“Great for a stopper”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Northern NSW
“Great for a stopper”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have used this Mercure Nadi for a Overnight stopover 3 times now. It is clean, close to the airport and resturants. They provied an airport shuttle so no need to pay for an airport pickup or Taxi.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MELNSWNORTH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel for a night stopover before catching our flight to Auckland. Our terrible stay here began when the hotel 'forgot' to pick us up from the airport even though we had booked a free airport transfer with them. We eventually had to get a taxi and the driver had to be reimbursed by the hotel.

Upon check-in, we were told that the internet was not working. We explained that one of our reasons for booking the Mercure was for the internet, which we badly needed so that we could make arrangements for our onward travel. We were told that it was unlikely to work again for another few days. As we had already paid, we reluctantly decided to go in search of the local town internet cafe instead. However later that evening, we noticed a few other guests on some of the internet terminals and discovered that it was working again! Nobody had bothered to tell us (or leave a message) even though they knew we were keen to use it!

Our room was very disappointing. The bathroom was grimey, the fridge leaked water all over the floor, the tv remote didn't work and the air conditioning was broken. After the fridge had been fixed, a cleaner was called for. When she arrived, it was obvious that she was on her way home and couldn't be bothered to mop up the wet floor. So, whilst holding her handbag over one shoulder, she proceeded to move a towel over the floor with her foot and then left!

The room temperature eventually became unbearable; after it was established that the air conditioner couldn't be fixed, we had to move rooms late in the evening.

The following morning, we went down to breakfast. We were eventually told (it was a while before a member of staff appeared) that breakfast wasn't included in our booking (even though we had been told over the phone that it was). By this point, we were so frustrated that we asked to speak to the manager with regard to all the problems we had encountered during our 1 night stay. As compensation, the manager did offer us breakfast for free but by this point, we had firmly decided that we would never be coming back to this hotel again!

A terrible stay - we won't be going back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Jack W, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel with some feedback. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

It is obvious from the feedback you have provided that the hotels usual high service standards have not been met during your particular stay. Please accept my apologies for this uncharacteristic slip in our service levels, I can assure you the hotel prides itself on its level of service and to hear that we have fallen short on this occasion is very disappointing. I have reviewed the details of your booking, the internet issue and the anomalies highlighted in the room with all Managers concerned and I would like to apologise to you from all of the Mercure Nadi team for the inconvenience that occurred.
I was also sorry to hear that you were left unattended when you when to the restaurant for breakfast. I've spoken to the hotels Food & Beverage Manager who has addressed this issue with his team to ensure this does not re-occur in future.
I sincerely hope we will be given the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future, where we are able to extend to you the high level of service we strive to offer all of our guests.

Jack Work

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 February 2012

To be honest, I am not very familiar with the Accor’s brands. I know that they have lots of hotels, but most of them are somewhat lower quality ones than Hyatt’s and Starwood’s. I thought that Mercure would be comparable to a lower quality Holiday Inn or maybe to a Holiday Inn Express hotel.

This hotel is conveniently located to the airport in Nadi. It is on the Queens road very close to the night spots in the city. It is within a rather long walk from the Nadi town, but there is nothing really in the city worth seeing.

Not sure what is the official star rating of this hotel, but comparing to international standards it shouldn’t be more than two stars. It had a very motel like feeling. They do offer some sort of airport shuttle in certain times of the day. It probably makes sense to check how early these shuttles leave. In some hotels they were 3 hours before scheduled departure time that is way too early. From Mercure it takes 10 to 15 minutes to the airport. There is no need to check in earlier than 70 minutes before your scheduled international departure time.

I had just made a reservation for same day arrival. It didn’t take too long for them to pull it and gave me a key. Although I am an Accor Platinum member (due to a recent promotion), don’t think that there are any benefits when staying at Mercure properties. I had a bell boy helping take my bag to the room.

This was a ground floor room that had a direct access to the courtyard/pool. The room was ok. Nothing good but nothing bad either. The TV was rather small. There was an empty refrigerator. Not sure why there was two beds – one bigger and one rather small one.

The pool area looked rather nice compared to the room I had. They had two small pools and few hammocks in the garden.

This hotel is fine for a quick overnight. I would not, however, spend more than a night at this property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Jack W, General Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nadi. We strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very importatnt to us.
We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve better in the near future.
akl
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Staff are good, but the rooms are very, very poor. Not much has changed since I stayed last 16 years ago.
I can see they have 'papered over the cracks' but that is it.
Rooms are infested with ants. No wash cloth, just 2 towels and a bath mat. Shower head is original. Bathroom is very patchy and has the feel of being put together with the spare tiles etc left over.
Rooms are very, very similar to 16 years ago with minor changes. Aircon does not work well at all. TV is shocking, 3 local channels and 2 other channels - that seems to be it.
I would have stayed at the Capricorn, but decided to spend the extra to confirm the difference in product. Not worth the extra - this is 2* product at 3.5* prices.
I would not stay here again - maybe if they dropped prices by 60% then I would consider, if they fixed the ant problem.

Room Tip: Somewhere else where the aircon works.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Mercure Nadi. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in a few areas; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issues highlighted.
Thankyou again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed there for one night waiting for a boat to Yasawas (they have free pick up to the harbour). We had our booking made by local travel agency and it seems that we overpaid - it cost us nearly 200 F$ without breakfast. The quality was not worth that money. The room was wide but it should had been modernized (to be honest, the whole hotel deserves it) and cleaned (the courtain was not laundered for some time). Nice swimming pool in the centre with direct access from some of the rooms (we had such room). Breakfast was nice but expensive.

You may spend there one night but never go there for a holiday (BTW, the coast is quite distant).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nadi. I'am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in a few areas; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Mercure Nadi, we strive to provide a superior service for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Thankyou again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.