“Good for stop over”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Melbourne, Australia
“Good for stop over”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Beach Escape was perfect for our first night in Nadi. It wasn't anything flash and quite a bit out of town but perfect if you are just looking for a place to stay before you launch into other fiji adventures. Also be mindful that it is close enough to airport that you can hear planes flying over. Wasn't a problem for us but could be for light sleeper.s Free pick up from airport, free breakfast, clean rooms, running shower and all at an excellent price. Can't really complain too much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacinta F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been in Fiji for three months and ended up staying here last minute. I had not checked online or anything, but just walked up and was able to get everything squared away. Shesh was even nice enough to let me check out the room I would actually be staying in before I paid for it, and let me pay by the day in case my plans change.

I was staying in Villa-E in the smaller room with two twin beds. The room is quite cramped for two people (especially when one of them is a kite boarder) but the bed is comfortable and the price was great. The villa itself is very spacious. The toilet works and the shower runs, so what more could you ask for on a budget in Fiji? The pool is clean and in the sun, the only con is that there are only two lounge chairs.

Breakfast is included in the price and is AMAZING. I have been to several resorts now in Fiji and Beach Escape offers the best for free. I got two pieces of toast, eggs, and two sausages that were delicious and filling, as well as morning tea. The rest of the food is decent. The french fries are to die for, the burger quite plain, and I tried a black bean curry that I didn't care for but my partner loved it. The good thing about the location of Beach Escape is you are so close to Smugglers/Aquarius/Capricorn/Bamboo that it isn't hard to find more food if this one isn't your favorite.

Since I did come here with no plan, Shesh went above and beyond to help me make one. I really wanted to go to the Yasawas or Mamanucas but had no idea how to get there and thought it might be out of my price range. However, Shesh arranged a four day trip for me to Mana Lagoon (scored me the fourth night free), arranged all my transfers, and provided a room for me for the day I return. He is an irreplaceable part of the team here at Beach Escape and I am so grateful for his help!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Danielle M
Helston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before and after going to the islands. All the staff are very nice and friendly and when you get on wifi it is pretty good. There are a few good value meals for dinner but do get boring if you are here for too long. Our room was a twin private and was the smallest room we've stayed in.. Way too cramped! The bathroom didn't seem to be cleaned much either which wasn't nice. For breakfast we had egg on toast 4 times and then one morning they gave us beans as well.. Definitely could do with having this every morning! Other than that it was an okay stay for a few nights, if any longer I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Very cheap, so you pay for what you get.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Biarritz, France
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the Beach Escape for 3 nights before going to the Yasawas and the staff was just amazing with us - very eager to know more about us and curious without being intrusive.
The rooms are clean and so is the shared bathroom.
The big plus of this place is definitely the staff, always singing and in a good mood.
We had not arranged anything before arriving or taking the yellow boat and they managed to help us getting accommodations in the resorts we wanted to stay at for even a cheaper price than what we were expecting !

Overall it was a great experience that I would recommend !

Room Tip: all the rooms face the pool and you will definitely dip in !
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nalita13
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night after returning from the islands and am happy to say that was the extent of my stay!
The staff i came across were rude and unhelpful. Despite paying a deposit when booking, they tried to charge the full amount when I arrived. The airport transfers were pick up only, they did arrange a taxi but it was ordered for the wrong time and i was charged almost double what they had quoted, which you would think wouldnt happen with the amount they must have to order cabs.
Staff/locals are outside the rooms making noise til late making it impossible to sleep and then when my taxi arrived at 6am they stood outside my room shouting my name, waking everyone else up in the process rather than just come in quietly to let me know.
Overpriced for the standards definitely, smugglers was cheaper and like the hilton compared to this place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

England
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights after returning from island hopping. We stayed in a private twin room which was very cheap so I really don't have high expectations as the price was very low. However, they advertise the room as having a private balcony with a refrigerator. The 'private' balcony can't be called a balcony, it was merely a few planks of wood like a decking area. There were filthy tables and chairs which were all broken and the table had a hole in it.
The set up of the hut was very strange. We were taken to the hut and there was a single bed in the hallway of the hut. Our bedroom was crammed into the smallest area just off the entrance. In the hallway with the single bed was a refrigerator.
The bedroom was very small and very dirty, we slept in our sleeping bag liners as there were a lot of ants running on our bedsheets.
They provide free breakfast from 7am to 9am which is good if you go at 7am probably. We went at 8.30am and were served 2 slices of warm toast and a stone cold fried egg which I guess had been fried at 7am. They have tea but no coffee.
Lastly, when we checked in we arranged a taxi to the airport which is $12. But the morning we came to leave another guy was working who told us it would be $15, we knew that wasn't right but he insisted on calling the other guy to verify what we said.
The only positive was free wifi when it worked.
All in all I would highly recommend paying a little extra and staying at Bamboo or Aquarius.
We hated it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The staff were welcoming as soon as we got there. One of the girls who worked there asked our names when we arrived and remembered them the whole time we were there. The guy on reception was so helpful too, booking tours etc for us and organising taxis and buses for us

The whole resort looks nice e.g. The pool setting and the villas from the outside are really nice however the rooms let all of this down.

I'm not sure whether this is normal for Fiji but the rooms were so basic and although clean they were a bit shabby. The bathroom smelt a lot as well and neither the bathroom or shower door closed properly in the two rooms we had during our stay. All they'd need to do is give the rooms a good paint and replace the mosquito nets on the windows as some were broken therefore don't really work great...?

There must have only been 3/4 villas being used out of about 10+

The restaurant is great, there's always someone there if you want food and it's great value for money

We may stay here again for a short trip in an air con room but would pick somewhere more expensive for a longer stay.

Overall if the rooms were just touched up a little bit and if every room had air con then this would be a great hostel.

The staff definitely deserve to be recognised for how friendly they are!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends