“Stunning hotel! Coral Coast a must see!”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were lucky enough to spend 4 nights at the Intercontinental and the pictures don't do this hotel justice.....it is stunning and i'm not easily impressed! The beach is white sand and crystal clear water with amazing snorkelling right from the beach. The adults pool is right on the beach and stunning. would be a great spot for families or couples. We hope to stay again one day. Only down side is the hotel is very isolated, so stock up on water and snacks in Nadi before arriving as food and drinks are expensive as you would expect. But overall an amazing hotel if your not on a tight budget otherwise stay elsewhere on the coral coast as it is amazing!

• Stayed: June 2014
InterContinenta... F, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Bula Miranda M,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your feedback! It was a delight to have you and to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed exploring our beach – voted as one of the world’s top 25 beaches by Forbes in 2008 and our crystal clear waters rich with marine biodiversity! We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next trip and I will see that you are well looked after once again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our 2yo son. Excellent service, very friendly and welcoming, especially for little people. The pool is amazing and great for kids of all ages. The beach is excellent too. I really enjoyed the evening performances (singing, dancing, etc) and fire lighting. I'm not really one to do the resort experience, but this place nails it, I had a very relaxing and rejuvenating stay. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: With kids it was worth staying near the family pool. (The resort is fairly large to walk around)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Bula troy p,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I was delighted to read that your family had a wonderful and relaxing holiday with us and that you enjoyed our team’s warm Fijian hospitality. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next family getaway and I will see that your family is well taken care of once more.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels if not the best on Viti Levu. It has its own beach (albeit public). We stayed in a standard room which was superb with its own large balcony overlooking the childrens' pool. We deliberately stayed here outside the Australian school terms which means the hotel was relatively empty. The childrens' pool was quiet and we never had to queue for a seat at breakfast.

The Navo restaurant is very expensive as other reviewers have noted, but I strongly recommend at least one night as the food was superb.

There is snorkelling just off the beach and off the adjoining island, with a wide variety of fish. Recommend that you also take the island tour and scuba diving lessons. Tip - the snorkelling off the beach is great - you just need to swim the length of the beach in front of the hotel and you will see abundant fish everywhere.

We did have the occasional local try to sell their wares on the beach but they were not insistent and always polite and friendly.

The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. They ensured that only hotel guests used the beds just off the beach (there was a cruise ship in town and they tried to use the beds but the staff were on to them), and strictly enforced access to the adults only pool.

My only adverse comment is that the gym is very small and one senior manager in the hotel was using the gym every night. I don't know if the hotel allows its staff to use the hotel facilities, and that is their prerogative, but this gentlemen used the same equipment every night for an extended period denying the rest of us use of the same.

The restaurants are expensive but this is a first rate hotel so is expected. If you do not have budget constraints you will not be disappointed with this hotel. Although it is on the main island you still get that "island" feeling, unlike that artificial construct of Denarau.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the beach as you have passers-by walking on the beach and the lawns in front of the r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip M

Bula Philip M,

Thank you for your feedback. The team and I were pleased to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed snorkeling in our crystal clear waters and took the opportunity to dine at our signature restaurant, Navo.

We would love to see you back on Natadola Bay again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next holiday and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Bula! Great hotel with great staff.

few things to note. room service take a longer time, you need to check your bills carefully when signing them most of the times they are with few add-ons by mistake.

Spa was great, I feel its bit highly priced compared to other 5* hotels in other part of the world.

Rooms are great, specious.

Room Tip: Beach view is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shanika V

Bula Shanika V,

Thank you for your review. The team and I were pleased to read that you had a wonderful family holiday with us here on Natadola Bay and that you also enjoyed our warm and genuine Fijian hospitality. Your comments about room service have been noted and will be passed onto the relevant department heads to address.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next family escape and I will see that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

From the time we arrived to the time we left was a 5* experience, amazing sums it up. From the themed dinner nights to fine dining to bar and grill we did it all. Sam and Wise from Planet Trekkers were amazing. The beach is great and all facilities were amazing. Special thanks to Sam, Wise, Joe, James, Lai and Rodney for their special attention you gave to our kids,they miss you already. To the dive team you were awesome got 3 dives in and wish I had time to do more. Best Holiday ever had. See you next year.

Room Tip: I dont think there would be a bad room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank clair1976

Bula clair1976,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The team and I were delighted to read that your family had a wonderful holiday with us and that you really enjoyed our facilities and service. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team, especially Sam, Wise, Joe, James, Lai and Rodney, who I’m certain will be excited to hear from you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcome your family back next year. Please do not hesitate to contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you decide your next travel dates and I will see that your family is well looked after once again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned from here and we had a very relaxing time. We hadn't been to Fiji before so weren't sure what to expect from welcome to weather. The staff are friendly and accommodating and always happy to have a chat. No staff member will pass without saying Bula! We had a lagoon view room which was a lovely room with an outside bath and relaxing area (ground floor) but a number of the rooms have that facility and views over the beach or kids pool. It can be windy on the lagoon side but once you shut the door you don't hear it really. We used the kayaks and also did the snorkelling which was really good fun! Had two days of cloudy weather but it was always warm and if you are looking to chill it is easy to do so. There was a large family presence throughout the resort but that doesnt stop it being a place for couples as there is an adult only pool area and the restaurants have early time slots for meals with kids (pre 7:30). Totally recommend Navo for dinner. Food is excellent (from head chef Raj) as are the waiting staff - Kele in particular. You MUST try their Cabana special if you can - the seafood ws amazing. There are plenty of offsite activities if that is our thing and there is also a fantastic golf course and clubhouse (hosting their first pga tournament later this year). The spa was also very good and the massage was great. Totally worth a quick detour week there whilst we were visiting Australia. Vinaka and Moce.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Bula UtahGimme2,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your lovely review! The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stopover in Fiji with us and our team’s warm and friendly hospitality. I was also thrilled to read that you enjoyed a romantic evening with a Seafood Sensation Cabana dinner – it certainly is an intimate way to experience the best seafood of Fiji.

Your comments have been forwarded onto the team, especially Chef Ritesh and Kele, who will be excited to hear from you.

We would love to welcome you to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

It has to be one of the best beaches in the world. The food is good, the rooms large and private and the have a pool when its just adults which is nice. Love the outside bathtubs. We only had three days but it was good. Service is very friendly but can be patchy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front by the beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 84805PeterS84

Bula 84805PeterS84,

Thank you for writing us a review. The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your outdoor Cleopatra-style bath tubs and our warm hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next beach escape and I will see the team takes great care of you.

Area General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
#1 of 4 in Korolevu
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!