“Beautiful Hotel, Beautiful Beach”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel, Beautiful Beach”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This Hotel is stunning. The Hotel is very big, but you do not notice, you feel like you are in your own little paradise. The beach is beautiful and the pool is very relaxing. It was so lovely to sit, watch the sunset and drink cocktails. The rooms are very spacious and have an outside area which can be shut off for privacy.
There are a few different restaurants at the Hotel, I recommend Tabo by the pool, there is a lot to choice from and the prices are decent. We went to Novo once, the location was good but it was overpriced for what you got. The Karma Lounge is great for a sunset cocktail and every night they provide entertainment for you, which is great to watch. The buffet Breakfast is good, there is a lot to choice from. We got room service a few of the days which was also quite good.
We did have a problem with the lady at checkin, who was not helpful and was not what you we would expect from a five star hotel, but other than that the staff at the hotel are lovely, some of the nicest people I have ever met.
The Hotel is located a far way away from anything, although it is very easy to hire a care and drive around if you want to see more of the real Fiji. The snorkeling around the hotel is great, we brought our own snorkeling stuff but the hotel does do snorkeling activities at a cost and they take you out on a boat.
We didn't go to the spa, although we really wanted to, it was just too expensive. There are ladies outside the hotel who offer beach massages but we didn't get a chance to try them.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, I can't wait to go back there one day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Bula emdtravel88,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our rooms and facilities. Kama Lounge is definitely a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunsets at Natadola Bay. I was also pleased to read that you also enjoyed our dining options, especially Toba Bar & Grill.

Your comment regarding your check-in experience has been forwarded to our front office to ensure that this does not reoccur, and I am delighted you found our team warm and hospitable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our sunny shores here at Natadola Bay soon. Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next getaway and I will see that the team takes excellent care of you.

Scott Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland,
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We took our two boys (aged 5 & 7) here for 5 days before school went back (Jan 14) - amazing! They had a ball, and so did we! We had stayed at the resort previously without kids, but would equally recommend it with or without little ones! They LOVED the kids club, had endless hours in the pool, and the food and restaurants catered really well for them. An absolutely stunning property and now the only place we'll go back to (with or without the kids!) Thank you... and we will be back ;-)

Room Tip: poolside with the kids is great... handy if you need to whip back during the day, and lovely and qui...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bula B10ndie007,

Thank you for your short but lovely review. We were thrilled to read that your family had a wonderful time during your second holiday with us and that your two boys really enjoyed our Planet Trekkers services.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your little home here in paradise again soon. I invite you to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next holiday and I will see that you and your family are well looked after once more.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here in February 2014 and had an awesome time we came for our honeymoon and were extremely pleased with every aspect of the resort every staff member we met was polite, accommodating and very friendly we were particularly impressed by the staff at toba bar and grill who really made an effort to make our dining experiences memorable and the food was top notch the resort was extremely well kept and I believe it is truly a 5 star experience .from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we had the time of our lives . Make sure you keep the bar stocked with plenty of JD cause we will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: We had a pool view room and thought it was the pick of them all centrally located to everything
1 Thank Alyssa M
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Bula Alyssa,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent experience with us. We were thrilled that we were able to make your honeymoon a very special and memorable occasion and that you were delighted with our food and beverage offerings at our Toba Bar & Grill restaurant.

Your comments have been passed on to the team who are always excited to hear from our guests.

We would love to welcome you back to our little home in paradise again soon! Feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and we’ll be sure to have plenty of Jack Daniels on hand as requested!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I recently visited Fiji for the first time in late february and it was my first stay at the Intercontinental! It was such an amazing hotel, very contemporary and large too with a really relaxed feel to it.

February isn't the peak time for travelling to Fiji so the hotel wasn't busy, but I loved it, the pools weren't over crowded and we always managed to get a nice shady spot by the main adults pool. I would highly recommend visiting during this quiet time! We were lucky with the weather too, it was sunny every day until the very last day of our stay it started raining.

The staff are exceptional and really friendly and welcoming! One thing I would fault however is that they always cleaned our room, even when we put a 'do not disturb' sign on our door, the ladies would knock and ask if we needed room service, it was very nice but quite annoying too.

There are 3 restaurants at the hotel, the main one by the pools was our favourite. Food prices are generally high and not really worth it but nonetheless the service was absolutely exceptional! Our waiter named 'vatamo' was amazing and really went out of his way to ensure a pleasant dining experience for us. On our last day they serenaded us, which they do to everyone on their last night, very lovely! The resort itself is quite isolated, around 45mins from Nadi airport so, dining options were limited but the food was great!

The beach is amazing too, beautiful clear waters and we managed to swim out a bit and find some reefs which were awesome for snorkelling!! The hotel really has so much to do and if you stayed here, you don't really need to book a day trip. They have snorkelling, kayaks/paddleboards and surfing lessons available. There are some locals further down the beach which offer horse rides along the beach (really amazing, just negotiate with them for a cheap price) there are also massages available, a gym to use, beautiful infinity pool which is adults only and a really cool bar aswell with something going on every night (fire dancing, live bands, kava tasting)

Overall the hotel is amazing, definately a 5 star resort! Perfect for all ages, there was a mix of families, couples, groups of friends etc, so its suitable for everyone!

2 Thank charleneweaver
Bula charleneweaver,

Thank you for your lovely review and recommendation. I was so pleased to read that we made you and your partner’s first holiday in Fiji a wonderful and memorable one. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms, facilities and our beach with its crystal clear waters.

Your comments about the resort and team have been passed on, especially to Vatamo who I’m sure will be thrilled to hear from you. I have also forwarded your comment regarding housekeeping on to our rooms department to ensure this does not reoccur, I do apologise for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our crystal clear waters here at Natadola Bay again soon. Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next beachside escape and I will see that the team takes great care of you.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed a week here. Positives; spacious modern rooms each with a large covered terrace with daybed, 1 lounge chair and a large deep bath tub. Firm but comfortable beds. Lovely long white sandy beach (best in Fiji), can swim at half tide. Seperate pools for adults and kids. Sprawling grounds, enough to accomodate up to 700 guests. Has all the activities expected at a large resort - swimming, diving, snorkling, trips to nearby caves and a local Fijian village. 18 hole golf course approx. 10 minutes away by free shuttle van. Very good breakfasts and dialy servicing of rooms excellent.
Negatives - 50 minutes from Nadi airport, not much else to do there and if you want to go somewhere else it will cost you in transport. Too big if you want to experience a more intimate setting; food is variable, some good, some very ordinary. I don't expect to pay for an expensive salad and get tinned beetroot. Service can be frustratingly slow, even though we were there in the low season with only 150 other guests. More to do at Denarau (4-5 hotels clustered together), but the beach is much better here. You also have to pay for everything - e.g., FJD$50/hr for snorkling; $20 fora boogy board. Families might find this place expensive needing to pay for everything. Would not like to come during the high season or school holidays if the service was this bad in the low season - e.g., waiting 20 minutes for a drink at happy hour! Also it would be hard to get an umbrella around the adults swimming pool as there were not that many there. All the staff are very firendly, as is the Fijian way. Bula!
If big is your thing and staying put in one place, then come; otherwise there are better smaller options around.

Room Tip: avoid block 13 which is close to the Karma bar; loud music goes on until 11.30pm some nights, and th...
4 Thank Skin197
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Bula Skin197,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed your week here with us at Natadola Bay and that you found our rooms and facilities comfortable. I was also pleased that you were happy with our daily breakfasts and our team’s genuine and warm hospitality.

Your feedback regarding your service encounters has been passed onto our appropriate department heads to look into, as you are quite right. I have also passed your feedback onto our Reef Safari team for review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will see that you are well taken care of.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent a few days at InterContinenal Fiij which I think might be an ok family hotel, but it is not for a couple that come to Fiji for a romantic getaway.

Set in beautiful countryside on a long white sandy beach. The hotel has a small but perfectly ok gym. But it is far from cities and other hotels and restaurants so you do not have many choices outside the hotel's offerings. The restaurant was cozy and served good food. The other restaurants I would not recommend. They were crowded with large families and the volume was almost indispensable in the evenings.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Bula 34h,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. I was pleased to read you found our location on Natadola Bay, as well as our facilities pleasing. I was disappointed to read however, that you didn’t experience some of the exclusive romantic aspects of our resort such as our dedicated adult-only infinity pool, adult-only fine dining, adult-only sunset cocktails & canapés at our Club Lounge, and the favourite Romantic Beach-side Cabana Dining. For the most intimate of our resort experiences I highly recommend our Club InterContinental facility which offers privacy, seclusion and unprecedented luxuries to make your stay truly memorable.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I would be delighted to assist you plan an unforgettable romantic escape.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,
Sydney
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here for four nights and had an Amazing experience.

The room was great and featured a massive bath tub outside. The service was exceptional and all staff were friendly, I have never been Bula'ed so much in my life! We dined here for breakfast and dinner every night and found the buffets to be really excellent with a large variety of food and high quality.

We did a couples massage package and found it very relaxing.

The hotel has an amazing pool and a private beach outside with extremely white SAND!! something you can't find at Nadi.

I highly recommend this hotel, we had an amazing experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bula rleyy,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort and recommending us. I was delighted to read that you and your partner had a wonderful Fijian holiday experience with us and that you enjoyed our food and beverage options. The buffet dining experience at Sanasana certainly is a treat.

I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to experience a couples massage package at our Spa InterContinental, and that you also enjoyed the privacy of our beach.

We would love to welcome you back for another relaxing holiday soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next beachside getaway and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Scott Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!