“Perfect activity to do in Fiji!”
Review of Fiji Surf School

Fiji Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a range of activities including surf school tour packages (Natadola Beach),outer reef surfing (Cloudbreak, Restaurants, Wilks) and spearfishing. Call/text/FB message for bookings or for more information.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect activity to do in Fiji!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Godfrey and Rex picked my husband and I up from Denarau and we headed out for an awesome day. Couldn't ask for better teachers and the beach they took us to was worth the trip alone -- so pretty. We both got up on waves on our first attempt at surfing and learned a lot about surfing and Fiji in process. We're in our late 20's and decent swimmers, but I'm pretty sure these guys could teach anyone to surf. Godfrey is also super flexible to work with and accommodating -- booking was a cinch. He takes care of everything so all you have to do is show up and learn! A bonus was just getting to hang out with Godfrey and Rex -- they're super chill and we had a great time talking and spending the day with them.

If you're thinking about taking a surfing lesson or just looking for something fun to break up the lazy days of sitting on the beach this is it. A really unique experience!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Diane J

Melbourne, Australia
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I contacted Godfrey after reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor, I'm happy to say the day matched the promise. I'd booked before we left Oz, sadly on the day it was hammering with tropical rain, and we were heading home the next day so couldnt re-book. After some calls to find a safe beach, Godfrey took us anyway, and we had an amazing day. All three of us (myself + 2 kids) went from 'never surfed before' to 'standing on a board' by the end of the lesson, surfing on a deserted Fijian beach with not another soul to be seen as far as the horizon. For lunch Godfrey took us to Sigaroka and one of the local markets, so we got free look around as well!
Only warning is that Godfrey is definilty on 'Fiji-Time'; so be patient and keep following up; the effort will be worth it.

Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A day never to be forgotten!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We found out about Godfrey before we left Oz, and got in touch not long after we landed. Good Friday was the day, so were up early and rather excited by the possibilities of the day ahead!
Godfrey picked the 3 of us up from Denarau, and we headed to Natatola beach. We were my Husband, 48, myself 48 and our 9yr old son. None of us had ever touched a surf board let alone tried to stand on one, on water, moving...
We had a blast! The boys got the hang of it quite quickly, and by the 3rd wave, the boy was surfing to the shore. My husband took a bit longer but got there, I however managed to get on my knees and managed a fairly repectable and dignified 'surf' before I ended up in the surf. Next time I'll work out before I try, to build my stomach and leg muscles ;-)
Thanks for a great day Godfrey! Next time we are over, we might send Tomas to Nippers!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Tacaga
“really nice memory”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

beautiful beach, good experienced instructors and small groups throughout i did learn alote i just one week

Visited March 2014
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Well Godfrey and Rex a big thank you from Peter & Viv , I cant believe you got my wife up after 3 attempts well done, you guys are great teachers and have one of the best day trips available we just have to work on her sea sickness HaHaHa, until next time guys Thank you.

Visited March 2014