“Excellent Place”

Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had the most amazing stay at Smugglers Cove.The staff was so polite and friendly, they went above and beyond their duties to make you feel welcome...Nothing was ever a problem to them...SEINA..in Food and Beverage greeted me every morning with Bula MUMMA. She is such a beautiful smiley person. And then TOKASA in Travel, she was exactly the same polite and helpful in any way possible...These two ladies made sure our stay in Fiji was what we expected...So therfore we have no hestation in recommending Smugglers to anyone who is thinking of going to Fiji....... Only one down fall with our room....We think maybe they should have ceiling fans as well as a/c..... We personally think one of these two ladies should be eligable for staff member of the quarter..........

Room Tip: Private ocean view rooms are great.....We stayed in 307 and didn't hear any noise at all
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl B

Reviewed 15 May 2014

i would like t thank smugglers cove for organizing my honeymoon bed and dinner...
i just every minute of my stay there....since it was my honeymoon trip it was definitely an awesome one...swimming pool was quite small and no privacy as it was just next to bar...food was ok....staffs are very friendly....

Room Tip: awesome one for holidays....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronishka
Reviewed 12 May 2014

we don't stay here but visit almost every night, we love the entertainment on the weekend evenings. great service & great local spirits! the staff are so friendly & happy, there is also a little store inside the complex that gives us a great exchange rate on our Aussie dollars!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aussietravel2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We came to Smugglers Cove by an incident (emergency wisdom tooth extraction) and stayed for one night. The room was noisy and a bit shabby but with everything necessary for one night. The outdoor area was very buzzy with lots of partying young people, but to my surprise the food was excellent. A nice extra was the firedancer show.
After a negative experinece somwhere else where we left early, we came again to Smugglers for one night. This time, the room was bigger, but it had severeal very long dark hair on the floor. Luckily the rest of the room was clean.
Don't wast your time with breakfast as it is insufficient. Rather have two times dinner the night before :-)
The prices are moderate and the staff is friendly, so if I was there as backpacker I'd probably rated it higher, but if you like to spent the night at a quiet place you better look for something else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConnyGammi
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at Smugglers Cove the night before and the night after a trip out to the islands, as it was a kind of stop-gap for me I didn't really have any kind of expectations. However the hostel was extremely clean and tidy and so my stay was stress-free. The hostel picked me up upon my arrival at the airport and all of the staff I encountered during my stay were very helpful and polite. Another bonus for me was that you can purchase postcards and stamps at the little shop within the hostel and they have a postbox right there for you to post! Would def recommend Smugglers Cove as a good value place to stay

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ema202
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The last time i was here the main toilet downstairs was absolutely completely flooded. It was just all wrong. Unhygenic is one word that wouldnt completely describe it. But its ideal for backpackers and young adults.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shannon083
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed multiple times during my short stay in Fiji - before, in-between and after my FeeJee Experience pass and trip into the Yasawa Islands.

Service was good and friendly. The staff in the bar and restaurant area always introduced themselves and made sure to learn your name.

There was a small pool - I'd call it a deep splash pool I guess. The property is on the beach, but I stayed up on the deck and amongst the sunlounges on (imported?) white sand adjacent to the deck. I wasn't keen on going down onto the beach because there were a few locals walking with horses offering beach rides but I didn't want to be bothered.

On my first stay I was in an 8-bed all-girls dorm. You were assigned a bed number and couldn't move unless you wanted to be charged an extra night. The beds were nice and comfy - think inner-spring mattresses. No bunk beds. There were lockers in the rooms and two ensuite bathrooms for 8 girls which I thought was ok. The massive door made a loud noise when it finally shut but apart from that, no issues with noise. Room was airconditioned with ceiling fans - once again no issues.

Second stay was between tours. I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm and ended up sharing with the same people I had just done the Feejee Experience with. Solid wood bunk beds. Bit high. Once again, lockers in the room. High ceilings which makes it seem less cramped. Ensuite bathroom again. Over all I liked it.

Third stay I had booked a 4-bed again but when I arrived I was craving some time-out alone so I asked to upgrade and all they had was a family suite. I had a big day flying the next day so I just went with it. The suite was a basic self-contained unit with bedding for 8 people! LOL It felt weird but good at the same time to have all that space after almost 3 weeks staying in dorms.

Overall Smuggler's Cove is a nice relatively well-priced, comfortable place to stay just outside of Nadi. Nadi town was only a short public bus ride away. I didn't get involved in the nghtlife as I was too tired between tours. I did not see a communal kitchen. I did get a peek into the 30+bed dorm. Looked like the same wooden bunk beds as the 4-bed dorm. Smelled a bit funny but then there are a lot of people staying in one long room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hannah W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
2 mi away
#3 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!