“Decent accommodation. ”

Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Place was pretty decent although on the backpackers end of the spectrum.
Food & drinks were well priced although breakfast was pretty basic.
They had various forms of entertainment on each evening which was pretty good.

Good spot to be based if you're doing stuff in the area or via Port Denaru

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our room had a view on the hotel dustbins, but we were glad we did not chose the ocean view as it would have meant the noisiest place : on top of the restaurant - bar with "special nights" until late every evening. Staff was ok, food was ok, location was ok. Nothing great to say about this hotel. Spending there 2 nights is a maximum...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A friend who spends a lot of time in FIji recommended Smugglers for my stopover arrival days in Nadi (like most people I then went out of town) and it was a good choice. I was surprised how busy it was, as the place next door was pretty much empty when I went to check out its cafe/shop. They get a lot of young groups through, setting off early morning- so if you are very sensitive to noise then beware of rooms at the front above the car park/reception. However it was not a noisy 'party' hostel. The music on the beachside decks was mostly reggae, not bang bang dance music.

The room was good, with kettle, fridge, decent bathroom, comfortable bed. The food was also good- there's 2 cafes there. The included breakfast is basic though- just bread, instant coffee and a bit of fruit.

I found the staff helpful- especially the tour desk lady. The first room I was offered had bunks, but I was changed immediately to a double bed. I was travelling solo and this was a friendly place. I particularly valued the onsite spa. I had 2 massages there as I was pretty frazzled from travelling in Central America and they were helpful treatments.. not just rubbing some oil around. There's a bus to central Nadi a few times a day or else taxis are very cheap to e.g. a few mins to Sitar restaurant at the corner of the turn off, and not much further to the string of places towards the airport. The onsite shop is good.

Room Tip: They get a lot of young groups through, setting off early morning- so if you are very sensitive to n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank newgabe
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There were some issues on my arrival, i had to move rooms 3 times before i was in the correct room for which i paid for. Other than that the staff were lovely and very helpful, we even took a trip to a rugby tournament with one of the receptionists! The food was nice large menu to choose from or carrying price range. Only 10mins from the airport and cheap taxi fair. I would stay here again on route to the smaller islands or when wrapping up the hoilday before going to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I thought this place was cool, the staff are nice and it's pretty chilled out. It's cheap and close to Nadi. The lady at the desk did try and charge us twice as we paid on arrival but we soon cleared that up. It's a great place for young people to have a few drinks and head out, the food is good too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here as a stopover for a few days on my way to the USA. Room was pretty good although very noisy as it was above the entry way to the resort. Not sure if staff realise how much the noise of their conversations travel at 5am. The gentleman who checked me in apon my arrival was lovely, however, any further experience I had with the reception staff was not so great. I found them to be curt, unhelpful at times and generally felt like I was a disturbance to them and their mobile phones or conversations. I had more than one of the other guests also comment along the same line to me. Just before I left, I asked to borrow a pen to fill in a customer survey and was told that I couldn't and would have to buy one from the shop. I just didn't bother after that. Food was good and so was the night time entertainment. Oh and make sure you bring Fijian dollars with you when you arrive. They prefer cash and not cards as I quickly found out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jodie D
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had the most amazing stay at Smugglers Cove.The staff was so polite and friendly, they went above and beyond their duties to make you feel welcome...Nothing was ever a problem to them...SEINA..in Food and Beverage greeted me every morning with Bula MUMMA. She is such a beautiful smiley person. And then TOKASA in Travel, she was exactly the same polite and helpful in any way possible...These two ladies made sure our stay in Fiji was what we expected...So therfore we have no hestation in recommending Smugglers to anyone who is thinking of going to Fiji....... Only one down fall with our room....We think maybe they should have ceiling fans as well as a/c..... We personally think one of these two ladies should be eligable for staff member of the quarter..........

Room Tip: Private ocean view rooms are great.....We stayed in 307 and didn't hear any noise at all
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
Aquarius On The Beach
Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!