“BEST PLACE IN FIJI”

Gold coast
“BEST PLACE IN FIJI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Bula!
I have just returned from my 15th visit to fiji but my 1st visit to the intercontinental. We stayed in the club in a plunge pool suite, there are no words to describe how amazing this resort is. The moment you arrive till the moment you leave, you are treated like family, nothing is ever a problem and you truely are in paradise. The staff in the club were exceptional, Eroni was an absolute asset to this resort along with Rarakesh the manager. My heart is aching to be back there now, I have been to many places in fiji over the 15 times and I can assure you this is THE best in fiji.
Vinaka Vakalevu
Tiffany and Andrew

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FIJILUVER
InterContinenta... F, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Bula FIJILUVER,

Thank you for your lovely review! The team and I were pleased to read that you and Tiffany enjoyed your first stay with us and that you enjoyed our warm and genuine Fijian hospitality. Your comments, along with Tiffany’s, have been passed onto the team, especially Eroni and Ravikash, who will be delighted to hear from you both. We look forward to welcome you back on your 16th visit to Fiji again soon. Please be sure to contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (845)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Intercontinental club suites 5th April till 12 April.
We stayed here at the same time last year and loved it so much we came back.
The resort staff and settings are first class.
Snorkelling off the beach is a site to behold with wonderful coral and and vast assortment of fish to see with great clarity. The staff running the trip were very informative and made sure to point out all the different types of Coral and fish types.
The club suites are well worth a splurge, the serenity and views are stunning. The infinity pool is to die for.
Down the hill in the main resort is fantastic with many more pools and bars to choose from. We could not recommend a visit here more! We will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: All the club rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank melbourne2010
Bula melbourne2010,

Vinaka vakalevu for your recommendation and staying with us once more! The team and I were thrilled to read that your family had another wonderful experience in our premier Club InterContinental rooms. I was also pleased to read that you took the opportunity to explore our crystal clear waters with are rich with marine biodiversity.

We look forward to welcoming you to your home away in paradise for a third stay soon. Please be sure to email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are planning your next family escape and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at night son we didn't expect to see a great de. We were greeted by "the drumming" and a fire lit pathway to our check in desk. We were checked in, one minor hiccup was my request for a ground floor accomodation which they fixed immediately. We were then buggied to our room. The staff were beautiful amazing and couldn't be more helpful! It was night so I didn't know what to expect when the sun rose the next day and what we would see in our Lagoon view room but when we woke up tears of joy almost filled my eyes! STUNNING! The breakfast Buffet by far one of the best for variety and amazing coffee! Dinners great. ( visiting Navo tonight with husband) we are I. Awe of this resort, it's facilities, the rooms, the staff, the entertainment EVERY night just everything.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank bree5670
Bula bree5670,

Thank you for your lovely review. I was pleased to read that you and your family had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful sunrises and warm Fijian hospitality at Natadola Bay. I was also delighted to read that your family enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet and that you and your husband experienced dining in our signature restaurant, Navo.

It was a pleasure to have you and the team and I would be thrilled to welcome you back again soon! Please do email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

First and foremost, I would have to thank the Fiji Intercon and their staff for our holiday. I was absolutely above our expectations.

My wife, 3 boys (6,4,1) and I spent 9 days. Check in was warm, fast and efficient.

We were delivered to our interconnecting rooms. The rooms were very clean and beautiful. House keeping also kept them that way for the entire stay. We did have to move rooms as the first room was near the main bar and was very hard for the little kids and us to sleep with the music going till very late. Moved to a pool view room and it was great.

We ate at all of the outlets. Mostly in the Sanasana restaurant as this is where the kids eat free. Food was very good. My wife and I mostly ordered hear from the ala carte menu. We did have the Indian and Fijian buffets and they were pretty good.

Navo is a must. We ate here 3 times over the stay and each time the food and service was excellent. Didn't realise you can have breaky there also.

Toba was a great spot for causal dinning. Generally had lunch here. Was very easy with the kids lunches they provide.

Golf course was spectacular and a must do, even for a hacker like me. If you don't play, at least go up there for lunch. Beers were super cold and the food was good. Bus leaves every 1/2 hour from reception.

We did a number of other activities - Snorkeling, glass bottom boat, scuba dive, cave tours etc... and all were excellent.

KIDS CLUB - Awesome. Once we became comfortable with the idea of leaving the little ones, we regretted not doing it earlier. They look after them so well. It gave us some time to do adult things. The nanies were also amazing. We utilised them a couple of time at night. They mind the 3 while we go to Navo. Cant say enough good things about the kids club staff, activities staff and the nannies.

I could keep going on about every little detail, but I am starting to feel sad that I am not there!

Overall, the service from all the staff was impeccable. I cant really recall any FIJI TIME moments. The resort is in immaculate condition. The food great.

Heading back next year with out a doubt.

TIP: Join the Priority Privileges Club. The 50% off dinning is a real saver if you are there for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Kids Pool rooms and not that noisy. Better than the garden view rooms near the night club.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Ben9487
Bula Ben9487,

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I were delighted to read that your family had a wonderful holiday and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and services, especially our Planet Trekkers kids club. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed dining at our outlets and that you enjoyed trying out our golf course.

Your lovely feedback has been forwarded onto the team who will be delighted to hear from our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to Natadola Bay next year. Please do email me when you plan your next family getaway and I will see that team looks after you once more.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stunning property, beautifully kept grounds, perfect position, comfortable, large and private rooms. But- service, especially when ordering by the infinity pool, is very slow and inattentive. The staff walk around a lot but are not proactive nor intuitive. We asked for a menu, eventually got it ourselves as request is forgotten, no one comes back to take order, staff do not notice or choose to not notice that you have a menu in your hand and like to order..... Even when going up to the bar to give a coffee/drink order it never arrives. Have to order and stay there to get your drinks. The hotel could sell so much more if guests where actively approached and food/drinks offered and orders were actually delivered. The hotel was not full, not many guests around but we did not feel 'looked after'. 'Bulla/Fiji' time- not a good excuse. What a shame.

Room Tip: We loved our garden view room, more private and away from pool area. Guess only the ocean room would...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bula Marianne S,

We were disappointed to read about your experience with us and that you did not experience the true InterContinental Fiji experience. Your feedback about our service has been passed onto the relevant department heads to look into and we sincerely apologise. If you would like to discuss any of the issues further please do contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com.

Kind Regards,
Suva, Fiji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is the perfect escape. The rooms are clean and beautiful - you have your very own Cleopatra bath. The food is amazing. The adult pool is perfect. I stayed here for two days and had a very relaxing time. The beach is clean and there is always the infinity pool if you want. Most people seemed happy to just laze around and read. The hotel is large yet intimate.

The food is fantastic. We had seafood buffet for dinner - ah, the prawns!

The only 'negative' is that this is a bit isolated. It's about an hour's drive from Nadi airport (I think). But once you are there, you will just be happy to hang around at the resort. There is alot to do. You can pick from the beach, the infinity pool, bars, restaurants, or golf. They have entertainment at the resort as well and organise day trips. I didn't go anywhere - I was just happy to laze around.

The only reason I have not given this a five star is that we had to wait for an hour to get checked in as the room wasn't ready. I would love to go back but hope that their check-in services improve.

The hotel seems to cater for all kinds of travelers from business people to families and everyone seemed to have a good time. I think anyone would find very little to complain about. It's the perfect place to be if you want nothing to do but would still prefer to have comforts of technology :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bula Imarts,

Thank you for your feedback. We were thrilled to have you and that you had a great stay with us. I was also delighted to read that you had the opportunity to dine at our Sanasana restaurant for dinner – the Seafood Delight buffet certainly is an amazing experience! Your comment about your check-in experience has been noted and passed onto our Rooms Division head to look into.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay soon. Please do let me know when you plan your next trip and I will see that you and your friends are well taken care of.

Regina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the Outrigger on the Lagoon first, then moved to the InterContinental for the last 6 days we were in Fiji. It is only about 4 years old so everything still looks new, neat and clean.
Our room was about 12 steps from a pool and about half a block from the beach. I was in heaven and walked along the beach at least once a day. The beach we were nearest to was along the Sigatoka river where it joined into the ocean and you could see Sanasana village from that beach.
The food and service at the restaurant was good but we got tired of the same menu after a few days and in retrospect we should have had lunch at the golf course club house which is very nearby.
The last night we stayed there when we said our goodbyes, the staff sang us a song that was so beautiful it made me cry. Even though we didn't understand the words, we understood the warmth of these people. Never met anyone on staff that was not happy ... they live everyday in paradise.
I would absolutely recomment this resort to anyone lucky enough to travel to Fiji.

Room Tip: I don't believer there's a bad room location. We were close to the gym, pool and beach and...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fromregina
Bula Fromregina,

Vinaka vakalevu for your recommendation. The team and I were thrilled to read that your family had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities. I was also delighted to read that you experienced the warm and genuine hospitality of our team, and our food offerings.

Your lovely comments have been passed onto the team who are always excited to hear from our guests.

It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me when you plan your next trip and we will look after your family once more.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!