“Depends what your after”

Nadi Bay Resort Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
“Depends what your after”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ok this is a budget place, though the prices don't really reflect that. Only positive is there free airport / drop off - so ok for an overnight stay.
Breakfast is basic, we had one up from the basic breakfast and still only got toast, cereal and one pAncake, maybe the next one down doesn't include the pancake
Wi-fi is woeful, paid $25 for wi-fi and even thou few were less than 2 metres from the hotspot - we had no connection unless we sat down in the reception or resturant. The access points need recongifuring but staff didn't seem to want to care and just gave us back our money
Hint- at denarau marina there is a vodaphone shop where u can get a SIM card for $35 for 800mb data (u can choose phone calls / SMS +650mb instead ) this is for seven days where the resort will charge you $25 for one day as long as u want to sit in reception or the restaurant
Also the resort is right under the flight path, and since it's near the airport, the planes are really low. However only one during the night.
Now I'm not sure how other hotels compare as I've only ever stayed at the capricorina hotel and that was also not what we would consider 3star in Australia.
Overall the website looks much better that the resort itself. Ok for just a night between travels but wouldn't stay here any longer. There is a super market at the end of the road and up a bit jb Patel,
Staff are nice, balcony door did lock but even a kid could get through.

Room Tip: The most expensive rooms are the best but for that price u can go elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NTtravellerz
Anjanitadevi, Acccounts Department at Nadi Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We have arranged with Global Gossip, the provider of our wi-fi to extend access.

We are sorry you were inconvenienced.

As you were in a room you were entitled to a tropical breakfast which includes tropical fruits plus cereal, pancake, toast, jams, tea, coffee.

We are sorry you missed the papaya, banana and pineapple.

Thanks for your nice comment re our staff and we all hope your Fiji Holiday was satisfactory.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My son and I stayed here with Feegee Experience. The food in the restaurant was awful; I had soup which was so overly salty that I had to send it back. The band played right outside of our room until 10 and I told the staff I was not feeling well and asked to be moved. They did nothing to help me out. There were loud drunks outside my room from 2 a.m. on and the staff was ineffective to stop their noise. They should have called the police! It was so disruptive that I lost almost the entire night of sleep. I asked for a refund and the clerk at the desk just stared at me. My bus was leaving so I was not able to request a refund from the manager.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this place at all; no good rooms as far as I can tell.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie B
You have raised concerns regarding disrupted sleep and we apologize for this inconvenience. Your Room 2 was closed to the entertainment and unfortunately no other suitable room was available that night. We have severely admonished the reception staff on duty and if they had contacted management regarding your problem a refund would have been arranged.

Our Hotel recently won the Excellency Award for Fiji’s best quality food for value. I presume you ordered dhal soup which is always served with chillies and this can be sometimes too hot for guests.

We have taken steps to ensure the Band will not affect guests rooms.

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during a break from voluntary work, was alone and the staff showed me around town where to get a haircut etc, even shared kava with them. A REAL FUN BUNCH. The hotel itself is pretty average/good and to be fair you can't moan with that price... If definitely recommend it. No complaints!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DbTrails
Anjanitadevi, Acccounts Department at Nadi Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Pleased to know our staff assisted you during your stay. The friendly Fiji spirit is the key to Fiji Tourism. Thanks
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been in a lot of resorts and this one is THE BEST and the staff make you feel like you are home,the owners are like your mum n dad they are the BEST, it's the most cleanest,happy resort I've ever been and would HIGHLY recomend this hotel, I'll be back every time I come, BEST IN fiji

Room Tip: Any room will be the best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Terasiaobrien
We recall your visit and thank you for joining in with the band, your kind comments and making so many friends at our Hotel.

We are not the best Resort in Fiji, but mainly with the help of our staff, we try to be. Thanks.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I really didn't liked this hostel, my room was very dirty; gekko's in my room and hair on the floor! The airco was not working so it was very hot in my room. The staff is very unprofessional and the guy who picked me up from the airport was really weird and I didn't felt save at all!! I will never go here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Manon G
Anjanitadevi, Acccounts Department at Nadi Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
We are concerned about your comments following your stay three months ago. Our staff are the key to guest satisfaction and every review we receive comments on how helpful and lovely they are.

It would be helpful if you could specifically advise us why you found them “very unprofessional and weird”. We note you had a very dirty room and a faulty air-conditioner. Can you help by contacting us by email at accounts@nadibay.com.fj and provide details of your room number so as we can make sure your experienced in March is not repeated.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed at Nadi bay for 5 nights. We couldn't fault the hotel it's really clean, the rooms are basic but that didn't bother us as they were clean. The staff on the resort are lovely and will do anything to help especially lamba she really helped us out. The only downside. Is I left my kindle on my bed in my dorm room, my friend and I were last to leave when I realised I had already left the hotel so I emailed them straight away with no response..when I returned to the hotel 2 days later I asked again if the maids had picked it up and no one owned up to it...I would stay here again just make sure you look after your belongings.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kvd1984
Thanks for your kind comments. Mela, our manager, discussed our investigation of the missing kindle with you and to-date it has not been found. Our housekeeping staff are not aware of this item and it was suggested that another dorm guest may have taken it whilst you were absent. Sorry for your loss and very best wishes from all at Nadi Bay Resort Hotel.
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

On arrival to Nadi Bay the staff greeted us and were very helpful. They were super helpful in planing trips and saved us a lot of money and included discounted accommodation and free massage :)

We used Nadi as a base as we spent time on the main island on did some island hopping. Nadi Bay were happy for us to keep our backpacks stored whilst we travelling. They also offer security boxes so we stored all valuable items there such as passports and money and they were safe.

The hotel itself was clean and a good hostel for backpackers as well as hotel for holidays. We were fortunate enough to have tried most rooms as we were upgraded to an apartment one of the nights :). The dorm rooms and private rooms were clean and comfortable. Plus the free breakfast was useful on a backpackers budget.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Your comments are appreciated and it seems you successfully took advantage of the Hotel facilities and enjoyed your stay. It’s great that young visitors to Fiji can utilize many of the opportunities available at Fiji Budget properties. We feel many guests feel shy at asking staff for assistance and advice.

You and your friends have the right approach and deserve to enjoy a great Fiji Holiday. Best wishes from all at Nadi Bay Resort Hotel.