“Loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Toney, Alabama
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great location, great food, great room, great hot water, great stay! Very nice staff. Jack's souvenir store onsite and free airport shuttle. But the best part (for us and our 12-yr old) was the killer swimming pool with water slide. Hours of slippery fun. After we had ventured out and about on Taveuni for a week and were walked-out, we were happy to spend the better part of 3 days just lounging by the Toka Toka pool and we loved it. Good music and well-stocked bar poolside. You wouldn't know that you are so close to the "big city". For the day that you have a late-night flight out, you can pay by the hour to stay past 11 am. We would definitely recommend this resort hotel. Be sure to check out the big turtle-shaped kava bowl in the meeting room behind the pool table in the dining area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 201 (right past the desk, near the pool), so we didn't have to risk getting lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BadtzMaru_1
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear BadtzMaru_1,

Great review, thank you! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and maintain the facilities we have on offer including the grounds.

No doubt, everyone loves the pool slide. Nice of you for being our ambassador!

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Midland TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

"My return flight to the U.S. from a South Pacific guided tour was rescheduled by the airline, Fiji Airways, so the tour company, Valor Tours (which, incidentally, is beyond-belief super, and I'll review it once I get a chance here on TripAdvisor) kindly put the group up here for one night. Wish I could have stayed two weeks or more! This hotel resort is both beautiful and comfortable. Walking around the grounds gave me more of a feel of a village than a hotel. The room was spotless and well-equipped. I woke up the next morning being quietly serenaded by sweet birds outside--thought I was in a B&B for a minute, or even staying with friends, I kid you not. The ride to or from Nadi International Airport can't take more than three minutes. The resort restaurant served scrumptious food with great service. No, even though it sounds it, I don't work for the hotel (grin); I am a very persnickety consumer/reviewer, and this is real!

This hotel is ideal for being laid over, but easily should be considered as a base camp for a longer visit to Fiji. I shall most certainly stay there when I visit Fiji again."

Room Tip: You might ask for a room close to the front desk and restaurant/pool area. I had kind of a long walk...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trowel_Brother
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Hiram_Abif_96,

Wonderful review, thank you! I am glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us and experienced what we have on offer. Staff would be delighted to read your comments.

We continue to get positive comments about the grounds, thanks to my hard working landscape team! The greens in and around the hotel truly gives a Resort feel.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back in the future for a longer stay.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My two night stay was strictly business, The convenience of the Tokatoka resort to Nadi Airport and excellent pick-up/drop off service, made this a no-brainer.

The resort facilities would appeal to young families and as a good start or end point for tourists to Fiji, especially if they were staying some distance away and had to make travel connections.

Accommodation is in well built and very comfortable individual cabins. However I found myself with a lively young family right next door; not intrusive but a surprise for a business traveler.

Food was pretty mundane - perfectly edible and nutritious, but not inspiring.

Staff are absolutely delightful, polite and helpful.

Swimming pool is large, clean and well maintained. I even tried the water slide (you are only 55 once!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GeorgeEdmonds
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear George Edmonds,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for taking out your time to post this review.

It is pleasing to note that overall you had a pleasant stay which has been shared with the team. I have also noted your feedback for room for improvement with regards to Food & Beverage.

With regards to rooms, we do have Executive Suites for Business Guests. You most welcome to contact me on rkant@warwickhotels.com for your return visit and I will ensure that you are looked after.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back.

Gladstone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our family of 6 stayed at the Tokotoka for 3 nights and we all really enjoyed our time there. The interconnecting rooms were great with plenty of room for everyone. The kids had a ball collecting coconuts with the gardeners who would then cut them open and put straws in for them to drink the milk before handing to the chef to slice up for them. We jumped on a bus for $1 which took us into town to look around (special thanks to Earon, the waiter, who helped us get to the temple and showed us around). I've never stayed anywhere where all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Even when we left and went to an island resort and I had to leave my family to go back home for a family emergency the staff at the Tokatoka once again made me feel very welcomed there instead of having to wait at the airport for my flight. Will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy B
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Tammy B,

Nice review which will be beneficial to other travelers, thank you! Staff are always on the lookout for opportunities to enhance our guest stay and create a memorable experience. They would be pleased to read your comments and yes, we do have something for everyone in terms accommodation.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for taking out your time to share your experience.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back to Tokatoka Resort Hotel, Nadi.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just spent 15 chilled out days at Tokatoka, couldn't have wished for a more incredibly
welcoming atmosphere, occasion was my mum's 82nd birthday and she was truly pampered by
staff and wonderful GM Rohit, great attention to detail starting with champagne birthday breakfast and song from beautiful caring staff and the day just got better!

Hotel offers everything anyone would want, 3 mins to airport, 10 mins to Nadi town, Rosie's
tour desk in lobby for island adventures, Jack's shop for everything you forgot...mum forgot
her toothbrush!

Food and drinks of good quality and value for money, and wine selection great!

Stayed in spacious 1 brm villa which gave mum & I separate sleeping spaces, special thanks
to our house lady Lani who looked after our room and kept it spotless and well stocked, we
didn't have to ask for anything!

I had read not so good recent reviews but i'm sure if they had brought their concerns to the
management they would have been rectified immediately. They are so genuinely obliging,
caring people who just want their valued guests to feel they belong and have a wonderful
memorable stay.

Many thanks to all, we look forward to returning for our Xmas vacation, VINAKA!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jenny R,

Wonderful review, thank you! It was nice to have your mum on her special occasion. Our staff are always committed to make the difference and enhance guest stay in every possible way. Lani will be delighted to see her name in this review on the staff notice board.

Your have rightly mentioned the unique selling points of the Resort and guest staying for longer periods are able to fully experience what we have on offer. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty.

Thank you for sharing you experience and we look forward to welcome you back for your Christmas vacation!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

i have stayed here a a few times now( over 6 times this year alone not to mention countless times over the yeas) and have must say that on my last visit, i was extremely disappointed with the level of service i received.

Here is my complaints below:

I had to move rooms on one day which was fine, i was told the room was ready and i could move there, so i did. I was not helped by porters and had to carry my bags halfway across the resort. When i got to the room, it was dirty, dead cockroaches, the room hadn't been swept or mopped and it looked like it had been used and not refreshed.

I called reception and they apologized and said they will send a housekeeper straightaway. I placed that call at 9.45am, housekeeper turned up at 1.45pm after i had to call reception to remind them.

I also asked to use the carport near the rooms with reception, I was politely told NO as i was told "management does not allow this". That was fine with me until i had a chat with the room next door only to find out that he was allowed to park his car out the back and he had asked reception the same day i did. It seems only certain people get special treatment?? Well i think i could qualify for special treatment since i am a regular visitor to this resort.

I love staying at this resort but after my last encounter, i don't know if i will return again and not sure if i will recommend it to anyone now.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mzzy Moo x,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and we did not live up to your expectations on your last visit. Your comments have been passed on to all of the relevant departments to discuss with their team members to take on board. On this occasion we seem to have fallen short and for this we apologize.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty over the years. I have been here 6 months and it is unfortunate that we did not meet as I am always out and about. Would be nice to catch up on your return visit. With regards to the car park closer to the rooms, not sure what happened. I will investigate. We do have a policy for this car parking area however we are always flexible.

We appreciate that everyone has their personal preferences when it comes to choosing a Resort for their holidays or business trips and should you consider us on your return visit, please let me know and we will take special care of you. I can be contacted via e mail rkant@warwickhotels.com

Thanks you once again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Rohit the Resort Manager was very available and made us feel welcome on our arrival, the room we had was quite comfortable and clean. And although we only stayed one night each way we will stay there again, the only reason I have not given it 5 stars is because although I'm sure they try really hard, the food really needs a better chef, particularly when it comes to cooking steak. Apart from that, very clean, friendly place. Happy to stay again.

Room Tip: Ground floor away from pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rohit K, General Manager at Tokatoka Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again for taking out your valuable time to post this review.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I will surely be working with the Chef on his steak where we fell short.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,058 reviews
Bedarra Beach Inn
Bedarra Beach Inn
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka

Been to Tokatoka Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!