We CAN’T believe how ANYONE can complain about this amazing resort(including that review from Brisbane written in such detail that you wonder if the reviewer had the sole purpose of bringing down the house). Anyways, after spending the previous week in a kid-infested resort, we were glad to arrive at the Intercontinental and discover that there actually was an adult-only pool (do expect, however, the occasional kids coming from the very near kiddie pool to talk totheir parents at the adults-only pool). The adult pool is of the infinity type, gorgeous and very relaxing, with Zen-like music playing most of the time ... The whole place was so quiet (though full) and had a nice, relaxing New Age vibe to it. The ultimate experience to be had, was a massage in their uber-modern spa ! And just when you think it can't get any better than this, you have a meal at the Navo restaurant and it's heaven on earth (Cloud Nine being reached in my case with their chocolat decadence dessert !! Yum ! ) We'd strongly recommend couples who want more intimacy, (like us) to get the fantastic beachfront deluxe room right next to the Navo restaurant : great sunset views,right on the beach in front of the sandbar at low tide, falling asleep to the sound of the ocean tide (thanks to those huge wooden doors with their screen-protected openings), far from kids, etc ... Clem's only beef : there are 2 TV screens (one in the living room, the other one in the bedroom) BUT you can only play the rented DVDs in the living room (whose furniture is definitely not as comfortable as the fantastic King size bed ... Ah well ! ;) The food at Navo restaurant was above 5 star quality, and our waiter Eddy (formerly from Likuliku Lagoon Resort) had the GREATEST smile to be found in Fiji… our favorite!! What a loss for Likuliku….and they miss him there (we went there later on and everyone knew him when we spoke of him!). Nat has to add that we experienced nothing but the best in service and hospitality here and the upkeep and cleanliness of the resort and grounds was impeccable.The best beach in Fiji, great snorkeling from the beach with soft sand, and surprisingly uncrowded. We attended a Meke (Polynesian-style) one evening and for the price it was very “ordinary” and we regretted missing a chance to dine at Navo’s. We will definitely return to Fiji in the next few years and the Intercontinental Resort and Spa will be our first stayover for sure. Without a doubt our favorite over Warwick, Sheraton, and ever-so-slightly Likuliku Lagoon Resort and Spa (which was excellent as well but the beach is the determining factor in this case). The food at Likuliku was excellent all the time where as at the Intercontinental only the Navo was hors pair; the other restaurants were just good. So imagine how good the food was at Liku liku….. the BEST!
In general, Fijians are the nicest people we have encountered on our many travels around the world. There is no $ smile… it’s all genuine! We love Fiji
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka