“Absolutely stunning! Staff are incredible!”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Australia
“Absolutely stunning! Staff are incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We just got back from a week at the Intercontinental Fiji and adored every minute we were there. The resort is stunning with the beach backing onto the resort. There are plenty of things to do here including snorkelling, glass bottom boating, fishing etc and there is both an adults and kids pool which was nice for us to be near a quieter pool area. The Navo restaurant, fine dining, was lovely with some of the best food we've tasted. Sanasana has a fantastic buffet breakfast with a massive choice of food - something for everyone. Room service dinner was very nice also! The views from anywhere in the resort are lovely and since it's so large, the staff have golf buggies which can take you to your room. The resort is an hours drive from Nadi which sounds like a lot but it's really nice to drive though the island and see a bit more of the local area. Also nice to chat with a local driver too! The main thing that stood out for us were the staff. Every single staff member as they walked past would greet you with "bula" and a massive smile. From the moment we arrived to when we left the resort, we felt so incredibly welcomed. Honestly the best service we've had. Special thanks to Jade at the front desk, Jimi the duty manager and Ashwini concierge for all your help during our stay. There are plenty of other staff we could mention but unfortunately their names slip our minds!! We had such a wonderful and relaxing week away, we can't fault this resort at all! We hope to be back some day! :)

Room Tip: Lagoon view room is lovely!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Bula Em,

Vinaka vakalevu for your review! We’re delighted that you and your partner had a wonderful holiday with us and that you enjoyed so many aspects of our resort! We’re also thrilled that you experienced dining in our signature restaurant, Navo, which certainly is a romantic and intimate experience to remember!

We would love to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next romantic escape and I will see that you both are well looked after.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from 6 perfect days in paradise.
Beautiful rooms, great food, nice little surfing waves.
We had our first child free holiday in 18 years and were upgraded to a pool room. The rooms are well decorated and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. I enjoyed a coconut milk soak in our cleopatra bath, daily after the surf, which is big enough for two.
On the first day we went to sanasana for the inclusive breakfast buffet.....very busy and kids everywhere. Thankfully, they have now opened up the lovely Navo (adults only) and we had an amazing breakfast over looking the water each day.
Lunch at the Toba Bar and Grill was always great.... Often sitting by the infinity pool to eat. Special mention to the lovely bar manager Lani, her beautiful smile lights up the area, she is a real credit to your hotel and the Toba Staff.

We spoilt ourselves every night with dinner at the Navo, the food and service was incredible and is true fine dining. Special thanks to our amazing waiter Benny, who was so kind, warm and talented at his position with the intercontinental.

We were all bought to tears with the Navo staff, manager, Chefs and kitchen staff all took the time to sing us a farewell song on our last night.
We loved our second visit with this hotel and we look forward to our third...... Hopefully we can afford an ocean front next time
Please pass on our gratitude to Benny and Lani.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kat S
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Bula Kat,

Thank you for your lovely review! We’re thrilled that you chose to return InterContinental Fiji to have your holiday with us and that you enjoyed our luxurious resort rooms and facilities. We’re also delighted that you loved our warm and genuine hospitality and that you had an intimate dining experience at our signature restaurant, Navo, which certainly is an experience to remember.

I will be sure to forward your lovely comments onto the team, especially Lani and Benny, who I’m sure will be delighted to hear from you.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores for another romantic retreat again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you decide your next travel dates and I will see that you are well taken care of once more.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for ten nights and had a wonderful hoilday. How ever when we went to check out and pay our bill with an American Express, it was declined numerous times ,so then we had to use our visa instead, which was very disappointing for a five star hotel. We knew there are no problems with our card and although we did ask the staff if we could that pay by Amex ,and they said YES we could. We later used our AMEX several times at the Airport Duty free shop without any problems !! We suggest that the hotel sorts this problem out and get in line with other 5Star competitor hotels .

New Zealand

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms has a lovely view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bukev
Bula Bukev,

Thank you for writing us a review. We’re delighted that you had a wonderful holiday with us. Thank you also for highlighting your check-out experience. I will be sure to forward your comments onto our Front Office team for their immediate attention.

It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay on Natadola Bay again soon. Please do email me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here in August for 5 nights in one of the garden view family rooms. This resort has lots of positives going for it, unfortunately it is also somewhat let down by some of the negatives in a way that I could not give it an excellent rating.

I sum up the positives as follows:

- The location is great as it is surrounded by reefs, adjacent to an island & local village. The view from most part of the resort is wonderful. Water are crystal clear.

- Because of the location you are able to experience some "local" experience without venturing out too far. This is great for the not too adventurous kind or simply after some convenience. For example we took our kids snorkelling on the reef which is just a few minutes ride out from shore, horse ride on the beach to the local Sanasana village for them to meet and play with the local kids, Cave tour which is a relatively short walk to the adjacent island, Lawai Pottery Village tour which is just a 20 mins car ride to the village etc. There was enough activities to do on each day to make it entertaining & adventurous (for the less adventurous).

- The room is good size and well fitted out despite our room being one of the cheapest room on the resort, it certainly did not feel cheap. Yes, this is supposed to be a 5 star resort but i have stayed in 5 star resorts/ hotels and paid more money per night for a far less luxurious feel.

- Around the family pool area there are always activities happening each day to keep the kids entertained for example, the Hermit crab race etc.

- There are complimentary items which can be borrowed to play with such as volley ball, golf clubs at put put course etc

- The food at the 3 restaurants (Tabo, Sanasana & Navo) are of high quality. The latter in particular is worth the extra spend for the ambience, view, service & taste.

- the staff are all very friendly and always ready to assist your every request (at Fijian time)

- Plenty of Cabanas dotted around the resort (i.e. bench front, pool etc) which usually are available for us as long as you look for it.

- Kids club is well run and our kids had a ball. They have stayed in numerous resorts with kids club, this was definitely highly rated by them.

The elements of this resort where I was very much disappointed with and are the the reasons I could not give it an excellent rating are as follows:

- GYM. If you are like me, I like to take my exercise (gym) routine with me whenever I travel, you will be absolutely disappointed with the gym. It is very small, as such lacking in range of equipment. There is not much room to do stretches etc. You can't have anymore than 6-7 people working out at the same time. I basically gave up on my usual weights routine at the gym, and switch to cardio workout due to lack of equipment. Not to mention there was even a broken machine :( during my whole stay.

- Wifi is not available throughout the resort. There are lots of black spots. Whilst to a certain extent this may be a good thing while on holidays some of us still have a need to keep an eye on our businesses while holidaying/ travelling. This came at some inconvenience and cost.

- Inconsistent service and lack of attentiveness to details - some examples are (1) fruits were provided at the gym on my first visit, but never again. (2) Bottled water was provided on my 2nd visit at the gym and never again. (3) Housekeeping was great on the first 2 days, and then we had to remind them every day to clean our rooms which means they usually arrive while we were in our rooms to our inconvenience. This should have been done while we were out all day. (4) room amenities such as milk, tea bags, bath gel, soap etc not topped up every time or were simply not provided when we checked in. We always had to request for more.

- Despite being an ambassador of IHG I was not given any upgrade (I was still in the same room just shifted from the pool block to beachfront block and only because I specially requested for it). Whilst I am not the kind to make a fuss but when a customer had to ask to get something which should have been prepared prior is definitely what every 5 star hotel not strive to be.

Despite the negatives, it is still a good resort in a great location and relatively well operated. Our kids had a great time and they have already request to return again. For me, the gym and wifi are 2 areas where I would most likely look to stay else where next time but those are my personal preferences. Nonetheless we still had a great time, Vinaka to all the staffs whom make it a memorable trip for the family!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank VHILW
Dear VHILW,

Bula vinaka from Natadola Bay! Thank you so much for your loyalty and choosing InterContinental Fiji for your stay. We’re thrilled that your family had a wonderful holiday with us and that you enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality. We’re also pleased that you enjoyed our Dining & Entertainment outlets, especially our signature restaurant Navo, which certainly is an intimate and amazing way to spend your evening!

Thank you also for bringing to our attention your experience at our Fitness Centre, Housekeeping and loyalty recognition. Please be assured that your feedback is invaluable to us and I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team to ensure we consistently provide exceptional service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next family holiday and I will see that you are well looked after.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the intercon for a yoga retreat. Firstly let me say the architecture and interiors are absolutely stunning. The design of the hotel is stunning. I love aesthetics, so was really impressed by the details. The beds and pillows were amazing, the facilities such as the pool and day spa were really lovely too.
The food was mainly of quite a high standard: there were a few let downs, but on the whole, it was quite good!

The biggest let down for me was the service, and I am reluctant to say it because the team were so lovely and friendly for the most part. Unfortunately my luggage went missing somehow just in the moving from reception to my room when I was checking in & was gone for hours! Trying to sort out any kind of small request took a long time but this wasn't too big a deal - I'm actually usually ok with this mostly, as it's just the way things are when you travel.

On the last night, we dined at navo the fine dining restaurant and I left my expensive cardigan on my chair as I had gone to get painkillers for a friend & ended up not heading back. Despite contacting the hotel the very next day as soon as I realised I'd left it behind- no one was able to locate my lost item. The dining room was reasonably quiet that night & we were in a separate section to other diners as we were a large group, so the only explanation is unfortunately someone from the staff took it. This makes me sad. It did cost me a lot of money, but the principle is what bothers me most. At a "5 star" resort you should be able to expect to get back a piece of clothing left behind on a restaurant chair, only the night before, no questions. If there is dishonesty and lack of respect, this unfortunately far outweighs any positives I experienced.

Four stars for the resort itself :)
1 star for the service. :(

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank my_travel_insights
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Bula My_travel_insights,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of our resort facilities and service. We’re also delighted that you enjoyed our award-winning Spa InterContinental which certainly is an amazing way to relax.

Your feedback regarding your check-in experience and experience at Navo has been highlighted to our Front Office and F&B teams for their immediate attention. Please be assured that your feedback is invaluable and your experience is not reflective of our usual high standards of service.

We would love to welcome you back for another stay reflective of a true InterContinental Fiji experience. Please do let me know when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you.

Kind Regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Below is my review. i have just tried to rebook for 2015 but they have told us no more kids under 12 in the club rooms on the hill. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Will have to wait 10 years to return!!

we spent the second half of our week in Fiji at the Intercontinental as a luxury finish to our stay in Fiji. We stayed in a 2 bed pool suite on top of the hill in club land. when we arrived we were greeted with cool drinks and were told that room would not be available till 2 pm which was fair enough (we arrived at 12pm) . we left our bags and took our family of 3 kids 6,3,2 down to pool area via a buggy and had some lunch. when we got back at 2pm the room was still not ready but finally we got a room by 3pm. for a plunge pool suite it was very dark with no sun on pool so we requested a move. this was not possible till next day and whilst disappointed, we were impressed that the American manager came to our room to explain the situation and do what she could to move us. very courteous and professional.
The rest of our trip was fabulous including the glass bottom boat trip a few hundred metres off the shore on the last morning. food in club lounge breakfasts was excellent but they were a bit strict on kids even though ours were not noisy...yes really.
we would like to return next year in April but think an upstairs apartment with a view might be a better than the pool villas on the lower level as you don't use the pool much as it is so small and cold.
the rooms are enormous and very comfortable. the quality is as you would expect at Intercontinental and above other hotels we have stayed on in Denaru.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a pool that faces the water in club area
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank craiguirguis
Bula Craiguirguis,

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst our Club InterContinental facilities are now offered exclusively to guests aged 12 and above, we do offer other alternatives for families such as inter-connecting room configurations at the main resort. These rooms are also closer to other resort facilities such as our family pool and our Planet Trekkers kids club which offers a plethora of activities such as hermit crab races for children to enjoy.

We would love to welcome your family back for another stay. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next trip and I will see that you are well looked after.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in July (not during school holidays) after friends' recommendation and not far to travel with 2 kids one being 6 months old.
We travel a lot and stay in 5 stars resorts but this resort definitely doesn't hold itself to 5 stars.
Pros
- Nanny - our nanny was the best part of the holidays. We have never left my kids with anyone except my mum and was worried too leave them in someones care I hardly know. We were recommended nanny called Milinia Tuitavuki (they call her Milly single) and from the first meeting I had good feeling about her. She is a beautiful caring lady and looked after our baby perfectly. Me and my husband could spend some time together with no worry.
- Food - was delicious, their chefs are mainly Indians and are supervised by Australian executive chefs. The indian cuisine was delicious and actually every meal we ordered was done beautifully.
- Staff - was amazing, Fijian people are lovely, friendly and happy even though they have so little (we tipped heavily).
Cons
- Housekeeping - the rooms were not cleaned properly, I don't think our shower was cleaned during our stay.
- Spa - was big disappointment. The showers were so dirty. At 5.30pm I had a treatment booked and went to steam room beforehand. The steam room stank so much I wasn't able to stay there and had to leave. If you want to relax with the pedicure & manicure treatment forget about it. You will sit on the small rotating chair with no back support. Here in Sydney I get better nail service by cheap Asian ladies.
- Kids pool - I was amazed to learn that the pool wasn't heated. Because we went in July the weather was not as hot and the pool was cold. You could hardly see children in it. I would suspect that 5 star hotel has facilities to heat the pool especially for kids. So there was no swimming for our kids.
- Main Sanasana restaurant - it is not big enough to cater for so many people/such a big resort. The restaurant was busy, noisy, screaming kids everywhere.
- Adult pool only - The pool was nice overlooking the beautiful beach (bring special shoes to get into the water as it's full of corals/shells everywhere and not pleasant to walk on). During weekend groups of people came for wedding. They also visited the adult pool and were extremely noisy and smoking. No one from the staff reminded them that it is adult pool only and they should watch their behaviour.

We will definitely not come back. If we pay money for 5 star resort, we also expect 5 star treatment and this resort definitely didn't give it to us. It was actually very disappointing holidays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellerwFamily
Bula TravelerwithFamily,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you enjoyed dining at our F&B outlets and nanny service and will be sure to forward your feedback to Milly, who will be thrilled to hear from you.

Thank you also for highlighting your experience with our resort facilities. Please be assured that your feedback is invaluable and has been forwarded to our Executive Housekeeper and Spa Manager for their immediate attention. This is not reflective of our usual high quality standards and certainly not a true InterContinental Fiji experience.

We hope to welcome you back for a true InterContinental Fiji experience. Please do let me know on Kamal Haer if you decide to return and I will see that you are well taken care of.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!