I stayed here twice - before going to the Yasawas and when returning. I was on a budget, so I stayed in the dorm. At check-in they give you a towel and the key to your bedside locker, which is helpful.
This is a high-traffic place and can get quite noisy and dirty quickly. The dorm is air-conditioned, which is also lovely, but it's also right beside the bar and restaurant. It is incredibly loud at night, especially when people start getting drunk. Ear plugs are a life-saver, as the bus for Port Denaru comes at 7:15 a.m.
The pool is nice and refreshing especially after lying in one of the hammocks or on one of the loungers for a few hours. The ocean is fairly mirky and unappealing, though the water is quite warm. I didn't go swimming in the ocean here. Not many do.
At some point a local came and offered me a coconut drink. Always figure out the price first. But it was cheap and a cool experience. He hacked the top of the green coconut off right in front of me and popped a straw in. When I finished, he cracked it open and had me eat the young fruit inside. Pretty tasty.
The staff are friendly and will usually help you with your further bookings. But you do start getting an understanding of Fiji-time here. No one moves very quickly and there is no urgency to anything.
When I got back from the Yasawas, it was after major flooding from a huge storm. Parts of Nadi were still under water. Smugglers had a generator and were operating minimally, though they were serving beer! :o) Internet was down, water kept going off and staff were getting barraged by guests. And another cyclone was on its way. The staff kept everything under control. They tried to help all the guests they could - even though none of the inconvenience caused by the storm was their fault.
The staff are great, the dorm cramped, tiny and loud - but overall, a cheap place to start out from, but glad I didn't spend my whole vacation here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers Cove is a newly built 3 1/2 star rated beachfront resort centrally located on renowned Wailoaloa Beach at Nadi Bay & a comfortable 15 minutes drive from Nadi International Airport, Port Denarau Marina & Nadi Town. The popular Ghost Ship Bar & Grill offers great local & international fare at reasonable prices along with stunning sunsets and ocean views from the beachfront deck dining area. If you are looking for suitable Nadi accommodation that has a fun, inter-cultural atmosphere along with clean comfortable rooms and Free High Speed Wi-Fi Smugglers Cove really is the place to be....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HostelWorld, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Beach Hotel Nadi
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort And Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Beach Nadi
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel Fiji/Nadi