“Total Bliss”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Auckland
“Total Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I forgot to place feedback for this beautiful resort when I stayed last. Was in need of a well deserved holiday. Went on my own and had the best time of my life. I had a room right on the beach with a beautiful bath outside, stunning. Staff were amazing and food at the restaurants was fine dining quality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Koko2002
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Bula Koko,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review, albeit some time after your stay! We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your holiday and had a blissful time with us. We were also pleased that you enjoyed dining at our outlets and our warm Fijian hospitality.

We look forward to welcome you for your next beachside escape soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you do plan your next trip and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (845)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lautoka, Fiji
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was my husbands and my 2nd Visit to Intercon Fiji. The first time we stayed at the Normal resort but this time around we booked a Club Suite to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.. I dont have words to describe how wonderful our experience at the Club was. We had a Private Plunge Pool and a massive suite. It was pretty spacey and had Pure Fiji Products. In our package we had wifi, non alcoholic drinks, evening cocktails, afternoon tea and free Breakfast included. All the staff were very friendly and addressed us by our names.

We had two meals at the Navo Restaurant, Dinner on our anniversary night and Breakfast on one of the mornings. Meals were excellent. We had lunches at Sanasana and Toba Bar & Grill which was nice too. Overall all the Restaurants in the resort are very good.

The club lounge was beautiful and the Pool was also great! A beautiful view from the lounge. Recommend all couples to try out the Suite :) We had a great stay and no doubt will go back sometime in the Future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Avisha T
Dear Avisha,

Bula from the white sandy shores of Natadola Bay! Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa for celebrating your 3rd wedding anniversary. We were thrilled to welcome you both back and to be a part of your special occasion. We were also delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another romantic getaway soon.

Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you are next looking at dates and I will see that the team take great care of you once more.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Regrettably I booked to stay at this hotel from 26 July for 3 nights. Having researched a number of different hotel options in Fiji we chose this one based on the Intercontinental brand, location and hotel design.
Intercontinental have a best rate guarantee policy. If you find a cheaper rate, they ask you to book with them, even though they are more expensive. Then you need to fill in a claim form with the details of what you have just paid them, as well as details of the cheaper rate from their competitor. From there they promise to review it and if they confirm your information, will offer the same rate as well as give you one night free.

We followed the above process and booked directly with Intercontinental using their best rate option despite booking.com, Hotelclub and Expedia all being cheaper. We filled in the claim form and sent it off in the time specified. This is where the gross incompetence and dishonesty from Intercontinental staff in their best price guarantee area begins.

I receive a response advising me they have 'reviewed' my claim, that the rate I stated is not available on booking.com and therefore my claim has been denied. They quote back to me the rate I stated booking.com offered in AUD over 3 nights and compared it to their FJD rate for 1 night. Of course the AUD rate for 3 nights with booking.com is more than the per night rate for 1 night if I booked directly with you, IT'S FOR 3 NIGHTS!!!! You should be comparing the cost of staying with you for 3 nights vs. booking.com for 3 nights. Further, if booking.com have sold out at the rate I specified at the time I made the claim because it took you too long to check, how can I be responsible for your lack of prompt action to confirm my claim?

I have written 3 emails since, however at the time of writing I have not received the courtesy of a response. I have also copied and pasted a further example from Hotelclub which clearly shows that their rate is cheaper than what I paid by booking directly with intercontinental.
Their price guarantee policy is nothing but a scam to get people to book directly with them at a higher rate than what you will find on many other websites. They'll 'review' your claim alright and then frustrate you with their incompetence and lack of thorough research to avoid paying you what you are entitled to and then when you write to them, they will not respond.

I deeply regret booking with Intercontinental and while my anger and frustration is firmly directed towards the business processes and practices of the wider company and that of the staff within the price guarantee policy department; I am not looking forward to staying at their resort given the obvious lack of service and ethics in their business culture.

The only reason I haven't cancelled the booking entirely is due to the fact that because I booked the cheapest rate I would lose 100% of the payment. The rest of our stay will be at the Nanuku which from what I have experienced so far will be the exact opposite of the Intercontinental.

We are disappointed and angry at your treatment of us and we will never make the mistake of booking with any of your properties ever again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank Ausfamily4
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Ausfamily,

Thank you for bringing your situation to our attention. We wish to assure you that our Best Price Guarantee (BRG) team has carefully reviewed the details of your claim and do apologise if we were not clear that we are precluded by the Terms and Conditions of the program from making any form of currency conversion when verifying rates for the purpose of claiming for the Best Price Guarantee.

The currency of our resort is the Fijian Dollar (FJD), which is what our BRG team will consider in comparing rates. Our BRG team has also checked different websites and while one central website does display different rates from various websites there are no specific rates which can be booked directly. All rates posted would require you to be redirected to a secondary website which will provide the actual price during the booking process. We would require guests to provide the exact website which is hosting the lower rate so that we can specifically check on that website.

Please be assured that our BRG team has been specifically trained in order to verify all claims made for the Best Price Guarantee program to ensure that the Terms and Conditions of the Guarantee are fulfilled. The same set of criteria is used in each and every claim submitted and we know that while it will not always mean a positive response it ensures that an objective and consistent result can be reached.

Thank you once more and please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com if you decide to return and I will see that your family is well looked after.

Kind regards,
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful Resort
Beautiful Food
Beautiful People
Would recommend this resort to anyone. The resort is self contained but has everything you possibly need. Stayed here for work but while here managed to explore all the beauties of this resort. From water sports to relaxing it has it all.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Julian M
Bula Julian,

Vinaka vakalevu for writing us a review! It was a pleasure to have you with us and to read that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Fiji and our warm Fijian hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay soon. Please do contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We got married at the Intercontinental and because of the beautiful pictures, we booked additional nights. To say we were NOT disappointed is a huge understatement as the seven nights we stayed there were not enough. Our room was lovely, spacious, plenty of towels and having the beach to wake up to everyday was amazing. The outside bath was a fantastic way to end most of our nights there and having a bath run after our wedding, complete with flower petals and bath soak, was just what we needed. From the moment we got there, we were warmly greeted by the staff and the resort grounds were immaculately well-groomed, we were in awe of our surroundings.
The infinity pool and adults only area was beautiful and spending a day in the huge chairs there were definitely relaxing. The pool, whilst great for photos, was really cold and I would recommend to go for a swim in the beach as the water was lovely. Went snorkeling one day and it was great, so many fish to see and really clear waters. If we had more time, I would have loved to try stand up paddle boarding, but with our wedding being in the middle of our stay, we were short on time.
The spa was also amazing and even though I'm not usually one for massages, we went for two couples massages and they were amazing.... my husband even wanted to go for more. The whole atmosphere was relaxing a great way to unwind.
For anyone who is considering getting married at the Intercon, I would say, look no further. Due to staff changes, about a month before my wedding, I was introduced to my third wedding planner. Most brides would be somewhat nervous, but having Jane take over our wedding was the best thing that could have happened to us. She was the most amazing planner, warm and very onto it. When I met her, she said the only thing she needed from me was to leave my stress at the door and she would take it on.... and she did! Our wedding day was beautiful and a lot of that was due to Jane's professionalism and her ability to make it feel like you are the only bride she is looking after.
I have to say that not only were we impressed with the Intercon when we were there, but even more so when we were back home. My husband loved the Fijian war clubs at the Intercon gift shop and as a result, we came home with two. He was so excited about these beautiful purchases, but upon arrival back in to Australia, one of his clubs broke in half and he discovered that the club had a bad touch up job and that we would have to spend more money having it put back together. I was contacted by Evelyn from the Intercon and this was again where their customer service was impeccable. She contacted me as my husbands tripadvisor review was brought to her attention and with the help of Jane, she was able to find a contact email to apologize about the broken club and offer a full refund on the item. Both my husband and I were extremely impressed by their commitment to ensure that our problem was more than adequately taken care of and that we left as happy customers. I was even more impressed as I know that customer service can sometimes be lacking at certain businesses, but this was not the case here- We had really experienced the most exceptional customer service both at the resort and again in all dealings with them. We will definitely go back to the Intercon and I cannot sing it's praises enough for a couples get away (even though I'm sure we'll go when we had kids, but cannot really comment on the resort as a family getaway.) Thank you to all the staff we had dealings with and we cannot wait be on the gorgeous Natadola Beach again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noeniegirl
Bula Noeniegirl,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We were pleased to have made your wedding occasion a special and memorable one, and that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We were also delighted to have been able to made contact with you regarding your husband’s review.

I will be sure to forward your comments onto the team, especially Evelyn and Jane, who will be thrilled to hear from you.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in paradise again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that you and your husband are well looked after once more.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights, after attending a wedding in a less glorious location. We booked through a Virtuoso travel agent with guaranteed us a room upgrade, 2 x 1 hour massages and early check in and late check out (if booking, this may be worthwhile considering).

From the first moment we got out of the car we felt welcome and relaxed. Service was impeccable. We were extremely fortunate to get upgraded from a Garden View king room to a Lagoon View Suite. The room was clean and comfortable, with all bells and whistles we needed. The view was magnificent and the gorgeous bath on the balcony, a great touch.

When the tide is down, you can easily snorkel just off the shore of the lagoon. Facilities was great. Whilst the kids lagoon pool was not really suitable for swimming by adults (due to being too shallow) it was fantastic for kids with lots of toys and fountains to keep them entertained. Plenty of spots around the pool also a bonus. The adults only pool (the infinity one seen on most promotional materials) is wonderful. If travelling without kids, it's a perfect relaxing escape. The pool water temperature was quite chilly so not sure if they are solar heater, though I suspect not.

The beach is great, beautiful aquamarine waters, plenty of space and plenty of activities for the adventurous souls. There is also a dive pool as well. There are plenty of activities (fire shows, crab races and various activities at kids club), to keep the youngsters entertained.

As the beach is not private property, you may at times be approached by locals from a nearby village, offering village tours or selling coconuts. Though sometimes a bit annoying they were all really friendly and good natured and moved on after being told no.

Food is costly, as are drinks, but that's to be expected given the caliber of the resort. Service at the bar is at times slow, but that was ok as there are plenty of comfy couches to relax on whilst waiting.

Breakfasts were magnificent. There is even a whole section dedicated to gluten free things, which is very thoughtful. Service was great.

We had a treatment at the spa which was wonderful and relaxing, make sure you book early as they're pretty busy. if you want a cheaper option, walk down the beach and there are beach side massages offered for a much lover cost.... though obviously the quality, hygiene and atmosphere may not be comparable.

The nanny service is great. Not too expensive and the ladies all seem really lovely.

All in all we had a fantastic time at this gorgeous resort and would love to come back

Room Tip: Personally I would probably avoid pool view rooms as they may be a bit noisy. Lagoon view and ocean...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bula Lana,

Thank you for your feedback. We were delighted to read that your family had a wonderful stay at the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. We were also pleased to read that your family had a great time on our beach and also enjoyed our breakfast buffets at Sanasana Restaurant!

We would love to welcome your family back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next family holiday and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been traveling the world as a Royal Ambassador member of IHG and have come across only a few properties that left me with extremely positive impressions. This hotel is gorgeous and has properly trained staff that will make your holidays memorable.

The best hotel on Viti Levu and the only operating hotel on Natadola Beach which is the best beach on the island. For better beaches, you need to stay on separate islands that require sea plane or boat transfers from Viti Levu.

I completed a full and detailed video review which covers pretty much all you need to know about the resort. Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patrice G
Bula Patrice,

Thank you for your video review and your loyalty as an IHG Royal Ambassador. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us on Natadola Bay and to have such a detailed video review showcasing our resort! We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores for another stay soon.

Please do email me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!