“What a wonderful resort!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Melbourne, Australia
“What a wonderful resort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Bula! My partner and I stayed for 5 nights at the InterContinental Fiji. It was our first visit to the resort as well as to Fiji. Wow, what an amazing and beautiful resort! We both enjoyed our stay there tremendously.

The hotel airport transfer was waiting for us when we exit the airport. The journey took about 45mins from the airport to the resort. Upon arrival, my first impression of the InterContinental Fiji was very positive. The entrance was lit up with flames, very modern structures, very open and inviting.

We got upgraded to a Club Suite as part of my Platinum Ambassador status, which means our villa is now at the top of a hill where Club InterContinental is at. Check-in at the club lounge was quick and efficient. Vickey who is one of the concierges, explained all the benefits that I am entitled to. There's also a lovely infinity pool at the club lounge.

The Club Suite is very nice. Large, bright and airy. It has an outdoor tub on the balcony. A long sofa in the lounge room and a dining table. Bathroom is well stocked with amenities. It was a very comfortable stay indeed.

Getting from the club rooms to the main resort area can be done by ordering a buggy or a nice walk down the well groomed grounds. Our room was the furthest possible from main resort area and we managed to walk most of the time.

There are 3 pools at the resort - one at the club lounge (which I believe is only for guest with access to the lounge), an adult only infinity pool next to the beach and a family pool in the main resort. All very nice.

Food at the resort can be taken at the 3 main restaurants - Sanasana, Toba and Navo. If you have club access, the lounge also serves breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and canapes. There are also finger food at the Kama bar (the pork belly is amazing!).

We tried all the food offerings. Navo has the best quality and taste, but also the most expensive. Sanasana has an extensive buffet for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is nice but dinner is pretty average. Toba is in the middle. We enjoyed the food there. Price wise, expect to pay Australian prices and you won't feel ripped off.

The Natadola beach is lovely, with pristine water and mild to moderate swell. Be aware that one side of the beach is abit more stoney. So if you want to swim, go towards to "left" side, where it's more sandy. There are plenty of water activities offered by the resort, most of them are payable when it involves hiring an equipment - snorkel, surfboard, kayak, etc.

The service at the resort is friendly. Just be prepared to reply with "Bula" when you meet a staff member!

If you're at the resort for a relaxing holiday, it's a good idea to expect everything to be unhurried. Service can be a bit slow at times (Fiji time!), orders can get forgotten and you might get ignored for awhile (Unintentionally.. I hope). The staff were often apologetic when the service is slow at busier times.

We had a really good time at the InterContinental Fiji and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Depends what you value more. Club rooms are more private but is a distance away from the beach and m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank KFly77
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Bula KFly77,

Vinaka vakalevu for sharing your experience with us. The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to our luxurious Club InterContinental facilities. I was also thrilled to read that you enjoyed dining at all our food outlets, as well as our crystal clear waters at Natadola Bay.

Please do email me when you plan your next trip and the team and I would be delighted to have you once more.

Scott Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I took our children and grandchildren for a family holiday to the Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa. We all enjoyed a most wonderful vacation and will return. The resort staff were all friendly and helpful. The accommodation was clean, comfortable - excellent. The food at all restaurants was always delicious. I left two items of jewellery in our room. These items have been returned to me. Honest staff as well as friendly. We look forward to another visit in the near future.

Room Tip: Club Suites are worth the extra cost.
2 Thank Sharon H
Bula Sharon H,

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I were thrilled to read that you and your family had a great family vacation while you were with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and services. I was also delighted to read that you experienced the warm and genuine hospitality of our team and that you received your personal belongings back safely.

We look forward to welcoming your family back on our sunny shores again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit since Sept 2012 and each time service has improved clearly a credit to management and staff. Intercon has taken the best mainland location in Fiji and complemented it with excellent resort rooms, world class spa, top flight dining at Navo, great kids club and pool, manicured grounds and an experienced service team. At 3.45 hours from Sydney it must be the easiest best value top tier holiday destination in the region.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Tpy57
Bula Tpy57,

Vinaka vakalevu for continuing to return to our sunny shores! The team and I were delighted to read that your family enjoyed your stay with us once again and was also pleased to read that we have improved noticeably since your last stay with us. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner experience at our signature restaurant, Navo and also wish to thank you for your feedback which has been forwarded to our F&B team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Natadola Bay again soon. Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next family escape and I will see that the team looks after you once more.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just returned from a family vacation at the Intercontinental in Fiji. The rooms and swimming pools are great and the staff as lovely as Fijians always are - although I did get sick of replying to "Bula" from every staff member that walked by.

The pools are great and particularly suitable for small children. The adult pool is lovely but crowded and kids are not allowed.

The water within the resort is drinkable.

The only downside was the cost of the drinks and food. No food packages are available at the hotel. I would recommend this place. I am not someone who enjoys laying by a pool but as a family holiday and playing with the kids it was great.

Room Tip: We had a garden room although it partially overlooked the children's pool. It was good and not t...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Bula Blue_M0lly,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that your family had a great stay with us and enjoyed our resort rooms and our swimming pools. I was also pleased to read that your family experienced the warm and genuine nature of our team. Appreciate your comments and would like to recommend our Priority Privilege program which offers great discounts on food & beverage throughout all IHG properties.

We look forward to seeing your family on sunny Natadola Bay again soon! Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next holiday dates and I will see that the team takes care of you once more.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have to say I'm not usually one to write about travel experiences but for the Intercontinental Fiji I'm making an exception. My family and I just spent the BEST 5 day holiday we've ever had. I was looking for somewhere that my wife and I could be pampered and relax and spend some quality family time with our 5 and 6 year olds. From the moment we arrived until we left, nothing was too much trouble for the fantastic staff. Even though I heard they were full it wasn't overcrowded which meant that you never had to wait for anything (the kids pool, lunch food etc) and this was during the NSW easter school holidays too. The room accommodation was 5 star and the food quality and options each day at the Sanasana restaurant were excellent (the Fijian staff were also SO proud of their own cuisine on Fiji food night!) and just thinking about the sunshine on the beach at Natadola Bay is still making me smile. I have to say that best of all was the feeling that you weren't "just a guest" to all the staff there, eg on our last night the lovely wait staff at the restaurant even came over to our table and sang our family a Fijian farewell song just to say goodbye which is something I've never had done at any hotel anywhere else in the world! It's not budget but if you want a luxury no hassle relaxing holiday then seriously consider the Intercontinental Fiji! We'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden facing room just next to the beach and the restaurant so access to everything...
3 Thank Justin H
Bula Justin H,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. The team and I were delighted to read that you and your family had a wonderful Easter holiday with us and that you enjoyed so many aspects of our resort facilities and service. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our food offerings and also had the opportunity to try our Taste of Fiji buffet, which is a lovely way to experience a variety of Fiji’s local cuisine!

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team, who I’m sure will be excited to hear from you. Please be sure to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next family getaway and I will see that you are well taken care of once more!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were blown away with the hospitality of the staff and the high standards of the rooms and facilities. The pictures of the rooms on the website were exactly what you got. The private outdoor bath was a plus! We upgraded to the beach front for our last night - well worth the extra spend!!, and although it was spoilt by a rowdy crowd the staff bent over backwards to make up for this by crediting our account. We looked at three different rooms and preferred the bottom rooms as you have what feels like your own private outdoor space and some have the cabanas outside. The choice of restaurants is great, many types for people's budgets. I read some previous reviews on this hotel that you didn't feel the authenticity of Fiji, but for us, it was totally what we were after, paradise, hospitality and too relax in high quality facilities....we will definitely stay there again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nedine2012
Bula Nedine2012,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and that you had a great stay while you were with us and enjoyed our private Cleopatra baths! I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to your beachfront room and experienced the warm and genuine hospitality of our team.

Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and the team and I will be delighted to welcome you back to your home here in paradise!

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I love when I get home from a trip and feel compelled to write great things about a hotel. The Intercontinental is a good example of this. We just stayed at the Club for 4 days and it was sensational. Food top class throughout the resort, facilities in great condition (unlike many other ageing Fiji hotels). Accommodation fantastic - we were in a 2 bedroom king club suite and it was perfect with outstanding views of Natadola Bay. Plenty of room for all guests. It was not cheap by any means, but great value when you compare what you get on some of the islands. Navo fine dining brekkie great which is included with the Club (I am also a gold ambassador member, my husband a platinum member, so we were absolutely spoiled rotten). Our 14 year son went crazy over the daily high tea and then canapes in the evening Club. Certainly great value if you ask me. Well done Intercon Fiji, we will be back. PS Thanks to senior management for the lovely beachside drinks, very memorable and lovely to meet you all. Just one small complaint and that was the how fast the buggies go. A little scary when walking around the resort. Buggies need to adopt bulla time and not racetrack style... not a big thing though, just feedback more for other peoples' safety. Vinaka!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are great, but I prefer an upstairs room (not garden)
4 Thank becinsydney
Bula becinsydney,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The team and I were thrilled to read that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our Club InterContinental facilities and benefits, especially our afternoon high teas and sunset canapes. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed having cocktails with our team. Your comment about our buggies thank you.

We would love to welcome you and your family back for another holiday in paradise soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Scott Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!