“Wish I stayed here”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Savai'i, Samoa
“Wish I stayed here”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Attended the BFTE held here in May 2013 and love the look of this resort and its grounds. Didn't get to stay here as it was fully booked by most that attended the conference, so my fault for not booking in advance ! During the 3 days of the meeting , they assigned us to dine at the different restaurants on site and all meals were well prepared and delicious. The opening & closing function was well catered for and entertaining ! Would definitely book to stay here

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LeLagoto
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Bula upolusavaiian,

Vinaka vakalevu for your lovely review, albeit some time after your first visit! We would love to welcome you back to our sunny shores for a holiday in the near future. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you decide on your travel dates and I will see that the team looks after you.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is an amazing place to stay. The staff are so nice and they treat you with sweet hospitality. Breakfast buffet is really nice in Sanasana Restaurant, and the beach bar/grille has really good pizza and fish and chips.

We loved sitting in Kama Lounge at evening and listening to a local band called "Tulo Trio". Lovely view of the ocean and cool breeze makes it so relaxing.

The fire lighting ceremony at Kama Beachfront is also worth watching in the evening.

Our room was so nice. I love the flow of the room and our porch had amazing ocean views.

The pool and ocean were easy to walk to and very relaxing beach chairs by the pool.

The staff is one of the things that makes this resort so much fun! They are truly there to serve and make your vacation a trip in paradise!

I will stay here again and tell my friends about how wonderful it is.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bula luv2vacation2014,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The team and I were pleased to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality. I was also delighted to read that you found our daily entertainment enjoyable and that you both loved our food and beverage offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you are planning your next romantic escape and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We have just spent 8 of the most beautiful days at this resort. I cannot say a bad word and only have praise for the amazing staff that continually go out of there way to make your stay exceptional.
This is the second year we have stayed at the Intercontinental Fiji and it has improved in every area. But the thing we adored the most was the magnificent staff. Tanela was our porter this year and would take us instantly wherever we wanted to go. He is an amazingly kind and caring person to us and our three young children. Last year he was working in activities and he went out of his way to make sure our children were having fun . He taught them so much about the Fiji way of life, their love of sports , particularly rugby and weaved them all hats, baskets, windmills and boats. The care and commitment Taniela shows to his job is amazing.
Jonathon at Toba bar was also brilliant. There was no Fiji time at Toba. Our drinks were always delivered extremely fast and were exactly what we asked for. Saula and Moses and Pecali were also fantastic and attentive to our needs. The pizzas and children's meals and salads for lunch at Toba were amazing. I would highly recommend this pool side dining . Sanasana restaurant for breakfast and dinner has improved 100% from last year. There is something for everyone there from the oldest to the youngest people. The choice is incredible! It's great to see beautiful fresh produce available! Even the kids Buffett was enough to satisfy the pickiest of children. The chocolate fountain had to be one the highlights for my children. The chefs there are only to happy to help. The chef who makes the and poached eggs in the morning is a superstar. They are devine! Navo is also and incredible dining experience. It is a little more expensive but worth every dollar. Gavin was our fantastic waiter and should be commended on his excellent knowledge of the menu and service. Joe and Wise were terrific in activities, constantly encouraging the children and involving them in events particularly hermit crab racing. After all it is the race that stops the nation!! Firelighting ceremony is also a highlight not to be missed.
We had a lagoon view room and it was incredible. Beautiful view and quiet. We also had many visits to the day spa and indulged in many massages and treatments and the girls there are true professionals.
We will return to the intercontinental Fiji . It is heaven on earth for adults and children alike. We will miss the beautiful staff that have become our friends and will always have a very special place in our hearts.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Glenn F
Bula Glenn F,

Vinaka vakalevu for your lovely review about your second experience with us! The team and I were delighted to read that your family had another wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our resort facilities and services. I was also thrilled to read that your family enjoyed our food and beverage offerings and enjoyed our Spa InterContinental.

I will be sure to pass on your comments onto the team, especially Taniela, Jonathan, Saula, Moses, Peceli and Gavin, who will be excited to hear from you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away in paradise again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next family holiday and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in June for 5 nights. We were there for the wedding of two of our good friends. The wedding was amazing and I know the couple were so happy with everything - so congratulations to the wedding co-ordinator Ema.

Whilst the hotel was very pretty and the rooms were lovely, we were both a little disappointed. It was our first ever stay in a five star resort so maybe our expectations were too high. We found it a little bit impersonal.

Perhaps we were just unlucky but our room (a pool view room) was surrounded by babies that cried through the night and were woken early each day by squealing children in the pool. We were originally in a Garden View room but upgraded to Pool View as I had joined Ambassador Gold. In hindsite, staying in the Garden View room would probably been more restful.

I had a fall on some steps that were slippery wet from the rain and badly sprained my ankle. So be careful if you're walking around during or after rain.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms were very noisy as it's facing on to the family pool so we were woken early with...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ellecelle
Bula ellecelle,

Thank you for your review. The team and I were pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you both enjoyed your friend’s memorable occasion. Your comments regarding noise and safety have been forwarded onto the team for their attention and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Your lovely comments about the wedding have been forwarded onto the team, especially Ema, who I’m sure will be delighted to hear from you.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in paradise again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after.

Kind Regards,
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We recently stayed here as part of our trip to Fiji. We had stayed at the Sofitel in Denarau first & then came to the Intercontinental.

We had a few issues when we arrived. Firstly, my husband is a Platinum member of their rewards program (the top tier) but when we arrived they told us he was only Classic. It took us quite some time to get this sorted. As part of being Platinum, we are supposed to be upgraded if available. The hotel clearly wasn't anywhere near full but we weren't upgraded. When we asked about it they told us they would get back to us. The next day, when we hadn't heard anything, my husband asked again & they said they would get back to us. They never did.

When we arrived at our room, we were really disappointed to see a whole heap of furniture piled up outside our door. We had chosen the Garden View room because it was the only room with two beds & we were travelling with two small children. It turned out, the view from our room was straight into another room so it didn't feel overly private. The other frustration was that the room had double beds but the pillows were obviously designed for the kings beds in the other room because the two pillows didn't fit on the bed, they hung over the edge.

The staff were a bit hit & miss here. Some of the staff we encountered were fantastic. The staff at the Toba Bar & Grill were fantastic. Very friendly, excellent service & great food. We ended up eating most of our meals there. The staff we encountered in Sanasana were hit & miss. Some were friendly, some made you feel like you were an inconvenience.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. A beautiful location, great facilities. The pool areas were beautiful. My husband and I managed to get some snorkelling in while the kids were at Kids Club one morning & it was really nice.

We were only there for a few days & wish we'd been there longer. The place is so big that by the time we had settled & really worked out what was going on, we were leaving.

This would be an amazing place to have a romantic couples holiday or to even get married (gorgeous chapel). Not as "family oriented" as the Sofitel but still a wonderful place to stay.

Despite the issues when we arrived we still really enjoyed the Intercontinental. We will go back but we definitely would book a different room.

Room Tip: Look at the Priority Privilege card before booking - you'll save a heap.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gracie5star
Bula gracie5star,

Thank you for your review. The team and I were pleased to read that your family had a wonderful holiday with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed our Planet Trekkers kids club and took the opportunity to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Natadola Bay. Your comments about service quality and your room have been forwarded onto our Rooms and F&B Directors address and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for another stay in paradise again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

3rd time to Fiji (previously stayed at Intercontinental), first to Sofitel. We broke this trip up to a week Coral Coast - Intercontinental and a week Sofitel. (This review will be used for both hotels). Sofitel - booked a deal for less than $200 a night Luxury Family Room. Best points: Kids sleeping area (we have a 3 year old), Water slide, Management quick to respond to any issues (apart from last day - no wake up call, late to pick up our things from room), Bula Bus great. Don't miss the movie night - outside. All the activities-especially for the kids. Cheap Kids Club. Worst Points: Nothing really bad - room more 4 star, some staff excellent, others (mostly Indian Fijian) not as friendly. Beach not the best. Food expensive BUT cheaper than Intercontinental (Recommend eat out some nights at Golf Club and Port).
Intercontinental: Booked a deal for $280 a night. Best Points: Great big room, staff extremely friendly (big improvement since visit 2 years ago), Management responded to an email and offered a good deal on roll away for 3 year old. Village Tour, Beach good and pools great for adults/kids. Even when crowded it feels personal and you get to know everyone in the resort. Kids welcome to be "warriors" for fire lighting dance. Worst points: The room can never have the light completely blocked out and I wake up easily - so curtains in room would help keep it dark. Expensive Food and kids club is 3 x more expensive than Sofitel. Also, get a Taxi from airport for $65 FJD agaist a Hotel booked transfer for 3 or 4 times more.
Intercon V Sofitel: No clear winner and you will enjoy both as depends on what you want but although both say they are 5 star the Intercon is a star above. If you have kids perhaps Sofitel just and if without Kids and wanting a romantic get away I would say Intercon. Both however are great and go with the best deal.

Room Tip: All rooms are great so you can't go wrong :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Craig R
Bula Craig R,

Thank you for your lovely recommendation. The team and I were pleased to read that your family had a wonderful experience with us and that your children enjoyed being ‘warriors’ for our daily fire lighting ceremony. For your next stay I recommend purchasing a Priority Privilege card which has some great benefits including up to 50% discount on food and beverages across all IHG properties. We would love to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please feel free to email me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next family holiday and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

A superb resort situated on a beautiful beach with excellent facilities.We particularly enjoyed Navo Restaurant and the nearby Natadola Golf Course with it's scenic but challenging layout.Having visited Fiji many times we can thoroughly recommend this resort.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert N
Bula Robert N,

Thank you for writing us a review. The team and I were pleased to read that you and your partner had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also delighted to read that you both enjoyed an intimate dining experience at our signature restaurant, Navo, and took on the challenge of our Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course.

I will be sure to pass on your comments on to the team who will be delighted to hear from you.

We look forward to sharing our little piece of paradise with you again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan to return and I will see that the team takes great care of you again.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!