“I could have stayed forever!”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Draper, Utah
“I could have stayed forever!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

When we decided on this trip I was a bit hesitant, quite a haul from Utah. Dreaded the flights, etc...We had our fair share of hiccups in the beginning. I think some details were lost in translation. However, the staff was very apologetic and went out of their way to ensure the rest of our time with them went with out any issues. They exceeded every expectation I had. Upon arrival on a Thursday the Bell staff informed us that they had no record of our arrival until Sunday. Please proceed to the Reception area...Reception basically told us the same thing, but give us a minute we will prepare a room. A very nice lady escorts us down to breakfast and within about an hour voila, she appears again with room keys very apologetic and informs us that our luggage has been delivered to the room. Once finished with a lovely breakfast at Sansana, (highly recommend the chocolate croissants and the coffee tastes divine), We proceeded to our room. No luggage upon arrival, so we called, " oh yes, they were delivered", it appears to the wrong room. Within about 5 minutes the luggage is delivered. About 5 more minutes and we receive a knock on the door. Housekeeping informing us that if we are not going to check out, we must extend with the front desk. "We just arrived and aren't planning on going anywhere", " oh I see, my apologies, I will inform them". A bit of confusion. During this initial 4 hours we were treated very kind, with many apologies and they did come through for us. Seems they just needed to communicate with a few key people. Things to know about the room, bed was comfortable, clean linens, 4 king sized down pillows, had 5 great nights of sleep. Basic amenities inside the room, ironing board and iron, blow dryer, robes, wet bar area with a few offerings that you are charged for. Tile floors throughout. Patios are quite nice with a lounge bed and large tub, a nice curtain type draw for privacy. Not the best I have ever had also, not the worst. Once unpacked and arranged we headed to the adult pool, this was about 1PM Fiji time. There was plenty of seating available and plenty of shade also an amazing view of the Ocean. This is where we spent the next 5 days. Adult pool is very cold, Ocean is like a bath tub. There was one day when they ran out of towels, I think this is only because several people request multiple towels each morning. You don't see much on the lounge chair saving which was nice for a change. Also, something I noticed was there are no smokers. If there were they were very respectful of other guests. US Citizens, first thing you have to learn about is Fiji Time. The hustle and bustle of our everyday lives does not exist here, this is a much slower pace than even Maui Time. After about 11 AM service starts out at the pool and in the Toba restaurant. We made a dear friend here that will forever be a part of our hearts and souls, Saula. My eyes fill with tears thinking about the experience that this young man provided us. He wasn't the only one, there were many others whose names I don't recall or didn't write down. Every one made us feel so welcomed, it was like returning home to a family we had never met. I can not rave enough about the service and friendliness and kindness we received at this resort. Grounds are spectacular and very well maintained. Enjoyed all meals, suggest the curry beef dish at Toba and the pizzas were awesome! Also enjoyed the fish and chips, we ordered both the fish and chips and a pizza each day for lunch. The ice tea was also a hit, very different, but delicious. NZ Ice Cream bar was a fun stop each night before bed, and cocktails at the Kama Lounge each night for the Fire Lighting Ceremony, which I suggest seeing. The Resort is very isolated from anything outside of it's walls, about 40 minutes into Nadi and 20 min into Sigatoka. Would I go back? Of course without hesitation just for the people alone, I only wish it was closer to a 5 hour flight. My entire Fiji experience out ranks any others and I credit that to the people of Sansana Village and others who work at the Intercontinental who have permanently left a mark on my life.

Room Tip: We were in 1514. Ground level with a nice view of the children's pool. We were happy with this...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thegasgod_slcut
InterContinenta... F, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Bula thegasgod_slcut,

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner to stay with us in Fiji all the way from Utah! We were also thrilled to read that you both enjoyed our team’s warm Fijian hospitality and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and services. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, especially Saula, who I’m sure will be excited to hear from you.

It was a pleasure to have you and we would love to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next romantic getaway and I will see that you are well looked after once again.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife, toddler and i stayed here for 7 nights in a beachfront 1 bedroom suite at the end of May 2014. The room was decent with a large balcony however the view was heavily obscured due to the thick canopy of palms and trees. We requested a first floor balcony suite as our toddler run's everywhere and the ground floor rooms have no enclosed area to keep them from the water.
The lagoon rooms seem a better option for views, yet miss a lot of the sun during the day. The aircon in the room worked well which was great as during the day if the doors were open we seemed to be inundated with wasps…perhaps there was a nest nearby? I don't know. The bed was average, after 4 night's my back was sore and i couldn't wait to get home to our's.

Unfortunately the food at the resort is extremely sub standard for the price payed. There are few dining options outside the resort so you are left with Sanasana and Toba unless you want to fork out a minimum $100 aussie (per head) for a decent meal at Navo every night.
Toba's food was seriously bad. The only thing they did remotely ok was the beef burger. Pizza, pastas, sandwiches and curry was rubbish.
The buffet at sanasana was ok for breakfast but the dinner buffet's were woeful and although differently themed, seemed much the same each night.
We ate at Navo one night and it was beautiful, we just couldn't afford to eat there every night!
I should mention that the Fijian staff were lovely and were happy to try and accommodate any requests, the chef's just found it hard to back up.
If the food at Sanasana/Toba was $15-$20(aus) less per meal i could understand the quality however it is not.
The resort is in a nice location and the grounds are well kept and relatively peaceful.
The pool (both kids & adult) was freezing - hard to stay in unless the sun was blazing.
The daily cleaning service was pretty average, but for the $$ the Fijian Intercontinental employees seem to earn, i am not surprised.
Check out was painful, it took a good 25 minutes as they could not get my lunch bill from the same day to the front desk.
My wife had a beautiful facial at the spa and the facilities there were nice. The golf course is of a great standard but don't just go there for lunch as the food once again was below average (the views are nice though).
Babysitting service is definitely worthwhile, the ladies were lovely as was the kids club.
Considering that this is meant to be a 5 star resort, they certainly miss the mark and just don't stack up. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Unless you want a Club Villa, try the Lagoon rooms right next to Navo or the Beachfront rooms right...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank nZed808
Bula Nathan Z,

Thank you for your feedback. The team and I were disappointed to read that you and your family were not satisfied with your recent experience on Natadola Bay. I wish to assure you that your feedback is invaluable and has been forwarded to the team to address.

I was pleased however to read that your wife enjoyed Spa InterContinental and that your child enjoyed our Planet Trekkers kids club and babysitting services. Please feel free to contact me directly on erik.stuebe@ihg.com if you feel to discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a holiday, honeymoon, relaxation, recreation, and family reunions. In this case we returned to the Intercontinental to spend time with some very good friends visiting Fiji for the first time. Together we were celebrating our wedding anniversarys. From the moment we arrived, we were in paradise. Thank you for the beautiful chilled bottle of wine and champagne to help with celebrating our wedding anniversary.

The Intercontinental never missed a beat. We were warmly greeted and welcomed as soon as we arrived, and gently guided to the reception in which we were each given a fabulous bottle of chilled and refreshing Fiji Water.

While here we enjoyed the infinity pool, walks along Natadola beach, relaxing in the Spa, exercising in the fitness room, the evening fire lighting ceremony and entertainment. The most unexpected and beautiful experience was hearing the voices of the villagers singing hymns in Fijian early Sunday morning. Their ethereal pristine voices carried over the glassy lagoon reaching into the horizon greeting the morning sunrise. Fiji is profoundly beautiful.

We dined at all three restaurants, but the Navo was our favorite. The breakfast menu had both traditional and some unqiue Fijian culinary influence. We could always count on Jona, Sam, and Vaulina for providing excellent service. We want to thank Abraham Hendry for suggesting that we try the Navo for breakfast; it was fabulous. And if the Navo is fabulous for breakfast, it is spectacular for dinner. Our delightful hostess, Lusiana, guided us through the restaurant showing us Navo's collection of wine and fresh seafood. Our waiter, Ben, did a great job of serving and attending to our needs. There was a time when the Sofitel's Restaurant V was a good restaurant, but in recent times both food and service has been suffering. It is a fantastic discovery to find that the Intercontinental Fiji Navo restaurant is elegant dining at its best.

One of the things that separates a good hotel from an excellent one is how quickly they respond when things don't go as planned. One day we could not get any hot water. After struggling for 15 minutes, I called for assistance. I barely got off the phone and we had two maintenance men at the door. We were quite impressed. Professional, courteous, and very fast.

Not only do we like the layout of the rooms at Natadola, but the cleaning staff, Miri, did an excellent job keeping the rooms immaculate and well supplied with Fiji Water and Pure Fiji. We really appreciate the thoughtful amenities and the wonderful management and staff of the Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa.

Room Tip: If you have children, try to stay close to the pool on the children's end. If you enjoy a bit mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 12Safari
Bula 12Safari,

Thank you for your recommendation and writing a review! The team and I were delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make your wedding anniversary a special and memorable occasion. I was also delighted to read that you all enjoyed dining at our signature restaurant, Navo; and had the opportunity to hear the voices of the locals who are blessed with natural ability.

I will be sure to pass on your comments onto the team, especially Jona, Sam, Vaulina, Abraham and Miri, who I’m sure will be excited to hear from you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay on Natadola Bay again soon. Please do contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are planning your next trip and I will see that you are well looked after again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were lucky enough to spend 4 nights at the Intercontinental and the pictures don't do this hotel justice.....it is stunning and i'm not easily impressed! The beach is white sand and crystal clear water with amazing snorkelling right from the beach. The adults pool is right on the beach and stunning. would be a great spot for families or couples. We hope to stay again one day. Only down side is the hotel is very isolated, so stock up on water and snacks in Nadi before arriving as food and drinks are expensive as you would expect. But overall an amazing hotel if your not on a tight budget otherwise stay elsewhere on the coral coast as it is amazing!

• Stayed June 2014
Bula Miranda M,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your feedback! It was a delight to have you and to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed exploring our beach – voted as one of the world’s top 25 beaches by Forbes in 2008 and our crystal clear waters rich with marine biodiversity! We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next trip and I will see that you are well looked after once again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our 2yo son. Excellent service, very friendly and welcoming, especially for little people. The pool is amazing and great for kids of all ages. The beach is excellent too. I really enjoyed the evening performances (singing, dancing, etc) and fire lighting. I'm not really one to do the resort experience, but this place nails it, I had a very relaxing and rejuvenating stay. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: With kids it was worth staying near the family pool. (The resort is fairly large to walk around)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bula troy p,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I was delighted to read that your family had a wonderful and relaxing holiday with us and that you enjoyed our team’s warm Fijian hospitality. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next family getaway and I will see that your family is well taken care of once more.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels if not the best on Viti Levu. It has its own beach (albeit public). We stayed in a standard room which was superb with its own large balcony overlooking the childrens' pool. We deliberately stayed here outside the Australian school terms which means the hotel was relatively empty. The childrens' pool was quiet and we never had to queue for a seat at breakfast.

The Navo restaurant is very expensive as other reviewers have noted, but I strongly recommend at least one night as the food was superb.

There is snorkelling just off the beach and off the adjoining island, with a wide variety of fish. Recommend that you also take the island tour and scuba diving lessons. Tip - the snorkelling off the beach is great - you just need to swim the length of the beach in front of the hotel and you will see abundant fish everywhere.

We did have the occasional local try to sell their wares on the beach but they were not insistent and always polite and friendly.

The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. They ensured that only hotel guests used the beds just off the beach (there was a cruise ship in town and they tried to use the beds but the staff were on to them), and strictly enforced access to the adults only pool.

My only adverse comment is that the gym is very small and one senior manager in the hotel was using the gym every night. I don't know if the hotel allows its staff to use the hotel facilities, and that is their prerogative, but this gentlemen used the same equipment every night for an extended period denying the rest of us use of the same.

The restaurants are expensive but this is a first rate hotel so is expected. If you do not have budget constraints you will not be disappointed with this hotel. Although it is on the main island you still get that "island" feeling, unlike that artificial construct of Denarau.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the beach as you have passers-by walking on the beach and the lawns in front of the r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip M
Bula Philip M,

Thank you for your feedback. The team and I were pleased to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed snorkeling in our crystal clear waters and took the opportunity to dine at our signature restaurant, Navo.

We would love to see you back on Natadola Bay again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next holiday and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Dubai
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Bula! Great hotel with great staff.

few things to note. room service take a longer time, you need to check your bills carefully when signing them most of the times they are with few add-ons by mistake.

Spa was great, I feel its bit highly priced compared to other 5* hotels in other part of the world.

Rooms are great, specious.

Room Tip: Beach view is the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shanika V
Bula Shanika V,

Thank you for your review. The team and I were pleased to read that you had a wonderful family holiday with us here on Natadola Bay and that you also enjoyed our warm and genuine Fijian hospitality. Your comments about room service have been noted and will be passed onto the relevant department heads to address.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next family escape and I will see that you are well looked after.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!