De Vos was exactly what we needed: beachfront resort, snorkelling right in front of the resort, a bure (much nicer than a hotel room) and friendly staff. You do have to plan to snorkel at high - mid tide though. The sea is warm even in the early morning. We had the bure by the pool, which is screened by plants but has a deck view across the pool to the sea. The private courtyard with bath was a lovely extension to this bure.
With no agenda we just took each day as it came, snorkelling, swimming, visiting nearby Hideaway and Naviti resorts and Sigatoka once. We liked our resort best because it felt friendly and there was always some pool shade. There's a nice mini supermarket directly across the road, accessible from the beach and up a bank (or you can walk the longer, sedate way). Because of close proximity to other guests in the common area it would probably not be so great if they weren't nice. But because we made friends with both guests and staff, it was more enjoyable than other holidays we've had. The staff surprised my husband with an enormous slice of chocolate cake on his birthday, which was much appreciated.
If you want to roam, a car is ideal for convenience. You would miss the friendliness of bus/shuttle passengers though. Cost: $2.40-3.00 to Sigatoka, $8.50 air conditioned express to airport.
De Vos captured the ambience of a luxury bach experience where we could disconnect from stress and unwind in a natural unintrusive environment. We would definitely like to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vos The Private Residence is a totally private accommodation based on the design of a exclusive resort on the Coral Coast, main island Fiji so that it is able to accommodate all your individual needs design a holiday from weddings to a private resort for two. The Setting is tranquil secluded luxurious in design and fittings. Sweeping views, wonderful snorkeling, fishing, a marine reserve all within minutes situated on beautiful coral coast beach. All facilities of a resort available from massage to cleaners, security and chef. Just relax and enjoy. 5 Bures with exquisite and romantic bathrooms, private plunge pools and a swimming pool approx 25 metres with spa and pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your de Vos The Private Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vos The Private Residence Hotel Sigatoka
- De Vos The Private Residence Fiji/Sigatoka