“A great disappointment..Looks can be deceiving”
Review of Mercure Nadi

Mercure Nadi
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Sydney, Australia
“A great disappointment..Looks can be deceiving”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

i just arrived back from Fiji and stayed 3 nights at Mercure Nadi. Overall my trip to Fiji was a great experience
but i was greatly disappointed with my stay at Mercure, especially having a pleasant stay at Novatel Suva and Tanoa Lautoka.
I'll break this review down to the pros and cons of my stay, starting first with the pros.

Positive
- The location of the hotel is ideal for if you want to go to the local clubs/bars i.e Eds Bar and supermarkets at walking distance. If you wish to visit Nadi Town, its only 10 minutes drive.
- Visually from the outside the hotel is stunning, with a giant pool in the middle and plenty of space to sit and have a drink at the bar.
- The hotel staff is willing to drop you themselves to your destination or will arrange a taxi onsite. The airport shuttle will take you to the airport free of charge.
- The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport

Negatives
- The hotel check in time is 2pm so if you arrive any earlier, you will have to wait for your room.
- The rooms are very dated and untidy. There are cracks in the walls, the beds are uncomfortable, and the TV is an old radiation box on which most channels are scrambled or low reception. The air conditioner is very poor, even when you set it to high, you can't
feel a thing. The bathroom is the biggest disappointment, as the shower hardly has any water pressure and is kept is a very poor condition. The sliding bathroom door hardly closes all the way.
- I had to ask housekeeping for an extra towel, when there are 2 people staying in the room but only one towel provided. On the second day , housekeeping didn’t replace the dirty towels and only made the beds.
- The hotel Gym was in terrible condition. It’s a small room with 2 exercise cycles that do not work. The fitness equipment is half broken and you will probably do yourself more harm in using that equipment.
- lets not mention the food at the mercure...overpriced and undercooked.
- I had requested the hotel for a late checkout 24 hours prior to my actual checkout. I confirmed the late checkout at the front desk and accepted the 40 dollars extra charge. An hour later, I received a call from reception reconfirming my late checkout. On the day i was leaving, they deactivated the 2 hotel room keys at 10am. I had to go to reception and get them reactivated again. I found this extremely frustrating because i had already confirmed my late checkout twice so why would they deactivate the keys?

Overall my experience at Mercure was an unforgettable one for all the wrong reasons. I really hope that management from that hotel reads this and uses this feedback to improve their standards. I hope this unbiased review helps the next person considering of staying there. If you are planning for a short stay, don’t mind paying the extra costs and want a hotel close to town, clubs and restaurants, then try mercure. However i am fairly positive you can stay at a better hotel than mercure in Nadi, certainly I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: if you are staying with 2 or more individuals, make sure housekeeping provide enough toiletries. If...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hassan E
Bula Vinaka Hassan E

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nadi Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Vaseva Natadra
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed for a short over-night after being out in the islands and before our flight the next day. Quite a dated hotel and in need of investment. It was ok for the price paid but I personally wouldn't stay here for more than one night and I would probably explore other options if I needed a one night stay in Nadi before or after a flight.

The rooms are adequate for a one night stop over - not much else to say. Relatively good nights sleep and a hot shower - all you really need for this occasion unless you are quite fussy.

On the plus side there is a free shuttle to the airport and breakfast was part of the room price as part of Accor's NZ/Fiji special promotion that was on at the time of booking. There is also a decent local restaurant across the road (Tu's place).

I suspect management are in a catch 22 of investment would result in increased room prices which would then miss their target price point.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bula Vinaka HungryTraveller86

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback during your recent stay. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation, however you constructive feedback serves as basis for our growth.
I will share your comments with our the team and I would like to assure you that we have an effective preventative maintenance program, a tool we utilize to address issues you have highlighted, again focusing on improving the stay experiences of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Vinaka & Warm Regards
Vaseva Natadra
Operations Manager
Mercure Hotel Nadi
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I really liked this hotel. We stayed there few times and we always came back to them while staying in Nadi. The breakfast is just delicious such a great choice. We also liked the restaurant, the dinner we had there was so delicious too. All the staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean, modern and comfy. But unfortunately we had a little problems in two rooms, one had little bit broken ceiling in the bathroom so while brushing your teeth water drops on your head and in the another room was only cold water in the shower. But anyway it´s a very good hotel, we always enjoyed our stay there and the value is just great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bula Vinaka mispule,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your stay with us; it is always a pleasure to receive encouraging feedback. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast and dinner being delicious as we are always continuously working to improve on this. The rooms as you described it are clean, comfy and modern. I am surely passing your comments to our team for encouragement.

I am sorry about the problems encountered and I am assuring you that our preventive maintenance work schedule in place, will alleviate this.

Once again Vinaka Vakalevu for your comments and we hope to see you again at the Mercure Nadi
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the Mercure recently for a few nights and the place has got a great and friendly atmosphere to it!! The rooms are comfortable and very clean, staff are ever friendly and helpful, and the very humble and friendly manager, "Va", was just great, always on hand to offer an advise or assitance when the need arises and even offered our little boy a free buffet dinner for wearing the traditional "sulu" and "Bula shirt" to dinner on our second night stay at the hotel!

The pool and garden area is very beautiful and kept very clean, with lots of lounges and outside beds provided for comfort and relaxation. We spent most of our afternoons and evenings on these, just to relax and unwind after a big day out exploring other parts of the island.

A great place to stay, and we would recommend it to anyone that is looking for somewhere to base their trip around the island out off.

"Vinaka"!

Nat, Ace and Kylan. :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ace and Nat D
Vaseva N, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Warm Greetings Nat, Ace and Kylan.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review re- your stay at the Mercure Nadi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

As you experienced we strive to make our entire guest experience a memorable one and we are thrilled that we have achieved this with you and your family.

I will pass on your comments to our team for encouragement and assurance of a job well done.
Once again thank you for your response and hope to welcome you & your family again at the Mercure Nadi

Vinaka Vakalevu
HORLEY, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a week here and found the pool area and gardens very nice. The bar was not too bad but the restaurant was somewhat towards the rear. Ate here only once and it was very average.
The staff were wonderful and could not help you more.
Reception would not change my Sirling notes as "they were old" They were accepted in the town though.
Not a bad room with a veranda that caught the early morning sun. One complaint is that this was a room with a connecting door to the next room.(Had this in more than one hotel) When they turned on the TV or spoke a bit loudly you could here it. However,this only happened one night and on another occasion someone arrived but we never heard them again!
A little out of the way but we went out every day either on a trip or by taxi.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a connecting door as noise is likely to be more.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth P
Vaseva N, Manager at Mercure Nadi, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Bula Vinaka Kenneth P
Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we appreciate your comments on pool area and gardens, I will pass your comments to the Maintenance and landscaping team to acknowledge their hard work. This will make their day.
As for the Sirling notes I wish to advise that the banks do not accept old notes from us hence the customer services agent not accepting it. We apologies for the inconvenience caused
Rest assure that we are working on our F&B outlets to ensure that we are serving quality meals at all times.
Our teams are our asset and I agree that they go out of their way to ensure all our guest are looked after well while they stay with us.
We are looking into your complain about the interconnecting room doors.
Thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again at the Mercure Nadi
Kind Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Fiji Gateway Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 8 in Denarau Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,016 reviews
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel

Been to Mercure Nadi? Share your experiences!