“Spacious and relaxing”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Spacious and relaxing”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned from here and we had a very relaxing time. We hadn't been to Fiji before so weren't sure what to expect from welcome to weather. The staff are friendly and accommodating and always happy to have a chat. No staff member will pass without saying Bula! We had a lagoon view room which was a lovely room with an outside bath and relaxing area (ground floor) but a number of the rooms have that facility and views over the beach or kids pool. It can be windy on the lagoon side but once you shut the door you don't hear it really. We used the kayaks and also did the snorkelling which was really good fun! Had two days of cloudy weather but it was always warm and if you are looking to chill it is easy to do so. There was a large family presence throughout the resort but that doesnt stop it being a place for couples as there is an adult only pool area and the restaurants have early time slots for meals with kids (pre 7:30). Totally recommend Navo for dinner. Food is excellent (from head chef Raj) as are the waiting staff - Kele in particular. You MUST try their Cabana special if you can - the seafood ws amazing. There are plenty of offsite activities if that is our thing and there is also a fantastic golf course and clubhouse (hosting their first pga tournament later this year). The spa was also very good and the massage was great. Totally worth a quick detour week there whilst we were visiting Australia. Vinaka and Moce.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
InterContinenta... F, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Bula UtahGimme2,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your lovely review! The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stopover in Fiji with us and our team’s warm and friendly hospitality. I was also thrilled to read that you enjoyed a romantic evening with a Seafood Sensation Cabana dinner – it certainly is an intimate way to experience the best seafood of Fiji.

Your comments have been forwarded onto the team, especially Chef Ritesh and Kele, who will be excited to hear from you.

We would love to welcome you to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (843)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It has to be one of the best beaches in the world. The food is good, the rooms large and private and the have a pool when its just adults which is nice. Love the outside bathtubs. We only had three days but it was good. Service is very friendly but can be patchy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front by the beach
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 84805PeterS84
Bula 84805PeterS84,

Thank you for writing us a review. The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your outdoor Cleopatra-style bath tubs and our warm hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next beach escape and I will see the team takes great care of you.

Sydney
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for a week at this resort, for our first visit to Fiji. The property is only 5 years old and spread out across lush, tropical gardens. The magic starts from the moment you arrive and the friendliness never ends. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed, with an outside bath. The resort is extremely family friendly with a great nanny service. There is a beautiful, relaxing spa and a good choice of restaurants. Navo restaurant is a must-do - and absolute highlight of our trip. There is a good number of activities available for both children as well as entertainment in the evenings which highlights local culture.
The resort is on a gorgeous, white sandy beach, with very close access to coral reef. The property is fairly remotely located so is ideal to completely unwind and relax.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank EJK80
InterContinenta... F, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Bula EJK80,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us a review. The team and I were pleased to read that you family had a wonderful holiday with us and that you enjoyed your first experience in Fiji. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our world class Spa InterContinental and dining in our signature restaurant, Navo – it certainly is an amazing and intimate experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay again soon. Please email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next family holiday and I will see that the team takes great care of your family once again.

Gold coast
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Bula!
I have just returned from my 15th visit to fiji but my 1st visit to the intercontinental. We stayed in the club in a plunge pool suite, there are no words to describe how amazing this resort is. The moment you arrive till the moment you leave, you are treated like family, nothing is ever a problem and you truely are in paradise. The staff in the club were exceptional, Eroni was an absolute asset to this resort along with Rarakesh the manager. My heart is aching to be back there now, I have been to many places in fiji over the 15 times and I can assure you this is THE best in fiji.
Vinaka Vakalevu
Tiffany and Andrew

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FIJILUVER
Bula FIJILUVER,

Thank you for your lovely review! The team and I were pleased to read that you and Tiffany enjoyed your first stay with us and that you enjoyed our warm and genuine Fijian hospitality. Your comments, along with Tiffany’s, have been passed onto the team, especially Eroni and Ravikash, who will be delighted to hear from you both. We look forward to welcome you back on your 16th visit to Fiji again soon. Please be sure to contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Intercontinental club suites 5th April till 12 April.
We stayed here at the same time last year and loved it so much we came back.
The resort staff and settings are first class.
Snorkelling off the beach is a site to behold with wonderful coral and and vast assortment of fish to see with great clarity. The staff running the trip were very informative and made sure to point out all the different types of Coral and fish types.
The club suites are well worth a splurge, the serenity and views are stunning. The infinity pool is to die for.
Down the hill in the main resort is fantastic with many more pools and bars to choose from. We could not recommend a visit here more! We will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: All the club rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank melbourne2010
Bula melbourne2010,

Vinaka vakalevu for your recommendation and staying with us once more! The team and I were thrilled to read that your family had another wonderful experience in our premier Club InterContinental rooms. I was also pleased to read that you took the opportunity to explore our crystal clear waters with are rich with marine biodiversity.

We look forward to welcoming you to your home away in paradise for a third stay soon. Please be sure to email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are planning your next family escape and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at night son we didn't expect to see a great de. We were greeted by "the drumming" and a fire lit pathway to our check in desk. We were checked in, one minor hiccup was my request for a ground floor accomodation which they fixed immediately. We were then buggied to our room. The staff were beautiful amazing and couldn't be more helpful! It was night so I didn't know what to expect when the sun rose the next day and what we would see in our Lagoon view room but when we woke up tears of joy almost filled my eyes! STUNNING! The breakfast Buffet by far one of the best for variety and amazing coffee! Dinners great. ( visiting Navo tonight with husband) we are I. Awe of this resort, it's facilities, the rooms, the staff, the entertainment EVERY night just everything.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank bree5670
Bula bree5670,

Thank you for your lovely review. I was pleased to read that you and your family had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful sunrises and warm Fijian hospitality at Natadola Bay. I was also delighted to read that your family enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet and that you and your husband experienced dining in our signature restaurant, Navo.

It was a pleasure to have you and the team and I would be thrilled to welcome you back again soon! Please do email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

First and foremost, I would have to thank the Fiji Intercon and their staff for our holiday. I was absolutely above our expectations.

My wife, 3 boys (6,4,1) and I spent 9 days. Check in was warm, fast and efficient.

We were delivered to our interconnecting rooms. The rooms were very clean and beautiful. House keeping also kept them that way for the entire stay. We did have to move rooms as the first room was near the main bar and was very hard for the little kids and us to sleep with the music going till very late. Moved to a pool view room and it was great.

We ate at all of the outlets. Mostly in the Sanasana restaurant as this is where the kids eat free. Food was very good. My wife and I mostly ordered hear from the ala carte menu. We did have the Indian and Fijian buffets and they were pretty good.

Navo is a must. We ate here 3 times over the stay and each time the food and service was excellent. Didn't realise you can have breaky there also.

Toba was a great spot for causal dinning. Generally had lunch here. Was very easy with the kids lunches they provide.

Golf course was spectacular and a must do, even for a hacker like me. If you don't play, at least go up there for lunch. Beers were super cold and the food was good. Bus leaves every 1/2 hour from reception.

We did a number of other activities - Snorkeling, glass bottom boat, scuba dive, cave tours etc... and all were excellent.

KIDS CLUB - Awesome. Once we became comfortable with the idea of leaving the little ones, we regretted not doing it earlier. They look after them so well. It gave us some time to do adult things. The nanies were also amazing. We utilised them a couple of time at night. They mind the 3 while we go to Navo. Cant say enough good things about the kids club staff, activities staff and the nannies.

I could keep going on about every little detail, but I am starting to feel sad that I am not there!

Overall, the service from all the staff was impeccable. I cant really recall any FIJI TIME moments. The resort is in immaculate condition. The food great.

Heading back next year with out a doubt.

TIP: Join the Priority Privileges Club. The 50% off dinning is a real saver if you are there for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Kids Pool rooms and not that noisy. Better than the garden view rooms near the night club.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Ben9487
Bula Ben9487,

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I were delighted to read that your family had a wonderful holiday and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and services, especially our Planet Trekkers kids club. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed dining at our outlets and that you enjoyed trying out our golf course.

Your lovely feedback has been forwarded onto the team who will be delighted to hear from our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to Natadola Bay next year. Please do email me when you plan your next family getaway and I will see that team looks after you once more.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!