We were scheduled to stay for a week, arrived late on the first day, Napo (the head cook) and Ryan (the owner's son) stayed up late to welcome us, that was rather warm i would say.
The following days, Julie (the manager) welcomed and assisted us with all the needs and inquiries. Thomasi (the property manager) was a fun and a helpful guy, he runs a horse riding trip and spearfishing trip from time to time so just ask. A lovely little indian lady named Gheeta (she's a house keeper, i am sorry both me and my wife forgot your name, was it Gheeta?), she's very polite and kind to talk to. Last but not least, the cat (forgot the name... i am sorry), came into our room every morning asking for milk, so we fed it for the whole 2 and a half weeks of stay, pretty sure there was the bond between human and cat there somewhere.
The room was very nice, 2 headed shower room was very enjoyable though we both felt that the 2 beds were a bit wasted, the room we had was i think initially designed to host a family instead of just a couple. The foods were nice, love Napo's omelet, although it's not as good looking as the professional ones but i love them very much. Too bad they don't have a built in kitchen or at least a microwave for us to cook our own food, my wife is a mean cook and the seafood there were dead cheap, that was a small regret we both thought will have to change on the next trip to Fiji. Room can be serviced everyday but who needs a new towel every single day so we set it to a two day basis. Pool was clean, took a swim there. Didn't spend much time on the living room watching DVDs though.
We had some issues with my wife's visa upon departure on the seventh day, turned out we had to stay for another 3 weeks just to get her visa renewed and we chose to stay back at the very same place. Julie offered us the same room with a rather attractive price. Annemarie (hope i spell the owner's name right) was a lovely lady, she greeted us and offered to help with the visa issues.
We ended up staying at DeVos for 28 days (close to a month), spent the first 2 and a half weeks at DeVos Private Residence at Maui Bay, and the last week and a half at DeVos At The Park, a newly established hotel at Suva, due to the shorter commute time between the place we stay and the NZ immigration office.
Both me and my wife loved the place, not saying it's any better than a highly ranked hotel like Warwick, Hideaway closed by, but it's another five stars experience that we think we both enjoyed very much and would like to visit some other time. It's less like a "Sir and Madam" but a more like a "Hei, how's your day today" experience, relaxing in a quiet sunset, listening to the buzzing of insects and enjoying the sweet taste of a freshly chopped coconut juice (they don't have fresh coconut there, but i think it's just because we didn't ask), a lovely trip i would say.
Would definitely recommend it, try to bring some insect repellents, otherwise keep asking for mosquitoes coil is just stupid. Can also try out DeVos at the park at Suva if a more hectic and busy city life style is what you guys are after.
Many thanks to AnneMarie, Ryan, Julie, Thomasi, Napo, Gheeta, Lenny (i believed i spelled the name right, from DeVos at the park), thanks a lot.
Choo & Lizzy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vos The Private Residence is a totally private accommodation based on the design of a exclusive resort on the Coral Coast, main island Fiji so that it is able to accommodate all your individual needs design a holiday from weddings to a private resort for two. The Setting is tranquil secluded luxurious in design and fittings. Sweeping views, wonderful snorkeling, fishing, a marine reserve all within minutes situated on beautiful coral coast beach. All facilities of a resort available from massage to cleaners, security and chef. Just relax and enjoy. 5 Bures with exquisite and romantic bathrooms, private plunge pools and a swimming pool approx 25 metres with spa and pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your de Vos The Private Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vos The Private Residence Hotel Sigatoka
- De Vos The Private Residence Fiji/Sigatoka