“Best value for money in Nadi”

Capricorn Fiji Hotel
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 14 February 2014

David Kirton

Capricorn hotel is my hotel of choice in Nadi. Before discovering the Capricorn, over a period of 30 years or more, I stayed in 14 other Nadi Hotels. Some more expensive and some cheaper. I have now exclusively used the Capricorn when I'm in Nadi for the last 7 years.

I have stayed at the Capricorn in different capacities - as a solo guest, with my family and with large groups, both for pleasure and sometimes for business. My business visits often include organising conferences of several days duration and with up to 40 delegates and facilitators, as well as VIP guest speakers. Before finding the Capricorn this was always a headache, but from the very first conference until now, the Capricorn has always made this so easy. "Nothing is too much trouble" for the management and staff, who are always eager to please and make the conference or personal stay so enjoyable.

The shuttle bus service is excellent - thank you Capricorn for collecting delegates arriving at different times (often unearthly hours). The meet and greet is always appreciated.

My personal visits, either alone or with my family, have always been a pleasure - the pool and pool area is always clean and kept nicely and has a thoughtful paddling area for the smaller kids.

Other facilities are also close by. The R B Patel supermarket is a 2 minute walk away. Ice Bar and Whitehouse night clubs are also within minutes walking distance, but despite the proximity are not a noisy intrusion. Also within walking distance there are several good restaurants and other hotels. Local buses stop outside the entrance - taxi's are usually available in the car park. The airport is a 12 minute drive away. And you can be on the beach in a 5 minute drive.

I have always found the rooms consistently clean and well resourced and well prepared. The standard rooms compare favourably with much more expensive hotels. And the family rooms have 2 bedrooms, a spacious lounge and self-catering facilities, ideal for a family of 4 or 5.

This is a "no hassle" hotel. If you have an issue, speak to the front desk or the Manager, and if it is in their power, then it will be attended to.

I find the continental breakfast (included in the price) to be a very useful feature and a good way to start the day.

Bottom line, this is an excellent hotel - it is not budget, but neither is it high price. I think you get more than what you would expect at the price. Staff are always friendly without being too familiar. A definite "thumbs up" from me for the Capricorn.

Room Tip: rooms are non-smoking, so if you are a smoker then mention this when making your booking and ask if...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank David K

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Since November 2012 I have been staying at Capricon Hotel Nadi. My first stay was memorable because of the staff and Management.
Since then I have now stayed at Capricon Nadi twice and very soon it will be my 4th stay.
My recent stay was from 21 December 2013 to 6th January 2014.
I am now considered as part of the Capriicon, Nadi family.
What makes my stay very pleasant and memorable ,are the staff. The staff here go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and the Hotel feels like Home Away From Home.
The General Manager, is always around and making sure everything is ok. He does this with all other guests as I noticed.
The facility is nice, however it can be improved and this is something that the OWNERS NEED TO LISTEN AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
I WILL HAVE NO HESITATION IN RECCOMENDING THIS hOTEL TO ALL MY FRIENDS.
I say to the General Manager and his staff, great work and keep it up. See you guys soon. Now you know why.

Room Tip: Book the Family unit
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

While backing fiji, as a couple we chose this hotel, mainly due to its price and location.

You pay for what you get with regards to quality of room. The pool area was clean and very nice, and at night was lit up and very pretty. The rooms were a let down but as back packing, the standard was actually higher then most to be honest.

Food was average to poor depending on what you got, i had a mixed curry which was ok, if not a bit cold on arrival.

They offered a taxi service from the hotel which seemed a bit expensive at first, so we decided to walk instead. However the taxi followed us! 10 mins into the walk, he pulled up saying we are going the wrong way, for discounted price he would take us to the best beach in fiji, as we were heading to a fishing beach. We didnt believe him at first but we took his advice, he actually took us to the fishing village to prove it, and it was terrible, a working beach it was. He then took us to an amazing secluded beach with only us and 2 others on, around a mile long of golden sand.

for what i think was equivelent of 30 Pounds, he stayed in his car for 3 hours while we relaxed, and took us back. so in turn it was a bargain!. The taxi man even climbed a coconut tree and got us a drink!!!

Hotel Rooms > 4/10
Hotel pool area > 8/10
Location > 5/10
Staff > 8/10
Food > 4/10

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Overnight stayFood disgusting. Complained about the rooms and was given another 2. Will never ever go back to this place. The Internet was terrible. if we were not tired we would have gone to Tokatoka

Room Tip: None of the rooms are equipped properly as we had been in four of them and they always lacked someth...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy T
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This place was our temporary stay for 2,3 nights till we move to one of the really great resorts. I didnt expect much for the price just some basic clean rooms like you see on their website. We were absolutely shocked.. as we were staying with a big group of family and friends, most of them cancelled their stay and forfeit their payment as they could not tolerate it. The service was really reaaally poor, the rooms were absolutely disgusting and that is an understatement. There were really really old furniture that were broken and peeled and rusting etc. The cupboard doors were broken and hanging down.. there were dead bugs everywhere in the rooms! we were all too scared to sleep as we thought there would be bedbugs and were constantly spraying the rooms. It was absolutely horrific i dont know how else to describe it. in saying that our friend right next door to us had the same room but furnutre was a bit better and it was a little more tolerable but still filthy.

One of our other friends had a flooding in their room and had too much trouble changing the room as the staff didnt think it was that big of a deal. The breakfast was poor also. The pool and area around it was nice but that was about it. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Zuzu5555
Reviewed 11 December 2013

stayed at this hotel had been ther befor we booked in on the 8_12_13 booked for three nights but left the next morning the staff were good. but for one day there was no water no hot water the aircon only half worked the tv was bad in the afternoon we com planed so the man came to have a look he said ok we will give u a new room that was around 2 oclock we could not have a shower but went out came back went to bed about 8 oclock got woken up at 10 oclock that night to say our new room was ready not good service my name is bryan everson my email is bryaneverson14@hotmail.com i come from nz

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bryan E
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I previously stated that i would never return to Capricorn but i had no choice this time as the company i work for made me stay here.......got to the room and upon looking of the ac remote, i opened the bedside drawer to find 3 used CONDOMS, you can imagine my disgust as i began to imagine what happened in the room before i arrived, i wonder if they even changed the sheets!!!.....i was so shocked and called reception to send a housekeeper up....when i showed it to her her reaction was "Oh My God", picked it up, threw it in the rubbish and rushed out the door with no apology!!!!!

I complained to front office and demanded to see the manager on duty, it never happned, they still charged full rate of-course and instead sent this poor young fijian girl (no idea who she was) to apologise on the company's behalf, they didnt even offer to change my room to a new one.

The management seriously need to rethink their customer service skills and employ some well trained staff. OR maybe get rid of the management there right now as nothing has changed since the last time i went there!

I WILL NEVER COME HERE AGAIN EVEN IF THEY PAID ME

GO ELSEWHERE, you have been warned

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business