food is limited to fish and chips and burgers. My kids had fresh fish fillet grilled with some potato and carrot mash. Price is very good. My fish was excellent too, and so was my husband’s steak. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was very good too with a good range of hot food, fruits, pastries to choose from.

Service was very friendly. The staff was great with the kids too.

It was our third time at the Novotel, and we will probably come back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Marcandflo,
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on you recent stay with us. It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time at our beautiful hotel. As you have commented on our team at Novotel Nadi, are all about making guest experience the best ever and personally, I think they do a great job achieving this goal.
Marcandflo, once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you and your family return to Novotel Nadi, Fiji for your future stay.
Vinaka & Warm Regards
Jack Work
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Novotel Nadi? Share your experiences!