InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$115
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$73
  • Pool
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$242
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
Agoda.com
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$319
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,849 results
All reviewsnavo restaurantgolf coursethe club loungekama loungeinfinity poolcleopatra bathtoba bar and grillbeachfront suitenatadola bayfamily poolnavo islandgolf clubplanet trekkerssanasana villageday bedbula busgarden view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We travelled to the Intercontinental with our 8, 4 and 16mth old children.
When we arrived in Nadi we were greeted by our transfer driver who was lovely and were all given shell necklaces. He stopped off at the local gas station so we could get drinks......which was very thoughtful and appreciated. When we got to the hotel, the entrance is stunning. We were greeted with drumming, more shell necklaces, beaming smiles, a glass of juice and lots of staff saying bula! It was amazing and our kids loved it.
The rooms are gorgeous and the cleopatra tubs are superb. I wished I could have packed it up in our luggage. The kids couldn't get into the tub quick enough each night as they could all fit and every night I had to drag them out of there. Each day the rooms were cleaned well and the staff are so friendly. One note.........each day the cleaning seemed to be done differently. We did have to keep getting our milk for in room coffee replenished. They didn't seem to know to replace the coffee and milks. It's never a problem though. There is always staff willing to help and fix anything you need. We also had turn down service each night, which was lovely.
The food at the resort seems to have improved a lot since the earlier reviews. We had the buffet breakfast each day and the kids loved it. It's not perfect but there were good dishes. Plenty of cereals and delicious pastries. Some of the food is overcooked. When ordering your coffees........order first thing. Many mornings it took 20 mins for them to get to our table. The staff are again nice in the restaurant. Please keep in mind we did notice that they all work very long hours, so remember to thank them, as they all work hard. We ate lunch every day at the Toba Bar and Grill. The food here is the best in the resort as far as we were concerned. Everything is delicious. Service could be improved upon. Sometimes it was good and others, they were totally on Fiji time. The kids ate free and their meals were also great. If you have kids..........have them order the chocolate mousse!! It's the best mousse ever. Our kids got sick of eating it, but we'd have them order it, just so we could have it! The pizzas are delicious as well as their burgers.
We ate at the Navo one night and it is beautiful. The setting is lovely, but our food was disappointing. Our fish was overcooked and like a previous poster said, we had the creme brulee and it was awful. It was overcooked, curdled and tasted like scrambled eggs. One comment I have to make is that it might depend on the night you go. Our friends went another night and their meals were lovely. I think it wouldn't hurt for the chefs to be trained more in the way western meals are prepared. It seems they struggle a lot with western dishes.
The resort overall is stunning and I mean breathtaking. I did have a traditional fijian massage at the Spa and it was wonderful. The Spa is gorgeous and well worth a visit. There is plenty to do around the resort. Tours, activities etc. We preferred to stay by the kids pool or go to the beach. The infinity pool is picture perfect. Apparently the church visit and the cave tours are great. We did do a fishing trip through the resort. We had seen many people come back with giant Mahi Mahi's but failed to catch anything. The guys who take you out are wonderful though and it was a great experience.
Every night they have a torch lighting ceremony at the front fo the Kama Lounge. It's fantastic. Our kids thought it was very cool. It gives you a slice of fijian culture and is a must see. We had a few mojito's while watching the sunset and torch lighting. Talk about paradise. The one bad note I had about the resort is when it rains. There isn't proper drainage around the main areas, therefore it gets very wet and flooded in places. We ate dinner at the Toba bar one night with our feet swimming in water. None of the staff were trying to clear it away at all. I would have thought they should have had people mopping up the water to make it safe for guests. Seriously if it rains make sure you wear thongs as your feet will be very wet walking around the resort. I hope that someone will try to fix that problem. It wasn't that safe at times as I did see people slip.
Now to the staff. They are amazing. I've never met such bunch of people who are so happy and so kind. They adored our kids and our kids loved them. Always willing to help and do whatever you needed. They were mostly what made our trip so amazing!!! Their nature is lovely and we felt so welcomed. Our 16mth old would wave and say "Bula" to all of them. The resort should be complimented on such great staff.
To sum it all up. The resort is overcoming it's teething problems and getting a lot better. Is it perfect, no but it sure was heaven to us. We were very sad when it was time to leave and are already planning to go back next year. I have never come across a place that I would immediately go back to, but the Intercontinental has changed that. It was the best family holiday we have ever had!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank threeforme
Fiji_Staff, Sales Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2009

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are continuing to improve the experience we offer our visitors. We will continue on this journey and introduce change on a weekly basis.

Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 September 2009

I have been using trip advisor for around 5 years, so know what reviews to ignore, what information to take from reading reviews on a hotel before booking. That's why i chose to ignore alot of the negative reviews of the hotel and i'm glad I did.

This hotel was something special, up there with some of the nicest hotels i've ever stayed in.

I'll summarise the keys points rather than repeat what others have said already.

The Rooms - Brand new, very impressive. Good airconditioning, quiet enough to leave on all night whilst you slept.

The Restaurants/bars - We generally rotated around all 3 for the week rather than going to the same every day.

The toba bar does breakfast, lunch and dinner. prices generally are below $30FJ, and serve club sandwiches, burgers, pizzas , salads etc, all fairly simple and decent.

Sanasana does breakfast, lunch and dinner as well. Breakfast gives you the option of continental or cooked, prices were $35fj or $50fj.

Evening meals at Sanasana are themed (and buffet), changing every night of the week, ranging from italian to asian to seafood nights, priced at $65fj.

Navo is the more upmarket restaurant, had a good selection of steaks, fish and other dishes, main meals generally in the $60-$70fj range. The few times we ate here, we had brilliant meals.

overall, i thought prices were similar to what i'm used to. Maybe other parts of fiji are cheaper? i can't really comment, but for a 5* resort, a beer for $6.50fj is certainly cheaper than anywhere in Auckland.

People have complained earlier about the price of Corona! surely, if you're in fiji and you choose to order a drink made in mexico, you should pay $15 for the privilage? I choose to drink fiji bitter all week, being in fiji and all......

the golf course is worth a visit, even if you don't fancy a game, the restaurant up there makes a nice change from the two in the resort for lunch. 9 holes including club and cart hire will set you back around $200fj for two people. We choose to play the back 9 as the pro told us it was the easier of the two!

the only slight disappointment I had was the beach. It looks lovely, but few people really use it. I've been to other resorts in the world where sunbeds and umbrellas etc are provided on the beach, but I guess with it being a public beach, that probably isn't an option.

i will certainly return to this resort in the future

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Booboo_bear83

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 September 2009

This is a truly stunning property superbly located on one of Fiji’s finest beaches & we were fortunate enough to enjoy 3 nights here. Wonderful modern Fijian architecture, high open spaces & fantastic landscaping that will look great in 12 – 18 mths time with full growth. Stunning entrance with massive sweeping views out to sea. A real statement resort. The rooms are very spacious at 65m for the smallest room and extremely well appointed. Boise sound system, flat screen TV’s, quality fittings & fixtures
throughout. Oversized Cleopatra bath on screened terrace outside room with large comfy day bed. Lots of nice cushions and plenty of attention to detail. Huge bathrooms with Pure Fiji toiletries. As a travel professional, I do believe this to be one of the best resorts in the South Pacific (excluding French Polynesian luxury resorts) and without a doubt one of the nicest I have stayed at in Fiji. Gives all the Denarau properties more than a good run for their money. With spectacular Natadola Beach as the back drop it will become popular I believe with the Denarau set. Excellent kid’s facilities with large lagoon style pool full of fun fountains to keep the little ones entertained. Kids club looked good however there is a charge for this of FJD$25 per child full day and
FJD$15 half day per child. Spa facility looked good also. Separate adults only infinity pool. Lots of cocoon love pod thingys to lounge in full of pillows and cushions. Excellent public outdoor areas that are well designed and user friendly. A very “comfortable” resort. F & B was not cheap but good quality as far as Fiji goes. Very good seafood buffet and an excellent choice of restaurants catering to both families and couples. Kids 12 and under eat free in any of the restaurants which we found to be pretty good value as our 12 year old girl eats like a large pony. All the staff at the Intercontinental were very professional, warm and friendly and obviously trying hard to meet guests’ needs. The “Bula’s” seemed genuine and not forced at all. We found the staff faultless in all areas. Good watersports facility with great staff Well suited to couples, groups and families wanting a high quality Fijian holiday experience. Great for weddings with a lovely chapel oceanfront. Golf course nearby that is said to be world class; unfortunately we missed viewing this. The resort whilst is only 45 mins from Nadi airport, it is a little remote however, and there’s no escaping down the road to explore anything local once you are there. Horse riding is available next door with the locals that was just fine by my daughter. A few locals selling handicrafts but that is it. Well suited to those seeking a nice beach as a bonus without the drama of heading out to the islands. I loved this resort and would go back once the credit card has gotten over the shock and the bank Manager stops ringing me regarding same. A very fine resort which I found hard to fault offering good value considering the quality.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelproNZ
Fiji_Staff, Sales Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2010

Thank you for your kind comments. A warm welcome back awaits you.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

My husband and I stayed for 14nights in a beach front suite 2212 (purchase a ambassador card for free upgrades and free weekend night certificate). The location of our room was fantastic, right on the beach and next to their Navo restaurant. Ask for a downstairs room as you will then get a patio to sunbathe on and you are able to move your sunbeds onto the lawn infront of the rooms. We spent most days just sunbathing looking out at the spectacular Natadola beach, just outside our room. The Suites are bigger than just the beach front room, but other than that there's no other difference so either room would be fine. Also the rooms at the end of the beach near their navo restaurant are the best for couples, private and best view in my opinion.

Even though the resort was busy it still felt empty and very private, we often walked along the beach to the far end past the other two resorts and were the only two for miles.

The staff at the resort were so friendly and helpful you really couldn't fault them. The food is improving. If you have time definately buy a priority privilege card, which gets you 50% off all food and two, 2 4 1 room rate certificates. We ate at the buffet one night and to be honest it wasn't great, the food was cold and didn't taste fresh (I think it had been sat out for a little too long). I also ate at from their a la carte menu when my husband ate at the seafood buffet and they simply got my fish curry from the buffet even though they said it would be cooked fresh...

We ate lunch at the beach bar restaurant everyday and sometimes in the evening, I would recommend the pizza or pasta as they do this really well. You can also order at the restaurant and take it back to your room if it's close by which we often did. We heard from a few guests that room service definately needs alot of improvement, so I wouldn't recommend you do this as its overcooked and cold.

Their main restaurant Navo, we ate here mainly and you couldn't fault the mains whatever you ordered the food was great. The starters I guess based on taste is hit and miss, the prawn dish is minced prawn meat not fresh prawns and the desserts need some improvement but the menu choice is great. They had my favourite creme brulee on the menu but unfortuntely they added bananas to the actual mix which makes it look and taste curdled so I stuck to ice-cream after that....

I would also recommend you get your own taxi from the airport 70 -80 Fiji dollars and ask them to stop off at MorrisHedburn (I think MH) supermarket in nadi and stock up on beers soft drinks few snacks etc esp if your in a beachfront room as you will spend most of our time in your own private area. We also got a taxi back to the airport that the hotel booked for us this was 70 fiji dollars and allowed us to go at the time we wanted.

The beach massage for two is highly recommended and good value.

The Natadola beach resort right next to the Intercon had been recommended for food so we tried this on our last night, it was terrible. Our recommendation is stick to Navo for evening meals unless you just want a basic pizza or pasta (eat at beach front Restaurant intercon). The food at the intercon is definately better than next door, we didnt eat at the Yatadola so you will have to try this yourself. But I would give the buffet a miss, fresh is always best we found as they tended to get this right.

We will definately go back to this resort, except for the food which wasn't that bad we had the best holiday (we stayed at their Bora Bora resort last year and this definately beat that expereince overall at that was fantastic). The manager at the hotel is fantastic and Im sure once they get on top of the food this will become a flagship resort for the Intercontinental.

Brain dump:
Ask for downstairs beachfront rooms
Purchase Ambassador and Priority Privilege card
Get your own taxi theres plenty waiting for you
Stop at the supermarket and stock up on Fiji Gold etc..
Eat at Beachfront bar for lunch or casual dinner and take back to your room if close and beachfront
Adult pool was fantastic no kids were around the pool, the pods around the pool are also nice to have lunch in. We were so close to the pool we would have a swim and then head back to our own room to sunbathe etc..
Eat at Navo for a nice meal, staff are beyond professional....Also tip with cash as creditcard tips are given to everyone at the end of the year.
Have a beach massage
Internet credit can be reused

I think thats everything have a great holiday the resort will blow you away, we were sorry to leave even after 14 nights...:)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank UCBE01
Fiji_Staff, Sales Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

We have just returned after a week at this resort. We took our three young children (6,4,1) so were prepared for a relatively active time! However, we had a really relaxing holiday at this resort which was helped by the following features of the resort:

1. The pools. The kids pool, albeit a little bracing initially, is fantastic for kids. It's huge and varies in depth, so that our one year old was able to paddle while the older kids played in the deeper areas. The water features kept them amused for ages. They have an extensive kids menu, with good quality meals, and we ordered their lunch by the pool.

2. The staff. We found the staff all so friendly to our children, they would often stop and high five the boys or come over and talk to our little one. It really made them feel special.

3. The kids club. Initially we weren't sure about the kids club because when we arrived it seemed a little light on activity. However, it soon got into its groove and the kids had lots of fun - went fish feeding, built sand castles, had hermit crab races, had their faces painted, weaved flax bags. The staff were very friendly. They have a daily activity schedule but take this as a very rough approximation of what's to happen. Think that the level of activity could be upped a little, but this may have been due to there being only a handful of kids there when we visited. Staff mentioned that they were gearing up for a a full-on activity schedule during the holidays!

4. Babysitting. We hired a babysitter for our one year old and she took her for a couple of hours each day to the kids club and looked after her in the evening. The rates were very reasonable ($8 Fiji per hour) and she was lovely with her and very accommodating of our plans.

5. The restaurant. We ate at Sanasana and found the buffet catered well for adult and child tastes. There was a family section of the restaurant, which meant that we could relax and not have to worry about the children disturbing an intimate dinner nearby!

6. The rooms. These were lovely and large. We had requested two interconnecting ground floor rooms and found this excellent with kids. We also made good use of the complimentary DVDs for the kids and they thought it very cool to watch a movie while soaking in the outdoor tub!

All in all a fantastic holiday for all. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Tash2

Thank you very much for your detailed comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.