This hotel would have the most complicated and time consuming check in that I have ever experienced anywhere in the world.We were a family with 2 rooms booked under one name.On checking in we explained the situation and asked that booking reflect the 2 diffferent family names.Despite being assured at check in that this had been done and 2 subsequent visits to the front desk including a discussion with the duty manager this was never achieved.
This tardiness was reflected in other dealings.The room did not have a hairdryer or hot water jug.The hairdryer arrived but the jug never did ,again despite multiple requests.
We had 3 vouchers for each room which where attached to our check in file and they were still attached 2 days later but had mysteriously diisappeared from our files by check out.
In previous reviews I have read about how good the childrens swimming pool is but for children who are good swimmers there is no where for them to swim except the ADULTS ONLY pool.
We used 2 different restaurants and in my opinion the food in both was not up to scratch for the price and a 5 star resort.The idea to serve a platter in a "bento" box with a mix of food and bars may be ok for lunch but it doesnt cut it for an 8 and 10 year old for dinner.If this is the best idea for a childrens dinner menu that the chef can come up with then someone needs to rethink the menu for him/her.
Overall it was a pleasant stay with friendly staff but for a 5 star resort it falls well short in too many areas.
One activity I was highly impressed with was the "DIVE SCHOOL " attached to the property.The staff here were not only very friendly but also very professional and exptremely good with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka