This is a fabulous resort. It is definitely a more sophisticated experience for Fiji. Some people don't like that aspect but we enjoyed it especially after a couple of nights in Denarau.
We stayed in a one bedroom Club plunge suite for six nights. The room was lovely, well serviced although one day it wasn't serviced by 3:00 pm so I called to organise it to be serviced and it was at about 5:00 pm.
The only issue we had with the room was that it didn't have the view we expected. We thought being in the Club suites we would get a lovely view and it wasn't the case. We had a bit of a view if we stood at the far edge of the pool. So be aware that the Club suites don't mean that you get a view. Some have no views at all, not even as good as the one we had. Also the pool was very cold.
The service, breakfast, canapes, afternoon tea and cocktails at the Club were excellent and made choosing the Club good value.
The resort itself is lovely. The only issue we had was that the pools (adult infinity, kids pool and the Club pool) were all too cold to be able to just jump in and enjoy. So the resort should heat the pools in the Fiji "winter" months.
The food at the resort is variable. We ate 3 times in the Navo restaurant which was Five Star. The Toba restaurant was just okay and the Sanasana buffet was passable but not great.
I went to the Spa for a facial and massage and it was excellent. It was a birthday gift which I really enjoyed.
Overall the resort really redefines what you expect from Fiji in terms of ambience and food. The service could still be improved because it is very slow and the idea of "Fiji time" seems to prevail a bit too much, but is always friendly.
The snorkelling off the glass bottom boat excursion is excellent and worth the trip.
Overall we had a wonderful holiday with our family and the resort really offers what you want when you go on holiday to Fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka