“Friendly Staff & Management”
Review of Gecko's Resort

Gecko's Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Brisbane, Australia
“Friendly Staff & Management”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

After travelling to Fiji for the past seven years. I recently spent five days at Geckos Absolutely Fabulous the most friendly Staff and hosts Helen & Darren. not only is the food great but it is also great value for money, Gecko's is clean & set in beautiful surrounds I will stay there again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I travel to Fiji once or twice a year on business and Gecko's was recommended by a friend so I thought I would give it a try this time. There was a large group of us attending a Dive conference and I would say 85% of us stayed at Gecko's.

To start with my room was very clean, tidy and modern, It looked as though it had recently been refurbished? The Dining area is well spaced out and in true tropical style sheltered in an outside area to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Food was very nice and excellent value for money which can be an issue in a lot of resorts!

Staff, FANTASTIC.... Seriously, the Fijian ladies who looked after me were great... They took my laundry and went out of there way to have it done for my early checkout and their smiles were simply contagious! The bar man Joe? I wish he was on our side of the bar to have drinks with us! What a good bugger!

Darren and Helen who own Gecko's came and introduced themselves to us, very nice people who take a lot of pride in their business. One thing I noticed was how they interacted with their staff... They treat all their staff with respect and it reflects in the staffs smiles and enthusiasm. Really nice to see!

I would recommend Gecko's to anyone wanting a very pleasant, no stress, holiday in Fiji. Excellent value and a very professionally run Resort.

Thanks Darren, Helen and all the staff at Gecko's! See you next year!

J.C

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jeff228
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My Daughter & I went to Fiji to attend my nephews wedding at the Shangri La. I chose to stay at Geckos Resort which is just opposite. I am so glad we did. Their web site dosen't do it justice. From the moment we arrived at the airport, our plane was delayed, so our driver rang through to the resort and had them keep the kitchen open so we could have dinner. Nothing was to much trouble. It has a lovely family atmostphere, every one is so friendly the staff are georgeous. Our hosts Darren & Helen were lovely down to earth people who just want to make sure every one enjoys their stay with them. Gecko's was spotless, and set in beautiful surroundings. The food in their resturant was delicious, and at very good prices. Accomodation at Gecko's is very reasonable, which was very important for me. If I had one complaint it was that we had to come home. So thank you again Darren Helen and all the staff at Gecko's for ensuring my daughter and I and our group had such a lovely stay. We hope to return one day, PS If you do stay at Gecko's don't miss the fire dancing it is amazing.
Mini and Lauren Bright

1 Thank Marion B
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have just come home from 7 days in fiji, it was the second time i have been there. This time i stayed at the shang ri la which is across the road from geckos and is meant to be the best resort on the island, part of the wedding party were staying at geckos and we all decided to make the trip over to have dinner with them. When we arrived they weren't quite expecting 20+ people but that did not bother them. They quickly ran around (which isnt common in fiji as they are all on fiji time) and set up a table for us, took our order and before i knew it we were eating grilled lobster for $60 fijian! Then they put on this amazing dance and fire show for everyone they got everybody up off their seats and even i got up and had a dance! Now if that was the shang ri la i would still be waiting for my table and i would be paying huge money for my dinner! I really enjoyed geckos we all did and i believe some people are still raving about it!
The owners were lovely and very welcoming, if i do come back to fiji i will be staying at geckos.

3 Thank Cassie M
Kalevu, General Manager at Gecko's Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Darren & I are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening at Gecko’s Resort, it certainly was a fun night and a pleasure meeting all your Friends and Family. We would both like to wish you all the best for your travels.
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Gecko's Resort is set in beautiful gardens, just across the street from a major resort where you will be able to enjoy the beach. The atmosphere is serene, the staff lovely, and the managers, Helen and Darren, are gracious- nothing is too much trouble. Take the time to look at the cultural center, and even if you are just passing through, stop by for lunch and a wander around the resort.

If you are a Geocacher, there is one placed in the gardens. A great find and huge value for your vacation budget.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank starfishblue
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we really do appreciate such positive feedback on Gecko's Resort, it was a pleasure to meet you both and we are looking forward to the first person finding the Geocache! Please call in and see us again next time you are in Fiji on the Coral Coast.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Just got home after 6 nights at Gecko's. What a great experience. Our hosts Darren & Helen could not have been more helpful. The staff were magnificent, both friendly and helpful. Why stay at Shangri La across the road where the prices for everything are 40% more expensive. This is a great location for couples or small groups. The food was faultless and people even come from other resorts to eat here. The dance show is a must see and you won't see better on the coast. Glad I stayed here. You can still access the facilities at Shangri La if you want - best to go there and compare the prices. You will be amazed

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms up to No 25. The next few were closer to the maintenance area so a little noisier in...
2 Thank Steve D
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, it really does mean a lot to Darren and myself to know that we and the staff were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay here at Gecko’s and we hope to see you all again in the near future.
Auckland
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at Geckos over a year ago now and I am dying to go back. Friends of ours were getting married at the ShangriLa and while I was desparate to go I couldn't afford to stay there, a friend recommended Gecko's for at least half the price so I shared a room with 2 other girls and we had an absolute ball. The staff were very friendly, and a couple were ex-Newzealanders so we had plenty to chat about. We ended up hiring their driver for most of our trip (there was about 10 of us all together, so we just piled in the van) and he was very good, knowlegable and took us to some beautiful places. We spent alot of time at the ShangriLa (for the wedding), but usually came back to geckos for a meal and the whole crew came down for a couple of nights to enjoy the awesome dinner and show package (free show!)

Thank you Gecko's for a memorable holiday :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank shwingnz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Bedarra Beach Inn
Mango Bay Resort Fiji
Mango Bay Resort Fiji
#8 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Gecko's Resort? Share your experiences!