InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
“Unsure”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We pre paid for 3 rooms several months ago, one club and the other 2 to be interconnecting or close by to each other. When we arrived there was a mix up and after going to the front desk 3 times over the next few days this was not resolved. We are returning guests. 99% of the staff are amazing, especially at the club but unfortunately there is one in reservations who did not seem to want to help us. 1200 AUD a night for a club room is a big call and am not sure if it is worth it but maybe during school holidays as it's busy everywhere in the resort. We have enjoyed the resort, activities are expensive but that is to be expected and the food has been good. It just would have been nice for the family to have been closer after the request was put in a long time ago.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vshearer
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Vshearer,

Bula and thank you for your writing about your recent experience with us. The team and I were delighted to welcome you back to the resort for another stay in our premier Club InterContinental rooms and facilities.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the shortfall that you experienced upon arrival with your rooms and we do apologise for the inconvenienced caused.

We hope to welcome you back for another family holiday which is more reflective of our true InterContinental Fiji experience. Please do contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next trip and I will see that your family is well taken care of.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Really just an update on our previous stays. Once again we decided to stay at the IC Fiji for our winter holidays (5th year running) and didn’t regret it at all!
This time I reserved a Beach front room and was upgraded to a beach front suite as per my Plat Ambassador status – absolutely stunning with the beach 10 metres from your door, my children loved it!
Service once again was impeccable, very friendly and welcoming. At reception they now tell you that they are going to do a pre-authorisation on your credit card for your stay, so no surprises during your stay that your credit card will get tapped out if you buy something somewhere else.
I must say that the food has improved even more over the two restaurants we used, Sanasana and Toba. Coffee is especially good at Sanasana at breakfast time and lunch at Toba is very nice.
Friday nights live 4 piece band at the Karma lounge are fantastic and we wished that they played every night!
I must say that when a representative from IC says to send an email to them when you expect to return next time (on Tripadvisor) they really mean it. I emailed Scott Williams on the off chance and received an email from him later on in the day to say he was now in China but would forward my email to the hotel, which was much appreciated.
Overall another excellent stay – hopefully we will be back next year!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sebcat14
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Bula Sebcat14,

Thank you for your loyalty and lovely feedback. The team and I were delighted to welcome you back for a fifth stay with us and that your family had a wonderful holiday. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your beachfront suite and our resort entertainment.

We would love to welcome you back to your little home away in paradise again next year! Please feel free to contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a magnificent stay at the Intercontinental Fiji Resort. We simply cannot fault the impeccable service, food, staff, room and facilities. This was our first time on the coral coast and the beach was amazing. We will definitely be back and highly recommend this magnificent resort for anyone who wants to experience a luxurious and relaxing holiday. Thank you intercontinental it was worth every cent!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Samantha Z
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Bula Samantha Z,

Vinaka vakalevu for your lovely review. The team and I were pleased to read that you had a great holiday with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. It was a pleasure to have you and we would be delighted to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

London
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to the intercontinental Fiji and after last year we could not wait to return. However this year a few things annoyed us to the point that we probably won't return.
Upon check in we were given our booked garden view room. When we got there it smelled strongly of urine. We thought this might have been musty due to humidity so we went straight out for dinner but upon returning it was still really strong so we asked for a change of room. We paid got an upgrade at a rate of $FJD350 per night which was fine as we got a suite overlooking the lagoon. Other negatives were:
1. We found the locals on the beach who do horse riding and massages/hair-braiding very pushy and in our face every day on the beach. This was ultra annoying and was not this bad last year. Hotel needs to work with the villagers to address this issue as sometimes we actually just wanted to go to relax at the beach but we were mobbed! Much cheekier this year too!!!
2. Our laundry was lost!! Finally returned next day but caused us stress and the laundry staff had no sense of urgency about them.
3. Inconsistent standards of room servicing. Some days very good others just ok.
4. A la carte menu in SanaSana very limited in choice. Buffet gets very samey after a week!!
5. Navo has gone down hill in the last year. Change of chef I think as it got best restaurant in pacific islands last year deservedly so.
6. Evening entertainment was very watered down. The fire lighting ceremony was done by two guys who looked like they hated it!! Last year's was amazing every night!

Positives:
1. Hotel staff for most part are unbelievably friendly and adore children. We felt so positive around them all the time.
2. Good overall not bad just a bit monotonous after a long stay here but honestly SanaSana staff are unbelievable! Just brilliant.
Fiji is a very special place with very special natives but we will try a new location next time.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank treeto
Bula treeto,

Thank you for your feedback. The team and I were pleased to read that you enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality. I was disappointed and concerned however, to hear of the issues that you faced while with us. Your comments about our service quality, entertainment and locals have been noted and passed on to the team to address and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com if you wish to discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I had many recommendations to stay at this property from some well travelled people who rated this one of the best resorts that they've stayed at in the entire world. My expectations were very high. When I booked a private airport transfer I was very disappointed to have been picked up in a regular taxi for US$300 so the arrival experience compared with the Hilton who pick up in a luxury BMW was somewhat disappointing. Upon arrival, the property took my breath away. Having traveled and stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world, I can honestly say this was one of the most stunning! The facilities were fantastic, a family pool, an adults only infinity pool. The white sandy beaches, & the uninterrupted sunset over the horizon. The staff were mostly (apart from a few incidences) were what made it so exceptional! The Fijians are beautiful happy people & they were fantastic with the kids. My kids wanted to be in kids club as much as they could. We booked them in to 1 or 2 sessions a day, I suggest getting a kids club package because its worth it. They were fantastic in the kids club, hunting for crabs, catching frogs, performing at subset in traditional costumes, doing pirate treasure hunts, watching movies. They were really well organised & the kids had a fantastic time & were safe. By the pool the activities staff were exceptional. They knew our names from the first day. They engaged the children in crab races & water sports while we sat by the pool with a cocktail. The day spa was world class, I did a 5 day program for 2 hours a day, it was heavenly although i would hsve liked a 3 day option butvthey didnt have a package for 3 days. The fine dining restaurant, Navo was excellent, the food, the location & the service were 5 star. Sansana was fantastic for breakfast but the seafood buffet was very disappointing. Toba by the pool was not as good. The food menu was the same for lunch & dinner & not much traditional food which was disappointing. They got our orders wrong a few times I
was ill after eating one evening. One evening our kids wanted to go to kids club so my husband & I took advantage of the time to ourselves, watched the sunset, had a few cocktails & went to Toba to dine, the manager there was quite rude & said 'guys you really need to pre book in future' although there were plenty if tables, it was clear that they had staffing issues with slow service & perhaps not as many staff on as they needed to. We were a little put out, it wasn't like there was much choice in where we could go & quite honestly you should be able to dine wherever & whenever you please when you're on Fiji time & plans aren't scheduled. My company had an incentive conference there a few years ago before I started but I've recommended they have it there again. A fantastic location for something like that. It has been a few months and I have followed up about my transfer from the airport a few times but still haven't had a response which us a little disappointing. I also settled the bill the night before so we could relax in the morning, have a leisurely breakfast but they said they forgot to charge us for an icecream so I spent my last morning with a bill cuffuffle & 1/2 hr at reception trying to repay the bill as I didnt have cash left on me, so for a $5 icecream charge that was missing from the bill was a little frustrating when you spend as much as you do there & the fact that I missed a nice comfortable breakfast with my family that last morning over this. Overall I would highly recommend staying here & will most certainly be back, next
time I'd love to try the club rooms. The views, pool & rooms are stunning up on the hill. We stayed right on the beach this time around & this was wonderful too. We have created some of the best memories of
our lives at this resort. I can't wait to visit again. Its a truely stunning well balanced fabulous resort for a family, romantic for
couples & a great location & facilities for conferences.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jacqui_Wright
Dear Jacqui,

Bula and thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Natadola Bay. The team and I were delighted to read that you had a wonderful family holiday with us and that your children really enjoyed our Planet Trekker’s kids club activities. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality and that you experienced our 5 Day Elements of Natadola spa journey!

Thank you for bringing to our attention the shortfalls that you experienced whilst you were in-house. Honest feedback such as this allows us to not only review processes and personnel but working on upskilling key members of our team to reflect an experience that truly offers the InterContinetnal elements of luxury, anticipatory service and what we like to call "In the Know" experiences. With reference to transfers, the use of a taxi is not our preferred mode of transport but it is very likely that you were transferred this way because of the unavailability; for whatever reason, of our luxury Land Cruiser. This is by no means acts as an excuse but we apologize for the experience endured.

We are constantly reviewing our Food and Beverage options and service and feedback such as yours will be taken into account as we provide further improvements. We appreciate your feedback on the arrivals and departure service experience and will also take your feedback on board as we strive to provide an exceptional customer serviced.

We are excited about the changes that are being implemented and what it is means for the guest experience.

We thank you for your loyalty and when you next decide to book, please feel free to reach out to me personally on kamal.haer@ihg.com and copy in our Director of Sales; Hudson Mitchell, on hudson.mitchell@ihg.com

We look forward to being of service to you.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I wasn't expecting much when I signed onto this hotel. However, i was decently surprised to find my week long experience to be on the very happy side. People are nice, food is good, the price of food is also good. Not to mention the diving, it was spectacular !

I am happy to recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MCYHongKong
Bula MCYHongKong,

Thank you for your feedback. The team and I were delighted to read that you and your family had a wonderful holiday with us and that you enjoyed our team’s warm Fijian hospitality. I was also pleased to read that you also took the opportunity to explore our crystal clear waters of Natadola Bay which is rich with spectacular marine biodiversity.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next family getaway and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Savai'i, Samoa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Attended the BFTE held here in May 2013 and love the look of this resort and its grounds. Didn't get to stay here as it was fully booked by most that attended the conference, so my fault for not booking in advance ! During the 3 days of the meeting , they assigned us to dine at the different restaurants on site and all meals were well prepared and delicious. The opening & closing function was well catered for and entertaining ! Would definitely book to stay here

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LeLagoto
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Bula upolusavaiian,

Vinaka vakalevu for your lovely review, albeit some time after your first visit! We would love to welcome you back to our sunny shores for a holiday in the near future. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you decide on your travel dates and I will see that the team looks after you.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!