“Comfort and Luxury in Paradise”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 17 November 2011

After spending 4 days on one of the little islands in the Yasawa chain, my daughter and I checked into the Intercontinental for the rest of our vacations. How nice to get back to civilization!!! While we loved the little island bungalow, it was great to have air conditioning, tv, internet, etc.
The Intercontinental was exactly what I had expected - large scale resort luxury. The decor in the public areas is elegant with lots of comfortable seating areas and beautiful views. Out room was large, comfortable, colorful, and a spectacular view. It was at the farthest end of the resort from the lobby, so a 10 minute walk, but I had requested a very quiet location - and it was.
The infinity pool was beautiful and relaxing, although some guests completely ignored the large sign stating no children at that pool. I didn't complain as the kids were all very well-behaved. (Some people think those rules only apply to other people.) We had the chance to dine in all of the resorts restaurants and found the food excellent and reasonably priced.
I'm not sure if I'll return to Fiji, as it was 22 hours of flying for us, but if I did, there is not doubt I would return to the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Bula vinaka ‘TerriRH’,

We are delighted to read that both you and your daughter enjoyed your time at our resort. We appreciate your great comments on our rooms, décor and views and our team at Food & Beverage will be pleased to read you found the food excellent and reasonably priced.

Should you ever decide to make the long trip back to our beautiful sunny shores, please let me know as we would love to welcome you back to Natadola Bay. You can e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com and I will be sure to have all your queries taken care of by our great team at Reservations.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Lots of staff, charming suite and plenty of pools. Restaurant was expensive but to be expected in an island location
A great break on way to NZ

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Bula vinaka ‘Whitlock22’,

Thank you for your short but sweet review of our resort. We are pleased you found our suites charming and we hope to welcome you back to our sunny shores soon. Please e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com if you decide to return and I will be sure to have your queries taken care of by our wonderful Reservations team.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had low expectations of our family holiday but was really impressed from the pick up to the drop off! A welcome drink at reception and the room was excellent - having a balcony provides privacy for adults to read, talk etc while kids sleep.
The family pool was brilliant and exactly the right dpeth for all ages to have fun,
Recommend hiring the sea kayak - and cave tour - thank you to Joe(?) who carried my son George on his shoulder through the deep bits of water, George's hermit crab also won a race.
Loved all the fire lighting and dancing displays and all of the staff who really had a great attitude.
My only feedback would be around food for kids. My son loves to have a morning and afternoon snack - fruit or plain crackers - something simple - it would be great if there was some complimentary fruit for kids available throughout the day Thank you for a lovely time!

Room Tip: We loved the garden view upstairs as it was very private and quiet!

Bula vinaka ‘Countrytravellers11’,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We’re glad you enjoyed the resorts activities available as well as our facilities and that you will be returning to our sunny shores. Thank you for your suggestions on snacks for children, we will certainly take these into consideration. Joe will be ecstatic to receive your positive feedback.

When you plan your next visit, please let me know your travel dates at scott.williams@ihg.com and I will be sure to have our team at reservations take care of all your booking requirements.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We just spent 10 nights at the Intercon Resort Fiji and it was nothing short of heaven! This was our fourth trip to Fiji (previously stayed at The Westin and Sofitel on Denarau), our first stay on the Coral Coast and our first trip to Fiji with our two and a half year old son. We heard nothing but good reports from friends who had previously holidayed here and this resort lived up to every expectation. We booked a king size garden view room and were surprised at the decent size of the room and the proximity to all the pools and restaurants. The room was big enough for a port-a-cot and the outside lotus tubs were a great way to relax after a day in the fabulous Fiji sun! The restaurants provided enough choice for us and our little boy and the bento boxes for kids were a hit! Our favourite dining spot was the a' la carte restaurant, Navo. The food was amazing, the setting was stunning and the service perfect. Ask for Kele or Gav if you book a table, they were wonderful. Kama bar was a perfect place to enjoy happy hour and watch the sun set from the day bed and enjoy a great range of Fijian dance and the sunset torch lighting ceremony. The kids pool was big enough to get a seat everyday and perfect for kids of all ages. The adult only infinity pool was beautiful! Our son loved the horserides along the beach, the hermet crab races and we appreciated the staff for catering to every requirement we had travelling with a little one. The day spa is a must-do, the traditional Fijian massage was great and the golf course is one of the best resort courses my husband has played on. We plan to go back next year and will book the beach front suite, only as we have been there now and appreciate what a stunning location they are in. The only little suggestions I would make is the perhaps a cafe or little snack shop close to the pool for parents with kids who need to fill the gap between meals - all that swimming makes them hungry and better pillows! Thanks for a wonderful holiday, see you next year!

Bula vinaka ‘kylie12_78’,

We enjoyed reading your great feedback on our resort and are delighted that you will be returning next year. Thank you for your positive feedback on our beachfront pools, Cleopatra bathtubs and adult only infinity pool.
Thank you for sharing your suggestions with us, we will certainly be taking these into consideration. Kele, Gav and the team at Navo will be thrilled to receive your great comments on their service as well as the dining experience and food.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Natadola Bay shores next year. Please e-mail me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on dates and I will be sure to have your booking looked after by our great team at Reservations.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We had a lovely getaway as a second honeymoon (10 year wedding anniversary) and leaving the kids with the grandparents!, and couldn't of had a more romantic way to spend it. The staff were very prompt and as always friendly. In particular the staff up at Navo restaurant were exceptional, in particular Inia who was a private butler whilst we enjoyed a private cabana dinner for 2 which was amazing who we must extend our thankyou's to Brendan who made this possible for us!. The resort itself was amazing and any who is into pampering the spa treatments are a must, absoulute heaven!. As we have travelled quite a number of times to Fiji and the islands around I did find the prices on drinks are little expensive, but food was exceptional and worth it especially if you have what is called a Priority Privledge card which cost us $289 aus before we left and gave us 50% off everymeal which practically paid for the card itself in a little over a day! (DEFINATELY A MUST FOR ANYONE TRAVELLING THERE - you can also use the card over a year and can be used at Holiday Inn, and a couple of other resorts world wide. You also can give vouchers to friends etc and you get a few other perks with the card when you get there (ie. $50 room credit aswell!). I also thought that having to pay for non motorised water sports is a little rough but all in all we had a lovely holiday and look forward to taking our children there as a family getaway in about a year or so....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mel c

Bula vinaka Mel,

Congratulations on your 10 year wedding anniversary. We are delighted that you chose to celebrate this special occasion with us. Thank you for your positive feedback on our SPA, service and resort. Brendan and Inia will be delighted that you took the time to mention them in your review and we will certainly pass your comments on to them.

We look forward to having you both back with your children for another relaxing stay. Please e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on dates and I will have our team at Reservations take care of your bookings or queries.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We just spent one weekend at the InterContinental, and our kids are already asking when we can return!

We drove the 2.5 hours here from Suva, Fiji, and had no problem finding the hotel. When we pulled up, we were greeted with beautiful shell necklaces and a very friendly welcome. The valets immediately emptied our luggage from our car, and parked our car for us (complimentary service).

We were escorted to the lovely outdoor reception area and were served some cold and delicious tropical juice to drink while we checked in. The check-in process was quick and easy--our reservations were exactly as we had ordered, and it did not take long to get our keys ready.

One of the valets had loaded our luggage onto a golf cart, and drove us over to our rooms. Since there are 4 of us, we had two rooms--one king-sized for my husband and I, and one with 2 double beds right across the private hall for our two kids.

We could not believe the beauty of the resort or the luxury of the rooms. Everything was well maintained and well appointed. We all loved the lounge sofa and Cleopatra baths on the balconies. We stayed in rooms 1425 and 1426 in Bure #14--two top floor rooms just at the edge of the family pool, and also a short walk to the main part of the resort with the restaurants, lounge, and concierge. The king-bed room overlooked the pool, and it was a 2 minute walk to the pool.

One little hiccup at the beginning. My daughter locked us out of the kids' room (my fault for setting the keys down in there!). We immediately dialed the operator, who said she would pass our problem on to reception and someone would be there soon. Thirty minutes passed, so I called the operator again. A different operator answered, and she also said she would pass my problem on to reception. Thirty more minutes passed, and I just walked to reception myself. I complained to the person there about having to wait so long to get this problem fixed. She apologized, and immediately gave me a new set of key cards, this time with both rooms programed onto each card, which she stated should have been done in the first place. I did note this little difficulty on our comment card.

Wonderful family pool. Perfect for our kids and for us. The beach is one of the best on Viti Levu. Great swimming in the ocean--just be careful of the currents. There are coral heads about five steps into the water, and provide excellent snorkeling without much effort!

The food at Sanasana was excellent, both the breakfast buffet and dinner themed buffets. Even the pickiest eaters could find something they liked.

While the service at Sanasana and at the Toba Beach bar was friendly, it was SLOW. They are definitely running on Fiji time. It took a minimum of 10 minutes each time to get our drinks. The wait staff at Sanasana did check on you quite often to make sure all was well.

Housekeeping could have cleaned the rooms a little earlier. We were out of the rooms by 9:00 am, and did not return until a little after 4:00 pm, only to discover the housekeeper still cleaning our rooms.

Many other reviewers have commented on the winds. It is incredibly windy there, but also very sunny and gorgeous. Just be prepared with lots of sunscreen and jackets at night.

A beautiful, relaxing, and luxurious place to stay. So glad such a gem is not that far away from us. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you have kids, choose one of the bures that line the family pool. Some of these have rooms that...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Bula vinaka Kristin,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our food, rooms and facilities and that you found our resort beautiful, relaxing and luxurious. We’ve received many great reviews on our snorkeling and are glad you enjoyed the marine life here at Natadola Bay.

We are sorry for the issues you had with your room keys. Our Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Front-office managers are using your feedback to ensure we enhance our services in the areas you have mentioned and we thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We are thrilled that you will be returning to our sunny shores, please e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com and I will be sure to get you in touch with our capable Reservations team.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

The resort was outstanding. We had club rooms which are on the hill top. The standard of service and room quality was outstanding and the Fijian staff were the friendliest in the world.

Beautiful setting, excellent food. Expensive but as expected for this type of accomodation.

Room Tip: Rooms can be requested away from cildren if you wish. Club rooms are further from the beach but hav...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andyoptic

Bula vinaka Andyoptic,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we are pleased to share your comments with our team at Club InterContinental who will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with them.

We hope you keep us in mind when making future holiday plans. Please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com if you plan to return and I will be sure to get you in contact with our great team at Reservations.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
#6 of 24 in Coral Coast
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!